It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural High

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Cute thread. lol

Taking invigorating, brisk walks or exercising regularly but not to the point of exhaustion. That will really boost you up.

[edit on 5/30/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Very interesting...I really don't have any experience with fasting because I have low blood sugar and if I don't eat I just pass out haha. Maybe there is something more to this whole fasting thing than just self flagellation.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Thanks for adding this. Very interesting article also. Do you think there is a way to achieve this sort of 'runners' high' while doing something other than intense activity? Also, if you don't mind, how far did you have to run before you achieved your euphoria?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I agree that there is just something about an impending storm that is so exciting. For me there is just this feeling of expectation. I don't fully understand it because I know what is coming. Maybe it's like the excitement of expecting Christmas. But the 'charged' feeling is absolutely palpable. Glad to know I'm not the only one who enjoys storms.

But let me ask my fellow storm fans this: Is it only thunder/rain storms that produce this feeling of excitement for you, or is it also snowstorms or meteor showers or any other type of interesting weather?

Thanks everyone for all the interesting replies! We've compiled quite a list of mood elevators here.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

I think it's just thunderstorms - certainly for me.
(Although I do enjoy hurricane-like storms, too, very much - and for the same reasons.)

However, snowstorms can be the source of a different kind of excitement: especially in environments where they are relatively rare, they create extra-ordinary, "emergency" circumstances that halt the usual going-on of the world. (Other extreme weather conditions can create the same feeling, but can be very unpleasant, too.)

If it weren't for the thought of all the homeless people, animals, and other unprotected beings, I would enjoy them tremendously.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The best natural high there is sitting down for an hour and then standing up quickly and streching every time I do this get really strange feeling and get close to passing out getting to the point of losing vision best non drug high ever

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

The distance required varies by people..I have talked to distance runners that say it actually encourages them to run a little longer as it is not a constant but rathers stretches out in time and distance.

First time was in 7th grade gym and that was only 45 minutes of jogging. Second time was around 5 mile mark as recall. 3rd time was toward the end of 10 kM race. So at least for me around 5-6 miles would do it. I usually never went that far stopping maybe at 3ish..so maybe that is how to gauge it..

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yoga does it for me.
Every time I feel disconnected, I do some yoga and I get this incredible energy, or maybe it just helps me focus it.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
Do share your opinions and experiences!
------->naturally high

I use to like the weed alot, that was long ago and far away.

These days it's all about yoga and whole food natual diet. Please don't think of me as one of those hippies or what ever.

It's been my personal experiences that natural and organic whole foods make you feel good. Also yoga. You think its for crusty old dudes, but it is not.

Yoga was devloped thousands of years ago to "OPEN" channels in one's body. If done right, it gets you so high!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Stand up and keep spinning around, until you're so dizzy that you can't stand anymore.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I would add yoga to my list of things that is probably really a great thing but has been corrupted by trendiness and marketing. I don't think it's so much for crusty old hippies today as it is for trendy urbanites who only bother to do it if people can see them and appreciate their coolness.

It's really cool that it makes you feel so great. I didn't know it brought practitioners happiness as well as exercise.

Thanks again, all, for all the great responses.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

At the risk of hijacking the thread sorry
Yes I totally agree, having spent the last two years trying to induce LDs on a regular basis, I usually get around 5 a month now and have progressed from very short ones up to long intense complex ones, often multiple on same night. . I find there are distinct degrees of lucidity from vague just hanging in there and flying around abit to amazing euphoric where I do have total recall of my waking concious.
I always have a list of things to do while in the LD state, this I try to recall always. In the early days it ranged from increasing lucidity (I do this by spinning up in to the air oddly enough), changing my location by thinking about it, through to resolving issues with my physical body (in this case it was alergy to dust mites).

Recently in the lucid state, I notice that most people I encounter seem to be "vague" almost sleep walking, these people for me are just dreaming normally. The fun begins when I find people who are "lucid" like I am. We talk and exchange ideas. Which suggests to me that LDs are not just dreams...

Whatever. ..I agree that the best natural high for me is a full 110% lucid dream.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join