It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video that purportedly shows a living, breathing space alien to be shown Friday in Denver...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I am calling HOAX...this guy is not credible at all...he makes the UFO Researchers and the community look bad. ex: " Alien Autopsy"

-Kdial1

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Doesn't even sound good in 'theory'...

-What is his motive for showing the video in this manner?

- Has he given ANY background information regarding the situation in which he filmed the supposed alien?

- Can all video be proven real or fake? This guy is considered a genius, so it would not be any stretch of the imagination to believe this guy has the means and the resources to create a believable CGI video with no foot prints to follow?

From the information available so far... I will stand in the front row and yell FAKE even before I see the video.

Without having the original footage to run through the 'testing mill', who can say otherwise. And even with the original footage/camera/etc, can you still prove it beyond any doubt.

PROVE ME WRONG

I too think it will only hurt the UCOM rather than help it.

If the Alien has him read from a piece of paper and he gets all the words correct... then maybe all bets will be off.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
The video shows the aliens head popping up in a window, according to the link, and the aliens blinks.

That's it? Oh man, I was thinking it was something bigger than the alien interview but this doesn't sound big at all. Either way, this guy must trust his government more than I do to have announced it this early. I'd be worried they'd shoot me and replace the video with a clip from alf or something.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Its happening! From the vatican to the alien Tv shows i been seeing for the past 2 months and now this. Ta-Da!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Intervention.. some turn to their faiths.. others look for out of this world intervention, be it real or fake.. the chance to "whisper" hope to a dying nation/soul allows one to become a beacon to others regardless of ridicule so as to line ones pockets.

Or...

Spin it so it's so outlandish that the public will find cause to discredit it even when real...

Unless it can change how the world thinks as a "whole" it's redundant. Might as well go watch a good movie you enjoy and call it entertainment.

We each breath and are conscious.. that should be inspirational enought... the rest is just a story we each live. Some stories are not as enlightening so some will grasp at others "stories" to feel there is more to their story.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm from Denver also and to be honest this just smells bad in all kinds of way.

The guy is getting attention for sure and the local news and government are paying attention to him, if he comes out as a joke its just going to harm all the seriour research that its currently ongoing.

My personal opinion is that is not going to live up to the hype, his approach has been all wrong, if you have a video of alien visitation why would you sit on it? That would be the first thing that I present to the local government when he went to present his comission proposal? Its just smells wrong.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sigh...

I wonder if they even need a dis-information propaganda group regarding UFO's - when so many lunatics like this are willing to thoroughly discredit the UFOlogy field.

On a seperate note - what happened to all the "professional" ufo investigation shows on the History Channel and TLC?

Are they on Hiatus or were the simply "disapeared"...

There actually was some healthy skepticism in some of those episodes - and it actually made Mufon look respectable.

But - we can't have that - can we!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
With all the bad going on in the world at the moment it's refreshing to read about things like this.
fake or no fake it's definatly got everybody talking which is great although like most have said it could be very damaging to the E.T community.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
24 stars, nearly 4 pages of posts......all this before the video has been released. How does the opening post warrant a star, when the meat of its content.....is not there?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well I have read a lot of posts so far about the video but does no one think the whole concept is a little surreal.

"Jeff Peckman, who is pushing a ballot initiative to create an Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission in Denver to prepare the city for close encounters of the alien kind."

How come the very idea of a extraterrestrial affairs commision is is even considered let alone having a ballot on the subject.

Ok let us assume that there is definative proof of aliens visiting Earth, in this case Denver, and it was an accepted fact in the main stream, how do we get on to the next assumption that this situation needs a city representative to deal with any "affairs".

Does this not also assume that said aliens have a wish to have a city commision to liase through or is it more along the lines of a health and sanitation department who can deal with vermin related problems and hazardous waste.

Personally I think there seems to have been a quantum leap in reality just by allowing the guy to get this far.

I know if I went to my city council with this idea I would probably be seeing both sides of the door pretty quickly.

That aside I would consider being the main man in a commision with
$75000 to pay my way with if I was offered the position.

Ah,..nearly forgot the video, if it was going to be earth shaking material than why not show it to the world, presumably because it is'nt.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Some things I did not post last night. We should be aware of them though.

This is not the first time Jeff Peckman has presented a proposal to Denver.

Voters rejected a measure that would have required the city to implement programs for reducing stress.

Jeff sponsored an anti stress initiative that he claimed would save the city of Denver $80 million a year.

