It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hired Political Bloggers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have, and I'm sure that the rest of ATS'ers have here also, that the closer we get to the election, the more and more I see new members joining simply to spread political partisanship.

There has to be something which can be done to limit that....I'm tired of seeing non-conspiracy related posts regarding why obama is a marxist, why hillary is the anti-christ, or why mccain is worse than bush. And seeing they're all from daily new-joins.

I'm not great at coming up with policies, but can't we make some kind of rule like no non-conspiracy purely political partisanship posts within 72 hours of joining or something for gods sake?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm sure other sites are likely having the same problems. But it might just be a thing that more people are interested in it, or misunderstanding the propaganda machine.

But if it is true. Well that sucks, i'm glad i'm from the UK, i can avoid this sort of manipulation by being on an American run site.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
I have, and I'm sure that the rest of ATS'ers have here also, that the closer we get to the election, the more and more I see new members joining simply to spread political partisanship.

There has to be something which can be done to limit that....

This seems like a great example that's typical of many partisan political hacks... free speech is great until you don't like it, then you want to limit it.

Personally, I find it odd that you would claim in your title that people who post political comments are paid bloggers.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well we do know that bloggers are being used avidly by campaigns now. Whether or not they are paid, is unknown, either way, they would be motivated by means other than their own.

One example would be over 150+ posts within 3 days of joining, most of which are purely politcal mud-slinging.....not to mention any names.....*cough*...jamie83...*cough*...

The real issue is not that they are posting partisan comments, but that nothing that they are posting is conspiracy related. Their only purpose being to sway the opinion of actual bloggers regardless of the sites intended content.

[edit on 5/30/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I notice quite a few Conservative styled posters on the political threads lately. If they want to sway opinion to the conservative side, they might try being a little more polite and not so strident and insulting.

Also copy and pasting out of the Limbaugh letter isn't the brightest thing either; Somehow it seems more humorous than convincing.

It wouldn't surprise me that perhaps some of them are paid; on both sides.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by whaaa]

top topics

join