It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic groups praying for No vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
With the Lisbon Treaty hinged on the vote of Ireland, and the prancing and of visits from European countries over the past few months to further the yes propaganda machine, I have oft thought what the good ole Catholic Church was preaching on a Sunday…

And here is the answer…;] maybe the “Faith” was good for something after all.

Some Catholic prayer groups are praying for the Lisbon Treaty to be rejected, according to a Reuters report

Some Catholics in Ireland fear the new treaty will create loopholes allowing the EU to force Ireland to relax its strict abortion laws, permit same sex marriages and erode what they regard as traditional religious values.

Some groups have sent text messages urging the devout to recite the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy, a rosary-like prayer cycle, in their request for a No vote.

www.rte.ie...

The lovely daily mail

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen said on Thursday the treaty brought no major innovation, describing it as a complex document.

McCreevy, a former Irish finance minister, said he had not read the entire treaty, adding there was enough information for people to be able to understand it and vote on June 12

Irish voters go to the polls on June 12 to vote on the treaty in the only referendum planned by an EU state, meaning one of the bloc's smallest nations could sink a project designed to end years of wrangling over reform of its institutions

IT WILL BE A NO

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I was speaking to my dad about this only last weekend (he lives in ireland) and he reckons that there is uproar over this for the very reasons that have been stated.

The celtic tiger economy may have improved Ireland massively, but that doesn't change what is a pretty staunch catholic population and way of thinking.

My point is and always has been, that if it doesn't go through, they'll just try another way.

And another

And another

Until they get their way.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
yes i agree , they will try and try again, but if Ireland says no

however it may buy some time for the UK whom are trying to get a Referendum
and others to read and see the implications.

fingers crossed ;]

new topics

join