It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush 2112 video concepts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've decided to create this thread so that EOD's thread doesn't get derailed any further, I'm gonna copy/past a little from my own post here.

"Concerning 2112 as a video,
Originally I started with the idea back when I had a commodore Amiga and planned to create certain scenes using it and it's (advanced for the time) animation capabilitys.

Here is one thing that I envisioned in my head but didn't have the time or skill to make it a reality:

The Song: Temple of Syrinx
I envisioned a stone temple bulding. Trapezoidal in shape with doors to match. The camera zooms in to focus on a wall. There Painted on the wall are pictures of Computers and other equipment in a style somewhat reminiscent of Egyptian style painting. Surrounding the Computers are images of Wireing diagrams that stylisticly reminds one of Medievil manuscripts. The walls are light by flickering torches. Shadows of the priests can be seen moving from right to left. The world has fallen into darkness after our own time. "

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ok, so when does the preistess come in? I mean, with a name like 'Rush', how can you deny me?

(dramatic) Rush

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The Song: Oracle The Dream

I envision our hero climbing up a spiral stair (perhaps a double helix with a platform on top?). There he takes Oracles hand. I never really visualized what Oracle looked like. There our hero is transported to another system. He views the rise of a new civilization. Powerful engineering works are seen, space stations, beanstalks, powerful engines..... and especially a fleet of ships. Carriers holding fighters, battleships, landing craft, power armor, and a very busy people building this and preparing to take back what was theirs.

The Song: grand finale

It opens with a scene of the Earth as viewed from orbit. The camera slowly pans to the right towards the inkly blackness of space. Nebula can be seen glowing in space. Then at the downbeat a rift opens up in space. A glowing blue funnel of energy expands as a ship comes out of it. It's a big ship. One of the Battleships seen earlier. A second or so later Multiple rifts open likewise as a variety of ships "warp in". They achieve orbit and small dots can be seen leaving some of the ships heading to the surface. Zoom into several of the dots reveal them to be Power armor making reentry. A highly compressed version of the resulting battle happens. A series of still images showing Power armor breaking their way into the temple walls. Priest hand to hand or with old weapons fighting. Finally a picture of the top of a temple being blasted off and a new flag arising. The scene then changes to a animation of a shadowy figure talking into a microphone "Attention all planets of the solar federation...attention all planets of the solar federation... we have asumed control...we have asummed control."

These are the images that flash through my mind as I listen to 2112. What are your thoughts could a video of such an album side be made? Sorta a mini movie? Or could a full length feature be made?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Ok, so when does the preistess come in? I mean, with a name like 'Rush', how can you deny me?

(dramatic) Rush

Not to deny you at all, I figure that we'll need something during the scene where he is confronted by the priests when he shows them the guitar.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
In continuation:

Song: Prelude (I think that's right)

With the shifting of the music I sorta envision the following. A view of the Earth from space. A comet goes by. The rise of mankind from Primitive beginnings. The rise of technology and cities. At one point you see flash images of towns turning into citys turning into megalopoli (Mega citys). Space stations are built. Lunar colonies and martian colonies are built. Armies prepare themselves for a battle. The battle spirals more and more out of control. A spacecraft is seen leaving the Earth before the end. This is the Elder race leaving. Ending in the sound of a Nuke going off.

Like I mentioned, I develop mental videos as I listen to the album. hehe.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Absolutely artistic, Deson. I cannot get a good vision of what 'the oracle' would look like so I pulled this up...

An oracle is a person or agency considered to be a source of wise counsel or prophetic opinion; an infallible authority, usually spiritual in nature. It may also be a revealed prediction or precognition of the future, from deities, that is spoken through another object (e.g.: runemal) or life-form (e.g.: augury and auspice). In the ancient world many sites gained a reputation for the dispensing of oracular wisdom: they too became known as "oracles", and the oracular utterances, called khrēsmoi in Greek, were often referred to under the same name — a name derived from the Latin verb ōrāre, to speak.

source

Rush

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Perhaps the oracle can be beautiful made of smoke and light. At times opaque and other time almost physical.

Here is an amazing image of an oracle.

The oracle of Delphi is heavily linked with snakes.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hmmm, I just had a thought. Hsur2112, you mentioned a priestess. perhaps Oracle would be the Elder race's equivelent. Female, smokey with light like EOD's concept. Perhaps the Elder Race had developed Psionics? Thus the linkage to our hero's dream. A form of telpathy?

Edited to add:
EOD. I hope you didn't mind my creating this thread so as not to further disrupt your own thread. By the way welcome, here we can plot and think.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Deson]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Or maybe she's a way to the oracle, the missing link, she connects them.

For those who don't know the concept behind 2112:

"I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon. City and sky become one, merging into a single plane, a vast sea of unbroken grey. The Twin Moons, just two pale orbs as they trace their way across the steely sky. I used to think I had a pretty good life here, just plugging into my machine for the day, then watching Templevision or reading a Temple Paper in the evening.

"My friend Jon always said it was nicer here than under the atmospheric domes of the Outer Planets. We have had peace since 2062, when the surviving planets were banded together under the Red Star of the Solar Federation. The less fortunate gave us a few new moons.
I believed what I was told. I thought it was a good life, I thought I was happy. Then I found something that changed it all."

"The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by the benevolent wisdom of the priests."

"Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful"

"I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds, and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait to tell the priests about it!"

"In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed throughout the silent Temple Hall."

"Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet."

"I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase."

"I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of all these things."

"I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last."

Rush

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thanks Hsur2112!

