It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain Salamanca Cathedral built 1102 with astronauts images in the front pilars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
url=http://meperdendoporai.multiply.com/photos/album/10/Catedral_Salmantina_-_Salamanca#58]salamanca catedral astronauts[/url]

The Salamanca Cathedral was built in 1102 , but you can see there astronauts images. Somme important people are saying that was donne in the last remodule of the cathedral(1992).... but there are somme proves that this astronauts aren´t new, the astronaut is there a long time before any remodule know , including it´s easy see the difference between the old and the new stones and the astronaut is in the old part untouched... Sorry my english , isn´t my mother language but I think that´s important to everybody know about it. what do you think about it ??? and why put astronauts in a very old cathedral , or instead they already been there for centurys ??meperdendoporai.multiply.com... try to encounter others images from the salamanca cathedral and compare the colours and others caracteristics between new and old built in the cathedral.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The carvings look like they are in good shape, my guess would be that they well carved when the cathedral was touched up.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rvconde

If you read (translate) the caption, it says *roughly*

During the restoration of the Door of Branches of the New Cathedral of Salamanca carried through in 1992, modern contemporaries were integrated and one appears to be a sculpture of an astronaut

Mystery solved

[edit on 5/29/2008 by pstiffy]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

[edit on 29-5-2008 by rvconde]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I ran the text through babbel fish.

Astronaut I restore during it of the Door of Branches of the New Cathedral of Salamanca carried through in 1992, had been integrated reasons modern contemporaries and, between which one appears sculptured of an astronaut

The text says he did a restoration of the astronaut. I would have liked to have seen what was there originally.

This is a modern carving.

Sorry I did not see you did this first and better! My apologies!

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This has been around for awhile

A thread on the same subject from 2005

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
This has been around for awhile

A thread on the same subject from 2005

Indeed.
Yours truly posted a succinct but relatively exhaustive reply only a week or so ago.

It's from 1992/93, and other "masterpieces" of the era include a demon/monkey eating ice cream.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
And the date of the cathedrals is wrong too. There are two cathedrals in that city one from 1102 and the other from the 16th century. The latter is the one with the astronaut.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
As they said, this one's an old hoax or joke. The astronaut and other items were added when the cathedral was reconstructed.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
ACTUALLY ABOUT THAT TIME IN SPAIN (CRUSADER TIMES) 1095AD: Crusaders, By now, a noted French fighter of Moslem forces in Spain is Raymond of St Gilles, Count of Toulose, Marquis of Provence, who early becomes an enthusiastic recruit to the spirit of Crusading in the Holy Land. By July 1096 another recruit is Hugh of Vermandois. Genoa would be asked for maritime support for any Crusade. The Genoese fleet set sail in July 1097. The fleet sailed down the Rio Tormes with one ship sinking after hitting a rock shelf near Salamanca. To recover the wealth stored on this ship, it was documented that a Spaniard of high standards (possibly the King) had invented an under water suit to dive in the river and retreave his goods possibly gold? silver? It was also possible that the Catholics sunk the ship as they had been driving Moslems out of Europe at the time. The Space Suit is actually a Diving Suit as you can see the air lines, one in, one out on the chest, the back pack and heavy boots represent the weights put on to submerge the diver. This diver was immortalized in stone for retreiving the ships contents. Whether it be a muslims ship or their own, it was never documented. My belief is it was a muslim ship and it was kept secret as the Christians did not want any more wars with them. This all happened within the same time frame of 1095-1102AD.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Hi where can I find this demon/monkey eating icecreame, that sounds like its interesting.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The statue is a crude deep sea diver not an astronaut.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Is it me?
Isn't that a statue of MikeSingh's avatar?
How did he swing that?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Can you please explain to me how an astronaut is placed on this castle in 1102

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Beware:

the OP link carries some type of virus, when I clicked it it triggered new windows to pop up in quick sequence, I had to reset to regain control.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
only got this today by email my wife forward to me, when i saw it i thought wow cant be...

Only one place to find the Truth A.T.S

Used the A.T.S search (salamanca) boom found out all i needed now wife shame face
and sulking in corner with laptop

Thanks ATS

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
the stone that the astronaught is on is cleaner, the carving is clearer and looks much newer that the stone above it. the carving looks new - take a good look you will see what i mean. All stone above it looks old and original - even the leaves look different in the stone above when compared to the leave that the astronaught has surrounding him

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here is a newer video showing the cathedral pre-1992 and the damage that was repaired. People calling this a hoax need to wake up. 100% proof of early visitation. The original is at 1:17. Ask yourself why would they be depicting this in the 12th century, why would a repair job add an astronaut to a cathedral (church). They would not do this, this is original and proof of our past.

Ancient Astronaut Found On Spanish Cathedral? 2013

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by aceace
Here is a newer video showing the cathedral pre-1992 and the damage that was repaired. People calling this a hoax need to wake up. 100% proof of early visitation. The original is at 1:17. Ask yourself why would they be depicting this in the 12th century, why would a repair job add an astronaut to a cathedral (church). They would not do this, this is original and proof of our past.

Ancient Astronaut Found On Spanish Cathedral? 2013

www.youtube.com...

At the end it says "As always, you decide."

So, how can we decide? Should we trust a vid of a still photo in the age of photoshop, coming from a poster that even has the wrong date for the cathedral?

I decide "not."

Harte

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join