It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama has an infantile mentality.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Those are things we've seen and heard though over the last 7 years.

Obama has already made an arse of himself in only a few months and there is a long way to go.

Obama will first mess up, and then mess up even more trying to do damage control. It ultimately ends in very shallow factless arguments.

It's no wonder Obamatrons end their arguments in much the same manner.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Really? Him smoking makes him a bad man? Some of the wisest people I know smoke, or drink, or gamble, or have some kind of vice. You know, let it go. Smoking doesn't let off a "cool vibe" anymore like it used to, and it's getting banned everywhere. If he wants to quit, he'll quit, bottom line. We are a free country, yet rights are being taken away. He wouldn't be the first person that's smoked a cig, or drank a beer, or smoked some weed, or whatever. Open your minds and look further than the tip of your noses, and quit being ridiculous...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Obama has already made an arse of himself in only a few months and there is a long way to go.

Hmm. So Bush wasn't saying dumb things before he was elected? He just got dumber as soon as he walked across the threshold of the Whitehouse did he?

Simply put, no - he didn't. You are just being selective with your non-argument.

But hell.... from when the man himself was on the campaign trail in 2000....from Balls Reports - Bushism's of 2000

"I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them."

"That's a chapter, the last chapter of the 20th, 20th, the 21st century that most of us would rather forget. The last chapter of the 20th century. This is the first chapter of the 21st century. "

"The only things that I can tell you is that every case I have reviewed I have been comfortable with the innocence or guilt of the person that I've looked at. I do not believe we've put a guilty ... I mean innocent person to death in the state of Texas."

"The senator has got to understand if he's going to have — he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road."

See, stupid is as stupid gets elected. Republicans say really really dumb things too.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Since we are sharing photos - meet the potential First Lady

Originally posted by jamie83
Obama is more like Bush than anybody running.

You are so right. The constant self-reverent, self-referent, narcissistic, messianic comments coming from Barry should frighten everyone. Bush43 said that God told him to invade Iraq. That’s bad enough. But it seems that Barry thinks he’s God Himself. His well-rehearsed pretty speeches focus on biblical and messianic quotes shining the ‘savior role’ light on himself.

One of many sites keeping track of Obama’s self-messiah statements.

My favorite self promoting ‘I am the messiah’ type comment of Obama’s – ‘my hour is almost here’. (geeeeeze .. straight from scripture and straight from Christ – and he knows it)

Originally posted by lee anoma
Obama admits to using drugs in the past. Most people have tried them.

He said he STRUGGLED with it. STRUGGLED. That's addiction.

Originally posted by neformore
The top 50 Bushisms and Dumb Bush Quotes from his first term
And you guys are knocking Obama? Really? Come on......

Youbetchya. Obama is in the same league as Bush.

Obamaisms – oh .. and this is a DEMOCRATIC site.

[edit on 5/29/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

That's wonderful, but Bush isn't a candidate running for election in 2008, is he?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Hmm. So Bush wasn't saying dumb things before he was elected? He just got dumber as soon as he walked across the threshold of the Whitehouse did he?

Ok what's your point? Yes we know Bush is stupid, and that is our point, Obama is stupid like Bush. Do you want another Bush with darker skin in the white house?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentStovkowski
That's wonderful, but Bush isn't a candidate running for election in 2008, is he?

How astute of you to notice that!

The point is/was that Republicans knocking Obama for saying dumb things is hypocritical.

Its not a hard point to grasp

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

How astute of you to notice that!

The point is/was that Republicans knocking Obama for saying dumb things is hypocritical.

How is it hypocritical? I knock Bush too, and I'm sure just about every poster on ATS does as well. And I'm a republican. Bush is a liberal. He might be a republican but he's not a conservative.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Is that black thing a ...

Glasses case.
(yes, this is one line ... but that's the answer to the question)

Republicans knocking Obama for saying dumb things is hypocritical.

