It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush 2112 video concepts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
ok, sounds like the two of you have some ideas.

Hmmm, I believe that the hero learns how to play it very quickly. I mean he finds it and then plays flawless notes shortly thereafter. Could the guitar contain the spirits of the players before our hero finds it. Perhaps this isn't the first time that this situation has occurred? Remember the priest said " yes we know. It's nothing new." Perhaps our Hero is channeling the skills of those before?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I like it, and it goes along the spirit of the bard. The oracle is sort of a muse or something.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Me too, Deson. So maybe he's a chosen one, unknowingly a missing link. He's is forced to flee the federation not because of what he found but because of what he is capable of. The elders (good guys) knew this, he remained w/ the federation because they knew that he would one day find the guitar. He is the last and when his lifeblood comes in contact with the guitar the spirits of those before him are unleashed, it's sort of a completion.

Rush

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Cool. I could also see it if he didn't know that he was a link in a series. Then he discovers it when he plays the guitar. I've seen similar situations in certain fantasy series along the line of "Whadya mean I'm the long lost Prince?" type of scenario.

On another note concerning Oracle:
With the possibilty of Psionics in the Elder. Depending on how long they've had it they would probably want to keep track of what went on in Federation space. I could see Oracle (perhaps the most powerful) being a part of a group of Psionics. The group of them might go by the name of "Seers". This would tie in with something that I've thought about. OK, I've always thought of "Syrinx" as sounding a bit like something you'd find in Ancient Greece. Therefore "Seers" might be appropraite.

What do you think?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
oh I found Syrinx at Wikipedia. This sheds some light my friends.

Here is the link.

In classical mythology, Syrinx (Greek Συριγξ) was a nymph and a follower of Artemis, known for her chastity. Pursued by the amorous Greek god Pan, she ran to the river's edge and asked for assistance from the river nymphs. In answer, she was transformed into hollow water reeds that made a haunting sound when the god's frustrated breath blew across them. Pan cut the reeds to fashion the first set of pan pipes, which were thence forth known as syrinx.

Claude Debussy wrote "Syrinx (La Flute De Pan)" based on Pan's sadness over losing his love.

The Canadian rock band Rush wrote "The Temples of Syrinx", part of their twenty-minute epic track, 2112. The lyrics of this movement depict a dystopian society where the Priests of the Temples oppose music and advocate the destruction of musical instruments. Rush also makes references to computers inside "The Temples of Syrinx" in their song "2112".

Although the premise may seem ironic, Neil Peart, who titled the track and wrote the lyrics, understood the history of the dystopian society. Upon listening to the lyrics it becomes obvious that it is the anthem of one man's legacy to fight the priests at all costs and bring music to the people.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
A very good find. In all honesty I hadn't even thought too much about it. I simply went according to a general "feel" about the name. I find it ironic that a temple that owes it's name to a individual who was involved with music to be so anti-music.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Deson]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I am at a freeze right now. Something may come to me later.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hmmm, ok, I can understand. Been at a little mental roadblock myself due to some personal things that have occurred. Something to contemplate, you had mentioned earlier about a priestess. Ok, how to fit that in and in what form. It had been mentioned about her seeing the guitar being smahed. Or a little before so that she can get aquainted with the "toy"?

If there is anyone else who'd like to contribute please do so.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
ok, some further thoughts concerning the prelude. The part that comes before the temple of Syrinx:

Establish that this isn't Earth by showing the twin moons in orbit around "Homeworld". Hmmm, I'm thinking of the tech to start with (what get's destroyed in the war). It is mentioned concerning Domed citys on the outer worlds. So we're talking about a technology that is in advance of our own. Ok so what could trigger the war? Resource shortage of some kind? Ideology? Perhaps a desire for the outer worlds to have independence from the homeworld? The later has got me thinking. Orbital bombardment from space causing the fall of the Elders. So a war between the colonies and the homeworld breaks out. Normally in a situation like that the homeworld would probably win due to rescources availiablity. But I can see a last gasp from the colonies using asteroids flung at the homeworld. A colony ship leaves the homeworld shortly before the bombardment. Civ on the homeworld collapses and the colonies are technically free. But the colonies are barely self sufficent at this point and can't press forwards (Taking over the homeworld). At this point the Temples of Syrinx arisefrom the ashes. They then proceed to take over the colonies who are still reeling at that point.

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

i i would like to know if the way heer hands are possitioned have any spesific significance?
your work is really good

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

It is funny how you talk of oracles. I think i might be one. I can predict and these things happen i can do more than that. i can sense and at times almost read peoples minds i have a connection with nature and the moon cycle. All my life one word has caught my attention but i knew not what to do with it it was oracle i knew i was different so i called myself an oracle. But what surprises me is that picture. her pendant i have a similiar one that i can literally not get rid off. it is my energy source for what i do not know. I came across the picture and knew what it was about. I am an oracle.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Funny you should mention Egyptian style and computers.

I remember reading an article somewhere where it was suggested that the layout of some Egyptian temples and ruins resembled very much the layout of a modern day computer printed circuit board.
Each section was dependent on others and each served its purpose.
CPU, RAM, clock, bus lines,...

They took it further by suggesting the entire temple site may had been a giant computer back in the day.

"...our great computers, filled the hallowed halls...."

I remember this song.
Too technical for me at first when I first heard it but kept coming back to it until one day the music and the lyrics started making sense.

Everything else afterwards was so elementary and bubble gummy compared to what Rush was putting out.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Deson

The world has fallen into darkness after our own time.

They actually expected us to read this?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join