CHARLIE BROWN, DENVER CITY COUNCIL: Well, hey, living in the west you know, we've heard the pitch that snake oil salesmen make and I think that's what you just heard.

You made promises that this would save the city and county of Denver $80 million a year. And believe me, if that were true, the mayor and every one of my city council colleagues would have jumped on this very rapidly. I can assure you.

But we can see through the hype, and through the false promises.

This will work against his current proposal although it will give a little publicity to Denver, Jeff, and Stan.

Source

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
24 stars, nearly 4 pages of posts......all this before the video has been released. How does the opening post warrant a star, when the meat of its content.....is not there?

I think that's for bringing the topic to the attention of this site.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

I agree....

A sigh is all I can come up with.....

If this were real, why the wait?

If this were real, there would not be a news station that wouldn't be all over this story....

Shame really......

Dont get your hopes up people, its probably just another "viral" campaign!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It would be interesting to know some background ino on this video footage:

Where was it taken and when (date; time)?

Who was present when the footage was taken or was it taken on remote?

What sort of camera equipment was used to take the video?

Is this "evidence" collected accidentally or was there prior contact to allow it to happen?

Any other related psychic events leading up to, during and after the footage was taken? For example telepathic communication.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Circle]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Pretty sure the attention is not worthy of stars and flags seeing as this was on Drudge report (not that any conspiracy fools will admit to checking that a thousand times a day) Anyone could have posted this dribble, but most probably thought against it seeing as when you reads the story it is OBVIOUS bunk.

This thing will turn out to be BUNK. There is no need to even view the video. If I have to explain why, then you might as well consider yourself a part of the current problem Ufology has with credibility. This guys is a joke, his video is a joke, thew manner in which he is presenting it is a joke...etc.

I mean, come on. This guys knows how the Ufology community works, yet he still pursues the "unveiling" of his "video" in the manner that he has done? Does it really take a rocket scientist to paint this guy, and anyone who bothers to give him the benefit of a doubt, an ignorant moron?!?!?

Now, as a futile mental exercise for anyone who can pretend they are in his shoes....lets pretend you know how th Ufology community works (and this guy does), and how information to the public is viewed when it involves claims of a fantastic nature. Knowing all of that, would you take the path that he has chosen?!? I didn't think so. Unless you had ulterior motive (profit, fame and a mental disorder)

THIS VIDEO IS BUNK. PERIOD. Any real discussion otherwise is only going to paint us all to be morons, and perpetuate the stereotype that is current Ufology. Ig this thing is in the media (and it will be, but ONLY briefly) anyone looking for further information (including media professionals) and stumble upon this site, should be rewarded with a site that is ruled by common sense, reason and logic. They will see the folks that follow this subject closely dismissing this outright, and therefore might take a closer look at the subject if they get the feeling that most of us are not ignorant and gullible fools.

Again, sorry to be so harsh, but if you can't understand my point you are a small part of the reason Ufology will not be taken seriously enough to be properly investigated.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
we cant assume anything yet until we see the video tomorrow i will be waiting patiently

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i heard a description of the video. I think it's going to be infared, hard to make out, and basically prove nothing.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Doesn't even sound good in 'theory'...

-What is his motive for showing the video in this manner?

The motive appears to be to further his effort to get an extraterrestrial council started in Denver.

- Has he given ANY background information regarding the situation in which he filmed the supposed alien?

If you check the other thread linked to this one and read what Anonymous poster Jeff says apparently Stan was concerned that someone was looking in on his twin daughters while they were sleeping. He relates that scientist told Stan to place a camera in the room and leave. This is the explanation given for the why and how the footage was captured.

PROVE ME WRONG

Why?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This story is now getting mentioned on some british news websites. They mention that a film dude has given it the thumbs up so...

Hmm, this may be either a big revelation to the mainstream or something could back-fire in our faces if it turns out to fake-looking.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimm703
we cant assume anything yet until we see the video tomorrow i will be waiting patiently

Sorry this is not going to happen, your going to be waiting a few month's...did you read the article?

...Peckman said the general public will have to wait to see it because it's being included in a documentary by Stan Romanek.

"No one will be allowed to film the segment with the extraterrestrial because there is an agreement in place limiting that kind of exposure during negotiations for the documentary," he said.

But people won't have to wait too long to see it for themselves.

"There is an open, public meeting in about a month in Colorado Springs," Peckman said. "We'll hope to do one in Denver at some point, and then in a few months, there will be the documentary that anybody can have, and it'll have the footage."

The only thing he mentions is "other related credible evidence" which I am sure is stuff we have already seen.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by kdial1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join