From what I figure that this may not be Earth after all. The twin moons tells us that. This gives us a little more wiggle room so to speak. If 2112 is the local year of the Return of the Elder race the initial war could have happenned a few centuries earlier. So then war developed. A colony ship leaves the system. Both sides were pretty much wiped out except for the life bearing planet and several colonies. I cold see the rise of a Theocracy on the homeworld and subsequent "reunification" of the system under the flag of the Solar Federation.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Perhaps the war could be shown, little snippets that show the techniques of the Elder race to dampen the spirit of the people. Showing music being outlawed, horrible destruction, and so forth.

it could remained in the SD thread, however I am flexible and understanding that this thread is more suitable to brain storming and creation. in other words less distractions, and a place designed for co-creation.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If the preistess is good then snowdog should be her companion.

Rush

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
Perhaps the war could be shown, little snippets that show the techniques of the Elder race to dampen the spirit of the people. Showing music being outlawed, horrible destruction, and so forth.

it could remained in the SD thread, however I am flexible and understanding that this thread is more suitable to brain storming and creation. in other words less distractions, and a place designed for co-creation.

If I understand the Lyrics correctly The Elder race were the people that left the system. The priests then came to power. So I kinda think of it as a battle perhaps between the Priesthood (Syrinx) and the Elder race (the engineers who return at the end). Or am I mistaken.

Rush 2112 Lyrics

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
"Another toy will help destroy
The elder race of man
Forget about your silly whim
It doesnt fit the plan"

"I was overwhelmed by both wonder and
Understanding as I saw a completely different way to life,
A way that had been crushed by the federation long ago. i
Saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss
Of all these things ..."

"They left the planets long ago
The elder race still learn and grow
Their power grows with purpose strong
To claim the home where they belong
Home, to tear the temples down...
Home, to change.."

"I can no longer live
Under the control of the federation, but there is no other
Place to go."

Oh yeah, how obvious. It's the Solar Federation that are the villains. I believe they are all a part of the elder race.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
OK, I've been thinking .....
(Crowd: "OH GOOD!!!)
.....anyway....
It looks like this project could go into two directions. One a video or roughly 1/2 hour following the album closely and Two, a movie based on it. So there's a couple of ways we can take this.

I'm gonna put either (video) or (Movie) in front of my thoughts so that you know where I'm going.

EOD, I agree that Elder race could apply to either one. I'm gonna use Feds for the Solar Federation of planets (villains) and Elder for the good guys thus avoiding a lot of confusion (I hope)

Hsur2112, much as I try to imagine it I can't really place Snowdog into the video. He's a Fantasy Genre and 2112 is Science Fiction. In a movie setting I can sorta see him guesting in it as a unnamed body guard for the Priestess. Basicly matching the description of Snowdog without nameing the name.

The rough timeline: (Movie)
Growth of civilisation.
Fleeing of colony vessel with prototype FTL drive just before the war's "big bang"
Rise of the Feds as they take over control of the system subdueing any colonies left over it encounters.
Consolidation of the Fed's powers and control.
Rise of the Elder Race in another system as they plan to return.
Our hero makes his discovery.
Our hero is rebuffed by the Temple Priests.
Events in the Movie roughly follow the song.
Elder race return.

Rough timeline (Video)
Events follow the song extrememly closely.

Question: do we have the elder race return in time to save the life of our Hero? I sorta envision him slitting his wrists at the time of the attack. A lone landing pod arrives and as our Hero is ready to pass on a hand is seen slapping a medical patch on the slit wrist. Camera pans up and we are looking into the smiling face of Oracle.

Comments?

Edited to add:
EOD, I'm glad that you have no problems with a seperate thread for this.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Deson]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Maybe, instead of the Hero being saved another instrument is created out of his blood or body. Leaving another guitar or whatever for another seeker of truth to discover sometime in the future.

Which I find interesting to think that maybe the guitar he found was the creation of someone else who died fleeing from the control of the federation. This could create an interesting scene where his instrument/guitar is created. Showing the creation of those before, perhaps even future and past creations of instruments.

Edited to added, this is bigger than me. I mustn't allow myself to get in the way of progress.

[edit on 5/29/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I like how your thinking. Please don't quit on me now. This is too big for me to handle by myself either. And no your not holding up progress.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'll come up with more

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hello fellow Rush lovers of mine. My hangover from girl's night out last night is better, so now I can think....or claim to anyway.

Deson, my friend, I understand about Snowdog. I will go on.

Ok, just a thought......

Our hero is dying, bleeding. His blood comes in contact with pieces of the broken guitar. Something extraordinary happens, beautiful lights, visions of a beautiful world outside of the federation and so on.

A staircase appears, (this is where I come in, hehe) a beautiful, stunning, perfect priestess appears at the top of the staircase holding up 'the oracle'. Somehow the hero and the guitar return to their previous state of being, maybe the light from the oracle is directed to him and brings him life.

The guitar is somehow the link that summons the elder race.

The oracle, IMO, must play a role in the ability of the elder race to defeat the federation. The oracle must have a purpose.

Lyrics:
I stand atop a spiral stair
An oracle confronts me there
He leads me on light years away
Through astral nights, galactic days
I see the works of gifted hands
That grace this strange and wondrous land
I see the hand of man arise
With hungry mind and open eyes

Rush

[edit on 30-5-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Our hero is dying, bleeding. His blood comes in contact with pieces of the broken guitar. Something extraordinary happens, beautiful lights, visions of a beautiful world outside of the federation and so on.

After the confrontation with the Priests, the hero grabs some pieces of the smashed guitar. This is how it ends up in the cave with the waterfall.

<<   2 >>

join