It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden and September 11

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
reply to post by Bunch

The fact is that much of the information provided by the official story is either falsified, withheld, or both. The Truth movement wasn't born out of boredom.

Is that your opinion of the official reports I will respect that, still I believe not one single conspiracy addresses the events in the scope that the official reports do.

Also, I know the truth movement was not born out of boredom, I'm one of those who also recognize that the official story let a lot of question unanswered and it also raised a lot more, hence the conspiracies were born.

But what I have seen of late with the truth movement is dissapointing, many people have jump in to sell their crazy theories that go from lazer beams from space to one guy that told me that you only need it 3 people to perform this operation, I mean common people!

I use to like the truth movement at the beggining when serious questions were been ask, and reports analyzed and scrutinized, now is a competition of who has the craziest theory and can sell a DVD, get an interview and in some instances get more ATS points, (and this is not a comment directed to the OP of this thread)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethia

Occurred as in it never came to his mind until America's foreign policy made it possible. Think about it. Comprehend when you read what he says.

If America did not support Israel, do you think Islamic fundamentalists would think about violent intentions being occurred in their mind against the U.S.?

intr.v.
oc�curred , oc�cur�ring , oc�curs
To take place; come about. See Synonyms at happen.
To be found to exist or appear: Copper deposits occur in the region.
To come to mind: The idea never occurred to me.

I say to you, Allah knows that it had never occurred to us to strike the towers. But after it became unbearable and we witnessed the oppression and tyranny of the American/Israeli coalition against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it came to my mind.

Past tense, now the idea has come to his mind the moment it came to him afterwards.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethia

Re: geography, are you saying that because he's stuck in a few hills it's too difficult. Soldiers can't go up hills now? The only reason we got Saddam was because he was under a nice flat surface? Come on, if you really want someone, you get them, mountains/hills/underground or not.

Perhaps you need to look at Afghanistan before you think of a few hills as some easy place to search and climb.

How big is Afghanistan? Answer that before we debate more on finding Osama. O yeah and answer how long it took to find Saddam when he was in a nice small underground flat surface.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

First let say this so we don't start and endless debate to would go in circles and would take us no where. I'm not as big of a supporter of the official story as I already acknowledge that it has many things that were left up in the air.

I know about these alleged highjackers that are supposedly walking in the streets right now, I heard about the ID mistakes and I have seen that many CT's don't buy the explanation given. To me a mistake in I'd happens all the time, its one of this cases that I can give the benefit of the doubt to the official story, just because it does not alter the context of the events that happen that day. Add to that the fact that our intelligence services are in shamble, they could even get WMD's right, enough said.

When I try to analize the events that happen that day I try to be very objective, that's why I challenge any conspiracy theorist that instead of poking holes here and there, to try to connect the dots in a way that can be believable.

I have my own opinion of what I think what happen that day, and it includes some aspects of both, some of the conspiracies and some elements of the official story.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by Alethia

Re: geography, are you saying that because he's stuck in a few hills it's too difficult. Soldiers can't go up hills now? The only reason we got Saddam was because he was under a nice flat surface? Come on, if you really want someone, you get them, mountains/hills/underground or not.

Perhaps you need to look at Afghanistan before you think of a few hills as some easy place to search and climb.

How big is Afghanistan? Answer that before we debate more on finding Osama. O yeah and answer how long it took to find Saddam when he was in a nice small underground flat surface.

It's a lot smaller than the US, it's roughly the same size as Iraq. Size is not an excuse.

You seem to be worrying about little details and not the big picture. According to the government, Osama is public enemy number 1, he killed over 3,000 US citizens on 9/11, countless more in the terrorist acts before then that you mention, he has forced this country to go to war in Afghanistan & Iraq, he is the instigator of the "War on Terror" that involves the US getting tough with countless other "rouge" states, he has been the cancer on the ass of the Bush presidency, yet the US is not focused on finding him. It's resources are not concentrated on finding him. The world would be a better place if this man was wiped off it, yet we are not trying to get him?

Are you telling me that all a man needs to beat a superpowers resources, the billions of dollars the US spends on military and weapons and the CIA, NSA etc, all the informants this superpower has around the world, all the political connections it has, $20 million offered to those who help find him, all of these enormous resources can be beaten by hiding in a cave?

Come on, step back and think for a second, you can't see the wood for the trees.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Everyone has the right to their opinion of course and we can and should all respect that. However, as for myself, having at first believed the official story and then did my own research outside the norm, it is quite obvious that the gov't story put out by the Commission and other propaganda elements is a complete farse and a disgrace to the victims.

