It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to “Dust” Permanently Posted Threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Is there any good reason to keep the following “permanently posted threads” on this forum: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Hello Canada
Election watch AU 2007
Welcome one and all to UK politics
About U.S the politics forum

There’s quite a few permanently posted messages on other forums that must also be gathering a bit of dust by now.

So isn’t it urgently time to let everyone else have this space at the top of the forum pages?

May I suggest a way to do it would be to appoint just 1 or 2 people as “Thread Dusters” (of permanently posted threads)

On Another Issue…
Is there any chance ATS could have a: Help or Complain-Suggest, button at the very top right of the front page because that’s what people expect from a site like this (full of buttons). (I’ve just spent ages needlessly reading the FAQ section, in order to post this message). Alex

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yeah some of them seem to be pretty old "Election Watch 2007"?

But some of them are still in use and will be for the up and comming elections in the United Kingdom "Welcome one and all to UK politics".

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

On Another Issue…
Is there any chance ATS could have a: Help or Complain-Suggest, button at the very top right of the front page because that’s what people expect from a site like this (full of buttons).

There is a contact us button at the bottom of every page (which sends a message directly to the 3 amigos). There is also a post alert button (which sends a message to staff) on the bottom of every post. And a thread alert button on every page of a thread (pretty much the same as post alert).

(I’ve just spent ages needlessly reading the FAQ section, in order to post this message)

If you got it posted then it wasnt needless, was it? This is how things are done at ATS. There are threads in this BB&Q forum where you can post any ideas you might have. They will get attention.

CT

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
On Another Issue…
Is there any chance ATS could have a: Help or Complain-Suggest, button at the very top right of the front page because that’s what people expect from a site like this (full of buttons). (I’ve just spent ages needlessly reading the FAQ section, in order to post this message). Alex

If you go into your member center (where you read your u2u's etc.) and look at the list you will see suggestions/complaints as an option to click on.

You can also follow the link here for the same effect

[Mod Note: ATS Complain / Suggestion– Please Use This Link.

As far as the topped threads go, We will be happy to take a look at them. Do remember that many of these forums and topics were moved from multiple catagories on the old PTS board and were found in specific forums like AUstralian politics etc and thats why they may seem so out of place now.

Edit to add: we do not delete threads here and you can go digging and find some old ones. However some can be untopped so they do not stay at the topic of the forum.

[edit on 5/29/08 by FredT]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I spent some time looking at the topped threads in question.

While I agree with you on two of them (which I have untopped) the majority of the other ones are introductions by the Forum Subject Matter Experts on various regional Topics that are now contained within that one forum

From Duzey, our resident expert on Canadian politics to sminkeypinkey who is our UK politics expert.

Hope this clears up what you were asking about. If you still have further questions or suggestions please do not hesatate to u2u me or anyother staff member of file a suggesting that will allow the staff as a whole to review the issue at hand etc.

Cheers
FredT

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Also keep in mind that ATS will archive huge portions of the site occasionally...A lot of those "older"threads will just wind up there eventually & we can still access them in realtime. For example, I can still access a thread I started way back in 2003 & it still shows up when I use the ATS Search.

But if you had any patience, you'd be a doctor, right? Ooops! I used the word "patients" out of context, didn't I?

top topics

join