It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quest for the Lost Civilization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This is without a doubt one of the best documentaries ever made. Graham Hanconck has put together so much evidence and consulted with so many of the worlds top experts in their feilds.

Part 1
video.google.com...

Part 2
video.google.com...

Part 3
video.google.com...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
They would do better to try and fund field research than sitting around talking about and misinterpreting stuff.

Cayce organization paid for the two radio carbon dating projects of AE monuments - now that was useful. GH stuff is not.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't see someone's work can be anynore useful than exposing scientists for what they are, people who make up convoluted theories and make up explanations about the pottery shards they find in the ground.

It's important that people realize that science is always wrong. Every scientific theory either already has or will in the future, be proven wrong and then replaced with a newer theory, which in turn eventually also gets proven wrong.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wow this is some wisdom Hollywood

Every scientific theory either already has or will in the future, be proven wrong and then replaced with a newer theory, which in turn eventually also gets proven wrong.

So you are stating that GH's theories are also all wrong - if so why listen to him?

It's important that people realize that science is always wrong.

LOL, really Hollywood? Where did the internet come from then? Science seems to have been amazingly right the last 200 years - haven't you noticed a smidgen of change since you were born?

You really need to think harder and stop spouting propaganda that is not only wrong but seriously silly!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I like GH He makes you think about the subject that most of academia would like us to ignore.

History is often written by those who win wars or those who trie to claim some genetic or religious ties to some ancient culture or civilization

I believe that we have been here a lot longer than is presently acknowledged but some of his theories have already been proven wrong.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Gh is a good writer and if he did fiction he'd be very successful

academia would like us to ignore.

It is the nature of academic writing, a tradition you might say, to base theories on facts and evidence. Much of what GH goes on about is, well, shall we say, "unsupported". I would suspect that academia doesn't particularly worry one way or the other on what you read, or pay attention to or ignore.

At the moment I'm trying to think of a theory of his that hasn't been proven to be off the radar scope - I must research that, its' rare that someone would get everything wrong. Let me do a search.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Again, the knowledge of how computers work was known in the east long before it was known in the west

THe west did't even know about this knowledge until Gottfried Leibniz(1646 - 1716), developed Binary Arithmitec, which makes computers possible. The I Ching was first introduced to him and the western world by his friend who went to the east

In 1697, a French Jesuit missionary in China, Joachim Bouvet, introduced the I Ching to German mathematician and philosopher, Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibnitz, who was amazed by the Book of Changes and its use of binary arithmetic, then unknown in Europe. Leibnitz spread the good word, and thus our civilization was first introduced to binary arithmetic, which is not only the cornerstone of the Book of Changes but also the language of all modern computers. Leibnitz was not the only great mind fascinated with the I Ching. Foremost among those who extolled its merit was no doubt psychologist Carl C. Jung, who saw in the Book of Changes the most perfect illustration of his own Theory of Archetypes and referred to the I Ching as "the most profound book ever to come from the East."

Books that relate the history of computers generally credit the digital theory that is the foundation of computer systems to Gottfried Leibniz, who is many times referred to as "the father of the digital revolution". The picture on the left is an illustration of the binary system that Leibniz created, and the picture below is an illustration of the 64 hexagrams of the I Ching. There is not much difference between the two illustrations as the picture on the left merely uses the numbers 0 and 1 rather than the symbols of Yin and Yang.

"In his article Explication de l'Arithmétique Binaire (1703) Gottfried Leibniz writes that he has found in the hexagrams a base for claiming the universality of the binary numeral system. He takes the layout of the combinatorial excercise found in the hexagrams to represent binary sequences, so that |||||| would correspond to the binary sequence 000000 and |||||: would be 000001, and so forth."

www.kerryr.net...

So also, in general, anything introduced within the last 200 is foreign to the earth's nature and was introduced, not developed by skeptics or science

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
...and your point is Hollywood?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You're trying to say that technology is a result of modern science.

In reality there was never this level of technology for 12,000 years and then all of a sudden in modern times it appears again.

Certain things are just discovered when they are destined to be, or when they were planned to be introduced. It's not because of humans or modern science though.

Ancient spiritual people who lived in harmony with nature had much greater knowledge than modern scientists of today.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thanks Hollywood for this, you make good threads.

There's a obvious cover going on and GH puts tons of evidence forward to much to be dismissed like someones doing in this thread. lol

What I like about GH is that even what he says backed with evidence that he doesn't as if its set in stone unlike some people already like to think it is.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
You're trying to say that technology is a result of modern science.

In reality there was never this level of technology for 12,000 years and then all of a sudden in modern times it appears again.

Certain things are just discovered when they are destined to be, or when they were planned to be introduced. It's not because of humans or modern science though.

Ancient spiritual people who lived in harmony with nature had much greater knowledge than modern scientists of today.

Has far as we know we are the first technological civilization

Ah okay, so who is controling the rate of discovery-odd that the scientists don't notice this? Why is that?

They had greater knowledge huh? So why didn't they do anything with this knowledge other than ponder, while they watched people expire from poor sanitation and disease?

Its a nice vision but has no reality.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The people who had poor lives and died of diseases all the time were societal people, not people who lived in nature or true spiritual monasteries etc

People long ago in history could live to be 100 and be healthy their whole lives, if they lived properly and had the knowledge.....which in the past, the knowledge of health and longevity was a feircly gaurded secret

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
The people who had poor lives and died of diseases all the time were societal people, not people who lived in nature or true spiritual monasteries etc

People long ago in history could live to be 100 and be healthy their whole lives, if they lived properly and had the knowledge.....which in the past, the knowledge of health and longevity was a feircly gaurded secret

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Hollywood11]

Then these 'deeply spiritual people' only cared about themselves and were self-centered and envious. Why follow those jerks then?

While science has spread its knowledge everywhere it is can be accepted.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
True spiritual lineages had to be kept in tact, unmolested and uncorrupted through history.

However, many of the greatest figures in history, those who had the most positive impact in world, were in fact spiritually enlitened beings who had secretly come to improve the world and nourish the best in mankind.

But the full teachings of true spiritual lineages could never be made public in the past, human conciousness and human society overall wasn't ready until around September 17 2001 the Age of Aquarius

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

True spiritual lineages had to be kept in tact, unmolested and uncorrupted through history

Sounds pretty elitist

So I presume this is suppose to be secret - how do you know about it?

Give us an example of say, five of these hidden spiritualists.

Was Napoleon? Stalin? Newton was a bit of a religious nutcake - how about him? Muhammed? Gautama Siddharta?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Thanks Hollywood for this, you make good threads.

There's a obvious cover going on and GH puts tons of evidence forward to much to be dismissed like someones doing in this thread. lol

What I like about GH is that even what he says backed with evidence that he doesn't as if its set in stone unlike some people already like to think it is.

Thanks man, yeah, there really is alot in this series. I think this is my favorite series he put out, and it's based on Heaven's Mirror, which is possibly Graham Hancock's best work and strongest evidence. It really made alot of conventional scientists # their pants, and the Astrology is very hard to deny. Some people even got in trouble for slandering the astrological alignemnts, especially the Orion Correlation Theory which is even published in peer reviewed archaeology journals.

top topics

join