It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Scott McClellan trying to exonerate himself before the prosecutions begin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I think Scott McClellan is trying to clean house. He’s privy to information you don't have. He sees the writing on the wall and knows what’s coming; prosecutions for Chenney, Rove and possibly Bush. The noose is tightening, and Scot is trying desperately to tidy up his image before his fate is decided by a rabid public. It’s probably a great tactical move. I do hope he’s at least somewhat sincere.

Bush and Chenney need to step down immediately for the good of the republican party. They are absolutely toxic. Even the hardcore republicans I know loathe them, and are disgusted by their policies and arrogance. If they step down now, the republicans will still have a chance in the election.

Besides, if they don't, I can’t see how the media is going to pretend the race between McCain and Obama or Hilary is too-close-to-call with the republicans being so dead-bolted to bush?

Also, how is the pentagon going to launch an attack on Iran with Bush at the wheel? Even the staunchest of republicans have 'had-it' with these guys and won’t let it happen. Whichever way you look at it they should go -now.

Lastly, I applaud some in the media like Chris Mathews and Katy Couric who were big enough to admit mistakes were made on 'the media’s' part. I’m one of the most cynical people on earth, but even I can forgive our media and move on as long as we grow from our mistakes. Obviously we all make them, and we’re all capable of change, if not, what’s the point of living? What’s the point of learning? We need to heal together, and forgive, we especially need to forgive those who are big enough to admit mistakes were made. Forgiving Bush? That’s going to take a very long time.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by sexysadie]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
That's what I said in another thread, that McClellan might be trying to wash his hands clean. Somewhat sincere? In what way? Oh come on sadie, you can't honestly believe that.

The question is who. Who has the idea and power to execute bush jr and dick, that is why I'm not so positive about it. It's possible, but who?

[edit on Thu, 29 May 08 by Jazzyguy]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Sorry I actually looked for a similar thread, didn’t see it. America is disgusted, people behind the scenes know this. People in power are disgusted too, it’s not them against us. You can bet various agencies are watching everything Bush and Chenney do and are slowly putting the pieces of the puzzle together. These guys are in a box and they don‘t even know it. The only people carrying water for them now are right-wing radio stations, and even they secretly hate them.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
If there is a prosecution of the current administration, McClellan's book won't mean diddly-squat as far as his culpability is concerned.

As for the current administration stepping down now a mere five months before the general election, that would create such havoc that it would make the Democrat primary campaign look like the "Donny and Marie Show."

A new president will be sworn in on January 20, 2009 and then we will see what happens.

Whatever happens in terms of the Bush administration legally, if the president is convicted, the ultimate outcome will be that Bush will be pardoned and a few underlings might see some jail time, just like when Nixon resigned and Ford pardoned Nixon and a few operatives served some time.

However, regardless of what Scott McClellan might think of Bush's political tactics, I've seen no evidence that he's broken the law and the Congress is not about to upset the already unbalanced Democrat apple cart by trying to impeach the president at this juncture.

The Democrats, I'm pretty sure, at this point really believe that they can take the White House and that within a year will have ended the war in Iraq, found and prosecuted Osama bin Laden for criminal damage to private and public property, thus winning the war on terror, will have nationalized the oil industry, bringing the price of oil down to about a nickle a gallon, neutralized all Middle Eastern state sponsors of terror, making them allies, while Israel gets nuked into oblivion after we've let both Syria and Iran build nuclear power plants for "peaceful purposes."

And that will be just the start. Before the first Democratic term is over, global warming will have been conquered because of Al Gore's impeccable leadership as the climate czar and the polar ice caps will have recovered so well that the Arctic cap will be eight miles thick and will extend to the Mason-Dixon line.

By that time, everyone will be asking, "Bush who?"

[edit on 2008/5/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I mean this thread.
Exclusive: McClellan whacks Bush, White House Bush relied on "propaganda" to sell the war, first page.

People in power are disgusted too, it’s not them against us.

Well, you're the first one (that I know of) who said that about this news, it's very possible. Still, someone powerful must have initiate it. Someone who's also influential with the GOP. It's not easy to remove a US president you know.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
As for the current administration stepping down now a mere five months before the general election, that would create such havoc that it would make the Democrat primary campaign look like the "Donny and Marie Show."

Response by Sexysadie:
It might be dramatic, but it’s their only shot. Five months is like six years in terms of many an American’s memory. Unfortunately for the gop a disillusioned country awakens every day to Bush and Chenney. (Playing devils advocate) If I’m a republican strategist, I’d encourage the party to confront Bush / Chenney and strongly persuade them to step down now, then I’d insert a pretty face who would reconnect with the American people and effectively distance the republican party from the Bush administration, then drum up support for the new republicans during the final months. - Sexysadie

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
And that will be just the start. Before the first Democratic term is over, global warming will have been conquered because of Al Gore's impeccable leadership as the climate czar and the polar ice caps will have recovered so well that the Arctic cap will be eight miles thick and will extend to the Mason-Dixon line. By that time, everyone will be asking, "Bush who?"

Response by Sexysadie:
Sound like a fairy tale, but one I’d like to believe in! Still, I’m working on a third alternative - tangibile solutions to all our ills, in case things don‘t go as planned.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think Scott's coming forward is a good thing. While MY policy would have been to go see the Man and say, hey i'm not going to lie anymore, i can also understand why he waited until now.
First of all he probably had to have time to think about what course of action to take. Secondly, if they do manage to roundup the criminals, he may feel protection from the book.
He didnt write the book for money, gee how many people dont have a book now? Lets be realistic.

Its not a shocker that what he was reporting were lies.
Everyone was reporting lies, after all loyalty to the president is expected and has always been expected.

He's taking many lumps, we all know that, but i think we will find as things progress, that all he said was true.
I think its kind of obvious now, dont you?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes I couldn't agree more, his coming forward is a great thing. I was just wondering if maybe he sees something in the future.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sexysadie
Response by Sexysadie:
Sound like a fairy tale, but one I’d like to believe in!

Do you know where the Mason-Dixon line is?

My response was largely satirical.

The Bush administration isn't going away until 1/20/2009, so relax and watch the Democrats self-destruct before your very eyes and hope that there are enough people to vote for a Democrat candidate amid the carnage.

[edit on 2008/5/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sexysadie
Yes I couldn't agree more, his coming forward is a great thing. I was just wondering if maybe he sees something in the future.

He does see something in the future.

Book royalties, speaking engagements, and maybe even a political consultant job at at major network, like maybe MSNBC.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ah ha ha, Grady, i love your avatar!!!

I just noticed it.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sexysadie

As I said on another thread it is possible that McClellan released the book to avoid facing any criminal chargers with the logic being that it would no longer be possible to find an unbiased jury or least have that road open to his defence . I am not entirely convinced that McClellan didn't know that he was passing on disinformation . Then again the book could be something of an apology for the last eight years.

top topics

join