It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Needs Kid Voted Out Of Class By Fellow Kindergartners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Melissa Barton says Morningside Elementary teacher Wendy Portillo had her son's classmates say what they didn't like about 5-year-old Alex. She says the teacher then had the students vote, and voted Alex, who is being evaluated for Asperger's syndrome -- an autism spectrum disorder -- out of the class by a 14-2 margin.

Article

www.breitbart.tv...
Video
Wow, what a crazy place...

I cant belive that this teacher did this.

That is insane.

Can you imagine something like this, what is this teacher doing, how on earth...

this happen in Florida... hmm...

[edit on 5/28/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So democracy doesn't work then. Just because an idea is popular does not make it right.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Thats why I've always known Democracy is just another sham to try and make everyone feel like they have a say. The majority should never be able to speak for the minority. If theres 10 idiots vs 9 smart people, should it have to go the way of the idiot because theres one more of them? There has to be a better way.

On topic, this teacher should never be allowed to work with children again. What an immature way to deal with a child with a documented disability. I've been kicked out of more than one class for calling teachers on their idiot moves and this would have been one more. They should have handled it behind closed doors and got this kid the help he needs, not forced public humiliation upon him because he has a condition he cannot control. For shame.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

when i saw this thread i was angry, my younger sister has aspergers, and there isn't much wrong with her (cant shut up!!!) but this is wrong, you are not allowed to do that in class

also, i might also have aspergers, not confirmed yet though

[edit on 29-5-2008 by outrider]

join