I guess maybe a couple things to talk about would be the most obvious and glaring aspects of that day. Specifically, I would bring up the "collapse" of WTC 7(Soloman Brother's Building) at around 5:20pm that day. From the video evidence, we can see that it's definitely not a building obliterated by fire damage. Anyone who can't wrap their head around the obvious fact that it was demolished on purpose needs a wakeup call. Subsequently, the fact that there was no mention of WTC7 anywhere in the 9/11 Commission Report, except for one single footnote and NIST's lack of an official explanation for its "global collapse" would lead me to believe they are hiding something! Of course, anyone believing the official story who doesn't do their own research on the events of that day would never learn of the third building.
Also, how in the hell does NORAD NOT intercept these aircraft before they could even reach their targets??? This, almost as ridiculous as WTC7, is another thorn in the official story's side! The fact that fighters were not scrambled immediately that day begs the question as to who was in charge of NORAD that day and who gave the order to stand down on immediate response??? Jets were sent up numerous times in the years prior to 9/11 to investigate stray aircraft and other things, but on 9/11 none of that happened.

As far as Bin Laden is concerned, if he was the real culprit then where in the hell is this guy?? A 50-60 year old man reportedly on Kidney Dialysis is walking around Afghanistan/Pakistan and the mighty US military can't find him?? Give me a break!!!
Of course, the US gov't can't officially catch him because then there would be a reason to end all the wars going on right now since we would have "found the 9/11 mastermind" and our gov't and all those war profiteers wouldn't want that to happen now would they?!?!?!

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but eventually those that believe the "official story" will be the crazy conspiracy theorists, not us!

Purduegrad05

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention....BIN LADEN is on the FBI's top ten most wanted list but of course, there is no mention of his mass murder of US Citizens on 9/11. If you don't believe me then look for yourself, I couldn't even make this up!!

www.fbi.gov...

What a joke!!! Once again, the incompetence of our Federal gov't is beyond reproach. I mean, at least phony it up a little bit....make some elaborate or well-worded statement about him and his complicity in the 9/11 attacks!! But, NOTHING is even mentioned about 9/11 or even him being REMOTELY involved!! So who are the real culprits???

I like this little bit right here that they put in....
"IN ADDITION, BIN LADEN IS A SUSPECT IN OTHER TERRORIST ATTACKS THROUGHOUT THE WORLD."

Key word here being "SUSPECT"!! If he is "suspect" then where is the evidence?? Anyone can make up a tape of themselves saying they committed some attrocity half the world away and send it all over the planet!! If you're a suspect, there should be EVIDENCE! There is none that I can see, just another Lee Harvey Oswald patsy with a turban and a beard.

Purduegrad05

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Purduegrad05]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

www.buzzflash.com...

Less than six months.

While they were still digging bodies out of the rubble piles, Shrubya has already declared that getting Bin-Laden is "not that important. It's not our priority".

[edit on 5/30/2008 by Griff]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Bunch, I'll certainly concede that some of the ideas put forth by the truth movement are absurd. Like you said, laser beams from space, holographic planes, etc. Let us not forget though, that the inability to prove one theory, doesn't lend credibility to another. In other words, just because the laser beam theory is wrong, doesn't mean the official story is right. What's happened to the Truth movement is that too many people are now attempting to explain what actually happened that day, when in fact, the original mission of the truth movement was to expose the fact that the truth has been withheld, to fill in the holes of the official story, not to write a new story with new holes.

I myself am disgusted by many of the newer "truthers" out there now. I in no way, shape or form buy into the official story, but people like me lose credibility when others claim it was really reptillian shape-shifters piloting the planes.

On the original topic, I don't think OBL had anything to do with it whatsoever. He sure made a convenient fall guy though.

Oh, and the fact that we can't find him has nothing to do with going up into the hills, we can't find him because his dialysis machine is fitted with a cloaking device from the city of Atlantis. Actually, I think it's more feasible that he's got a posh suite at the Whyndham courtesy of the CIA than it is that he orchestrated and carried out the events as they're depicted in the official story.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

If they got him, how would they wheel him out every time they need to distract people from something.

New laws - TERROR ALERT, OBL PLOTTING LA HIT.

Don't forget, it's all for our own protection.

You get the picture, I'm sure

It's hasn't really been the whitehouse for years - it's been the shrubbery.

I really hope you guys get a decent president this time around - bush&co have done more to damage america than anything I can think of.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I don't want you to interpret that I'm saying that no one theory has managed to present a scenario of how this operation might have been out together, then the official story is right. If I have you that impression then I apologize for not been clear.

