It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video that purportedly shows a living, breathing space alien to be shown Friday in Denver...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
24 stars, nearly 4 pages of posts......all this before the video has been released. How does the opening post warrant a star, when the meat of its content.....is not there?

Well in all fairness, whether this turns out to be a hoax or not--It has generated HUGE attention all over the place and has everyone (myself included) waiting on pins and needles to see whether it's the real deal or another let down. The fact is, AllseeingI broke this before most of the big sites were even aware of it, so I think he does deserve the kudos for making us all aware of it before it caught on everywhere else.

Now whether it will deliver or let us down remains to be seen. But it's still a HIGHLY interesting story, one way or the other.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I hope it isn't this:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The mods are gonna have a hell of a day deleting all the new threads about this. I've been on ATS for an hour now, and I see a new thread pop up on this every 5 minutes.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
One would think that anyone attempting to get ET-related public funding and planning a media release would be conversant as to the current state of ufology. That said, they would HAVE to know the risk they take to make such a claim given the number of organized experts (like ours on ATS) that can dissect a picture or video within an inch of its life. If they have some sort of profit motive these experts can quickly and dramatically stab it the heart. No question, there are idiots out there. And charlatans and the self-delluded. But one would think these people would have made some effort to vet their material ahead of time.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
The mods are gonna have a hell of a day deleting all the new threads about this. I've been on ATS for an hour now, and I see a new thread pop up on this every 5 minutes.

Yep, I sure am glad that is not my job....whew...I was notorious for posting stories that had already been posted....

Then when you get drilled with "USE THE SEARCH!!!" It is now instinct to go straight to search before starting threads.

-kdial1

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Please don't tell me it's going to be that clip from gridkeeper from the F.A.S.T. videos where it show that one EBE real quick but over and over again.

If anyone can find it and post it here before I do, please feel free.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Perhaps Stan is just working on his site, but www.stanromanek.com is now 403 Forbidden.

Perhaps the bandwidth has gone through the roof there.

It would be a welcome thing if Anonymous Jeff, or Heidi, or Stan himself would visit us here and clarify some of this discussion.

I'd certainly welcome it. If one of you are visiting, how about it?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I usually just lurk on this board but I live in Denver and I heard them talking about this on the radio this morning. They had an interview with Jeff Peckman so I thought I would post the link. I didn't actually get to listen to the interview since I had to get out of the car and into work but I saw they posted it on their website. Here is the link if anyone is interested. Thanks!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Personally - I think it's a hoax.

I think the PTB got wind of it and mobilized the MSM to distract the public from what's REALLY going on (gas, war, corruption etc etc)

OR

This would be a great opportunity for the Gov to use this non-event to further discredit the UFO community. Could it be that something recently published, released or investigated got just a little too close to the truth? One certain way to get people to think twice before jumping on any bandwagons is to remove a wheel from said bandwagon. You can do that by hyping up a faked/non-event which then totally blows any expectations people had of it and their believing in it. They'll then think twice (ie. take it with a grain of salt) before lending credence to things of that nature again.

Just a suggestion :-)

[edit on 29-5-2008 by TXRabbit]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So much pessimism from our ATS experts
You lot really are getting cynical with old age and experience. I think I'll wait until I've seen the footage before I pass judgement. It's the correct thing to do. If we start dismissing evidence before we've even seen the data, then we're never going to get anywhere are we? We might as well pack up and go home. Everybody deserves a chance in life. This fellow is make big claims.

If this fellow is a nut-job, it will still be good for a laugh. One thing I've learned about Ufology, you need a sense of humour. Waiting with interest.

Peace N Love.

]

[edit on 29uThursday08/27/08 by paul76]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well this should be interesting. Im looking forward to seeing the video for myself. But someone had mentioned FOX news..............there goes all credibility.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

You forget, he's Dyslexic. The REAL date is 3-12-12!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have an email confirmation from Stan that says:

The footage you are talking about is going to be shown at the press conference this Friday, but only privately. It will not be released to the public just yet, not until the scientists have had a chance to do there thing. You might be able to see a glimpse of that and other evidence that has been compiled, regarding Stan’s case, at Stan’s next talk in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Go here for more information:
www.stanromanek.com...)%20Upcoming%20Events%20Page_website

It appears our excitement is well intentioned but a bit premature.

I have invited he or Jeff to join us at ATS to help put this in perspective. I hope that you all agree with me and will extend Stan or Jeff their due respect if they do enter this discussion.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If indeed the footage is being analysed by scientists and Film experts, then I don't mind waiting as it can only be beneficial to the video if it's released backed up with strong supportive analysis.

Maybe this chap is genuine, maybe in his own mind what he's saw is an Alien. It is possible though that somebody/ Government are tricking him. According to the man himself he' s had to move about seven times, he's been threatened, beat up, ridiculed. Maybe he does have something to hide.

Maybe he is just nut looking for his pay day. We'll find out soon enough.

[edit on 29uThursday08/27/08 by paul76]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Great free publicity for the up and coming documentary. Reminds me of the guy who was writing an autobiography of Howard Hughes.

I've seen a lot of alien footage. Star Trek, Star Wars, Alien vs. Predator.
The only way you could convince me an alien was on earth is if it rammed a probe up my yazoo and showed me its drivers license from Planet X (oops, I mean Real ID).

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

If the Aliens were out their then why would we have to find out from some wierdo in Colorado? Why don't they just land on the White House lawn, or any lawn for that matter? If they've figured out how to travel millions of light years, then they surely wouldn't have to hide from us and peek into someone's window at night for fear we might "catch" them.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I usually just lurk on this board but I live in Denver and I heard them talking about this on the radio this morning. They had an interview with Jeff Peckman so I thought I would post the link. I didn't actually get to listen to the interview since I had to get out of the car and into work but I saw they posted it on their website. Here is the link if anyone is interested. Thanks!

Haha...thanks that was great!!! I like the song!!

-Kdial1

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Cant believe news like this still get this much attention, especially here on ATS where ppl are used to see hoaxes everytime something like this pops up.

If im wrong, Ill be happy, but I cant see how this one differs from all other "alien" videos. I have a feeling everyone will be disappointed... again. And next time it will be exactly the same story...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's too bad that he already lost credibility by claiming to have videotaped "through a window" with an infrared camera. When I was going to college I had a friend who worked for Raytheon and we played with one of the IR cameras he brought home. Guess what? Transparent glass is OPAQUE in infrared because the whole surface is the same temperature. Before creating their hoax video, they probably should have at least played with an IR camera so that they wouldn't have made such an obvious mistake.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join