Not if those republicans also say that Bush says stupid things as well.

[edit on 5/29/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Not if those republicans also say that Bush says stupid things as well.

Fair enough - but people saying Obama shouldn't be president because he says dumb things really have no base to work off, do they?

And do those Republicans who say such things, also say that Bush isn't fit to be President?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hey, you want to talk about the issues?

Obama's big plan, big legislative push is to obligate the U.S. to huge charity funding in Africa. Most of that money will get grabbed up by ruthless dictators and spent on weapons. History has clearly show that sending money to third world nations only serves to create more problems.

We will wind up funding the Muslim take over of Africa.

How much further into debt do you think Obama will push us with his big government plans? How much more debt are we going to heep onto our children and grandchildren?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

but people saying Obama shouldn't be president because he says dumb things really have no base to work off, do they?

If his Obamaisms are taken by themselves .. no. It's not enough to say he is unfit for POTUS duty. The Obamaisms are like the Bushisms ... icing on the unfit-for-duty cake.

And do those Republicans who say such things, also say that Bush isn't fit to be President?

See the above statement.

Originally posted by poet1b
big legislative push is to obligate the U.S. to huge charity funding in Africa.

You mean the additional tax to 'fight global poverty'? It's nothing more than a marxist 'redistribution of wealth' program that is unfair to the working and tax paying American.

He's going to break America's back by piling on additional taxes.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Obama has "infantile mentality"?

G.W.Bush in one speech explains what left hand is doing BUT holding RIGHT hand in the air???

i will never forget that idiot's face. my 5 year old kid can't make that kind of mistake

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Obama thinks there are 57 states.
He saw dead people at a memorial day speech.
He has economic plan of disaster, tax everything.
He will distroy the military.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Quite frankly I'm still waiting to see any quote that shows him to have an infantile mentality. Or his wife for that matter. Please post what your title states it will post.

This does not mean I necessarily support Barrack 'Hussein' (ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh, just love it when people like to point that name out) Obama. I just remember hundreds more ACTUAL infantile statements made by the current and proven liar of a president.

If this guy is elected fairly then it will stand to be seen whether or not he will back down on his promises or not. If he does then he will be proven a liar as well.

As far as I am concerned I am most likely going to vote for a 3rd party this time.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
If this guy is elected fairly then it will stand to be seen whether or not he will back down on his promises or not. If he does then he will be proven a liar as well.

Fairness, like beauty, is in they eye of the beholder. Clinton got over 200,000 more votes than Obama in Texas, but Obama came away with more delegates in Texas. I don't know if that's "fair" or not. I do know it's REALLY REALLY stupid if the goal is to have representative government.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dinamo
Obama has "infantile mentality"?

G.W.Bush in one speech explains what left hand is doing BUT holding RIGHT hand in the air???

i will never forget that idiot's face. my 5 year old kid can't make that kind of mistake

I took a logic class in college once and there was a technical term for this type of illogical argument. I forget what it was called. Anybody know?

It goes something like this:

1. Person A: "That box on the table contains an apple."
2. Person B: "But the box on the bed contains a bigger apple!"

It's like, WTF does statement 2 have anything to do with statement 1?

Is it possible for Obama supporters to craft a logical argument which defends Obama's foolishness without referring to somebody else's foolishness?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Fair enough - but people saying Obama shouldn't be president because he says dumb things really have no base to work off, do they?

No, no, no, no, no......

Of course a person who says Obama shouldn't be POTUS because he says dumb things has a base to work off! The POTUS ideally shouldn't make idiotic misstatements like the U.S. has 57 states. Or that U.S. troops liberated Auschwitz. Even a cursory study of the history of WWII gives a person enough knowledge to realize that Russia troops liberated the Polish concentration camp.

This is the POTUS we're talking about, not a contestant on Jeopardy.

So yes, the base to work from is a criterion that the POTUS needs to have a fundamental understanding of geography and world history for starters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join