It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden and September 11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Osama Bin Laden and September 11

www.daily.pk

Not many people know that, after September 11, 2001, Osama bin Laden issued a statement on tape that he had nothing to do with the attacks on America and that such actions were against the teachings of Islam. Americans were prevented from accessing this information because we were told that Osama could possibly have an embedded "secret code" in the tape that would alert other terrorists cells to "activate" and target other American cities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Pakistani news.

SPEECHLESS.

www.daily.pk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Any article filled with conspiracy theory jargon instantly sets off warning bells for me. There is no way I can beleieve that story without some evidence.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

Pakistani news.

SPEECHLESS.

Speechless. Me too... that you would be citing Pakistani Daily as a source for what OBL might or might not have said on 9/11. What's even more jaw-dropping is that Pakistan Daily is in fact quoting Scholars for 9/11 Truth in THEIR article.

In other words, the Pakistani press is using the U.S. truth movement to spread anti-U.S. propaganda in Pakistan.

Just another example of regurgitated and re-heated 9/11 "news" stories being misleadingly portrayed as new and original in thought and substance.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I know at least part of the quote is genuine. It was released Sept 16 '01 via al Jazeera..I've never seen anything past:

"I stress that I have not carried out this act, which appears to have been carried out by individuals with their own motivation."

so I have no idea if any of the rest of what is quoted was said by him, but the first bit can be found all over the net:

Wiki
Fox 'News'

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yeah... I'm definitely going to need some evidence on this one.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

I remember hearing this shortly after 911.

What more proof you want.

What proof is there that he is involved in 911?

The FBI doesnt have enough evidence to link him to 911. what more do you want.

The video confessions from laden have been proven fraudulant, what more do you want?

[edit on 29-5-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
1. His video confessions have been proven fraudulent? That's certainly news to me. When and where did this occur? You ask what more do I want? Well, I kinda want to know where you got this from because it isn't true.

2. The FBI has stated this where? www.fbi.gov...
(bolded emphasis mine)

However, as the events of September 11 demonstrated with horrible clarity, the United States also confronts serious challenges from international terrorists. The transnational Al-Qaeda terrorist network headed by Usama Bin Laden has clearly emerged as the most urgent threat to U.S. interests. The evidence linking Al-Qaeda and Bin Laden to the attacks of September 11 is clear and irrefutable

If you have to resort to blatent fabrications such as the statement you just made saying the FBI lacks the evidence linking him, then clearly your case is beyond weak and cannot stand on the merits of real facts. Again, you ask what more do I want? Well, again I kinda want to know where you got this from, too, because it also is untrue.

3. I love the fact that we're supposed to just throw up our hands and say "Oh hell, aside from the last time he tried to blow up the Towers, and aside from that time he organized the murder of all those tourists in Egypt, and aside from those bombings of US embassy buildings, and aside from trying to blow up the USS Cole, oh yeah, and aside from telling his followers well before 9/11 that killing Americans and Jews is every muslim's duty, aside from all that crap bin Laden is actually a pretty cool, down to Earth guy. He smells a little funny and usually has shwarma stuck in his beard, but he's never given us any reason not to believe him when he says he's an innocent man, so let's herrald his words as being the gospel and go have a beer with the dude!" The man is a proven terrorist, murderer, and genocidist. His stated life's goal was to bring down those towers because they represented the US's success as well as the success of the Jew in modern America in his eyes.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy

I know at least part of the quote is genuine. It was released Sept 16 '01 via al Jazeera..I've never seen anything past:

"I stress that I have not carried out this act, which appears to have been carried out by individuals with their own motivation."

so I have no idea if any of the rest of what is quoted was said by him, but the first bit can be found all over the net:

Whoa... hold on a sec Sparky... because al-Jazeera put out what they claimed was a quote from OBL that means it's genuine in your book?

A little jolt of discernment and intellectual honesty would probable raise the perceived credibility of the truth movement.

Just sayin'....

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

and you believe everything that fox and cnn put out? hold on a second son , a dose of reality needs to be dropped on you.

burdman30ott6

the `FBI` had total 100% and guarenteed proof that saddam hussein had WMD`s - well so far 5 years after the invasion and occupation these `wmd`s have magically vanished and the reason they invaded and occupied another country has changed , several times.

who do you believe.....