What's gets me fed up is that people spew out conspiracies without pausing and thinking the who, when's and the how's. Is easy to say that there was demo charges in the buildings, but who plant them?, when?, how? In the technical, operational, logistical, strategical aspects.

I mean it gets to the point that if you have any idea on what it takes to design, plan, coordinate and execute an operation like that you would conclude that many if not all of the conspiracies border on the ridiculous. And I say this because I have some experience in the area of planning, logistics area of military operations.

If you ask me, I would say that those buildings look like they were CD, first I have no expertise on CD so maybe that's why to my eyes it looks that way, but then I do some research on what it take to do a CD, an the amount of work needed is extensive, and that's for buildings even close to the size of the WTC.

I always listen to what conspiracy theorists have to say, well I don't listen to much of late due to the current situation of the truth movement, but to me it looks that not many of them if any have any idea of what it takes to perform this in a way that no one, not one single person would have notice or blow the whistle from inside.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethia

As I said already before, look at geography. What do criminals tend to do when they are on the run? How do you think criminials can get away after being on the wanted poster for many decades. I think you watched too much Hollywood crap like Enemy of the State starring Will Smith that has a satellite staying parallel in earth's orbit over his head.

Even if you have a million troops in Afghanistan, we would still not get him, because of geography. Afghanistan is not just one big planet.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

HA!! Like the FBfreakin'EYE is going to put it on their WEBSITE, right? That would SURELY be the first place I would go to check on credible information pertaining to OBL, who, in fact, is probably long DEAD by now, who, in fact, is wanted in the US, yes, but not for 9/11 - did you know that????? No, Mr. OBL himself is only wanted for the 1993 world trade center bombing - this having come to my attention when they held hearings in JAPAN on 9/11!!! Yes, JAPAN and other countries are also questioning the "official version" of 9/11. Osama Bush Cheney were behind 9/11, much more like it. It's their excuse for EVERYTHING.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I watched the BBC announcement where they said building seven was completely collapsed while it was still standing in the picture. Nevermind the missing plane and all those important details. Building seven falsely reported was the only thing needed to confirm what I already knew to be true.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

want an american source?

archives.cnn.com...

Does that suffice?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

ok put it like this you once saw forest gump stand next to jfk didnt you well what makes you think they couldnt false the tapes of osama bin laden, stop being brain washed by the western media and wake up. The taliban asked for evidence osama was involved and if the americans produced it they would personally hand him over they were never shown the proof yet all the other coutries that attacked afghanistan were, now why the only country that mattered that had osama was not given the proof because it didnt matter to america they were gonna attack them anyway. osama has stated on many occasion that he did not do 911

u lot wake up watch "loose change" on google video and other videos telling you 911 was an inside job men in caves could never pull it off but ohwell like they say some will always be blinded by the corrupted media and system (government) that keeps you as a slave you might think your free but you aint.

islam doesnt allow innocent women men and children to be killed. you lot have heard # about the taliban and believe it well like i said i seen forest gump stand next to jfk oh it must be true wake and do your own research if your that lazy and believe everything you hear and see on western news then you deserve to be fooled

alex jones gives you more than enough evidence on 911 infowars.com

911 inside job osama had nothing to do with it. aint you ever noticed when the american government want the heat taken away from them osama always pops up with one of his videos .

honest to god people wake up. illuminati is real and here and i only hope for your own sake you realise it and wake up to it.

we as a people of allfaith and religions should unite the governemnt should fear its people not the people fear its government.

i only feel sorry for all the people who died in the towers my thought are with their famillies all colours and casts.

ok iraq war no weapons of mass destruction found illegal war .
afghanistan no osama found illegal war how can america get away with it i know the world is asleep or it has come to the point where people only give a # about themselves until it comes to thier own doorstep. well your rights as humans are being taken away new laws passed everyday due to the war on terror and our governements get away with it you see they want to fight a war on terrorism because its a war they kant win so that means they kan pass as many laws on our freedom as they like soon we wont be free . but everyone needs to wake up research on it you wont see it in the news on tv the media is too controlled

look for alex jones infowars.com

look for loose change video on google video

look for the actual interview with osama on 911 saying he didnt do it and the taliban asking for evidence he did do it and if he did they would hand him over but they wrre neva shown proof . basically wake up or break up.

a man who chokes on a pretzel is running a country who are allowed to do what they want. a man who when his country is being attacked is sitting in a nursery listening to a lil kid . so many deaths could have been avoided in 911 ooops no they couldnt thats what the governemnt wanted

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join