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
im going to have to agree with the OP and Harlequin here. The confession videos are obvious fakes . . . The best news source for a country, is another countries news.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Considering it was a video, I don't see why I wouldn't believe it...I have never seen anywhere that the video has proven/thought to be fake (unlike some of the newer tapes)...Whether what his says has any validity to it..is another issue totally.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Why would he deny it though? as if he had done it he surely knew he would be found out. Also if he had financed and organised it he would surely claim it to be his as it was so spectacular....His later admissions have to do with the fact that the media had already convinced or been convince that he was involved about 20 minutes after that attack and continued to follow this line....What's the point of continuing to deny it if the whole world is saying it's you, mose well claim it.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy
reply to post by jamie83

Considering it was a video, I don't see why I wouldn't believe it...I have never seen anywhere that the video has proven/thought to be fake (unlike some of the newer tapes)...Whether what his says has any validity to it..is another issue totally.

Is there any record of this video still available? Or is it an urban legend? I'm not saying it is fake, I'm just saying I never saw it and would like to watch it.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So, a CIA trained freedom fighter (against the russians he was a freedom fighter, when it suited the US he became a terrorist - neat trick, huh), acting on behalf of a database masterminded the 911 attacks.

A couple of questions spring to mind.
1) Within hours of the attacks, it was reported that OBL was responsible - how did they know this so quickly?

2) Has there EVER been a terrorist who did not take credit for an act he committed?

These 2 points alone, even without this statement (which I've heard before) ring alarm bells with me.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I believe it was the fake bin Laden who was trained by the CIA as a freedom fighter and later went on to make a staged video denying his involvement in 9/11.

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds to those of you pushing the 9/11 inside job line of horsecrap? Good, then now you may understand just a little bit of how ridiculous I find your arguments suggesting bin Laden is a CIA operative, 9/11 was done by our government, new Coke tastes as good as old Coke, and there are no muslim extremist terrorists out there wanting the death of America.

Budski, yeah there have been. I remember many, many times watching the news and seeing where some plane has gone down or a bomb has gone off and the news reports "no group has yet to claim responsibillity for the attacks." As for your first comment about how quickly the blame was laid on bin Laden, uh... the guy had already attempted to destroy the towers and had clearly stated bringing them to the ground was his life's goal. If someone threatens to shoot your dog and you come home from work and find old Rover with a bullet hole in his head on your porch, who are you going to automatically look at in your search for perpetrators?

Harlequin,
How exactly is it that folks like yourself can so easily believe that the US government has pulled off the greatest cover-up and set-up in history with barely a hitch... and yet be completely incredulous to the concept that those fleets of trucks photographed via satelite crossing the Iraq/Syria border prior to the war weren't loaded with Saddam's WMDs? I am baffled at how anyone can sit there and try to argue that Iraq was in any way cooperating with the UN weapons inspectors or that he didn't have WMDs. The one thing he didn't have was foresight. I truly believe that the man expected maybe a couple of bombs to go off over Iraq and then the US would return stateside like we did before and he could bring his toys back to his country and enjoy another 10 years of playing around with the UN's worthless diplomacy solutions. If the man had possessed an ounce of foresight, he'd have kept his WMDs in Iraq and used them against the US, Iran, and his own people the day we reached Baghdad. Thank God the man was a dullard and a dunce.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The key here is "No group has YET claimed responsibility"

In the end, they always do.

They blamed him for the attack with no evidence except supposition, because it suited the agenda they already had in place - the invasion of Iraq to get saddam, and also afghanistan in order to control the worlds heroin supply.

You see?
Anyone can make baseless accusations - and the CIA has been involved with drugs before, so....

I also can't see the sense in this:

I believe it was the fake bin Laden who was trained by the CIA as a freedom fighter and later went on to make a staged video denying his involvement in 9/11.

This seems contradictory to me - why would a CIA "fake" OBL deny the attack?

Surely he would have claimed the credit if it suited the agenda of his masters....

[edit on 29/5/2008 by budski]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was being facetious with the fake bin Laden comment.

Oh, and you are correct, in the end terrorist groups ALWAYS claim responsibillity for their attacks... and that's exactly what happened after 9/11 when bin Laden and Al Qaida claimed responsibillity. Glad we're on the same page here.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
and yet be completely incredulous to the concept that those fleets of trucks photographed via satelite crossing the Iraq/Syria border prior to the war weren't loaded with Saddam's WMDs?

I believe this is one of the satellite photos which was released.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Can you provide evidence to support this?

I don't remember ever seeing anything by OBL saying he did it.

Yes, I know I'm correct about groups claiming responsibility.

For the record, OBL WAS trained by the CIA, and armed by them as well.

Bit of a coincidence that - the CIA wanting to get the soviets out of the worlds biggest heroin producer, and then the guy they trained to help do it allegedly turns against them and perpetrates one of the biggest terror attacks ever,despite the fact that al qaeda doesn't really exist except as a series of entries about "terror suspects" in a computer.

No, we're not on the same page at all

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join