It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dunkin Donuts Pulls Ad Featuring Rachael Ray In A Scarf That Looks Too Arab

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
OH for Christs sake give me a bloody break.

Its OK Grover. Its all a bad dream.

Pretty soon someone will pinch us all and we'll all wake up back into a world where people have common sense.

Until then, laugh at it all, because if you start to cry, you'll probably end up drowning....

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by Souljah
So, what is the problem here?

I think the answer is Media.

Not a one liner now is it? Or maybe it is? hmmmmm I'm not sure.
I think it's up to debate, nah actually it is most definitely not a one liner now!

EXACTLY!!! This thread is NOT about the Arabs or Muslims... it is about the idiocy of the right wing media as represented in this case by Michelle Malkin, and companies caving in to the subsequent bullhooey caused by her craven nonsense.

Do we need anymore proof that the right wing noise machine is populated by a bunch of morons and should simply be ignored?

[edit on 29-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I would bet that since Carlyle Group owns Dunkin Donuts and that they sell loads of military stuff to the middle east they don't want to offend any of them. Or they just want any press weather it be good or bad because DD will be for sale in the very near future. They bought DD and baskin robbins ice cream. I noticed the all out barrage of ads pretty soon after, funny how sheep will just start buying what is advertised. This was a mistake, NOT. it was planned and every media outlet is covering it. This is an old military program it is called "The F... Up and move up program" and I'm sure that Carlyle group knows how it works. It comes down to how many times you the name Dunkin Donuts is splashed into your brain. I'm sure that they know if you hear a name lets say 100 times that for real apparent reason you will at least contemplate buying there product when posed with a choice. Kinda like uninformed voters will pick a name that sounds good when they don't know who they want.

One other thing to remember is some of the major investors in Carlyle are mega rich middle eastern men. Osama bin ladens dad was a partner in Carlyle until his son and 20 guys with box cutters took down the World trade center. Do some research you will find that most things are done for a reason. Just remember that you are no longer a person, you are a CONsumer and the only thing anyone cares about is how you will spend your hard earned money.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If they wanted to "not let it get out of hand" like a previous poster said, they would have simply replaced the ad with something else

BUT....

they chose to let the press get ahold of hit and to once-again-hammer-home-the-EvilARAB/Poor-Israel-diatribe that's OH SO common these days.

From this point forward I refuse to purchase any Dunkin Doughnuts (spelling intended) as they support human rights abuses and crimes against humanity (Israeli occupation and mis-treatment of the Gaza people)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
My God, the land of the free doesn't seem free at all. Freedom of expression has been clearly trampled on in the interests of money. A few extreme Christian groups get in a huff and threaten to spend their money somewhere else and someones rights to be able to wear what they want go out the window? So much for standing up for peoples rights, bye bye constitution, it was a nice idea, but we're clearly not able or willing to put it into action.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

The name of God is irrelivant. It's open to interpretation and any Deity would chortle at the stupidity of this article.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Christ, I'd pay to see the "Bagel ad". Any takers?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Maybe the statue is actually Superman looking for firewood or a tribute to "Heroes of the Rainforest"!!!
Well demonstrated in your opine. Nice one.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
An example of the popularity of this style of scarf in Australia/controversy it's causing:

www.smh.com.au...

Beware the terrorist shop assistant!!!

[edit on 29-5-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Oh noes!

It's not people looking for revenge that causes terrorism! ITS THE SCARVES!

... lol, sorry, I couldn't help myself.

What is WRONG with the world lately? So what if she "looks" a little Arabic? Are there not Arabs living there? Would such a thing not appeal to them?... or do they not want Arabic customers?

I think they just cost themselves more customers than they would have if they left the ad up.

If I were Arabic... I'd be boycotting them for removing the ad.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by johnsky]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
‘A scarf is a scarf, of course, of course’ said the horse ‘and nothing more’. 'G-d' or 'All-h' has got to be laughing at the humans for making a big deal over an ad and a woman wearing a piece of clothing, which to me looks like nothing more than a old rag.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I did a google search in images for "keffiyeh", and only a few of the results were even Arabic, and they did not look like Rachael Ray's scarf. Most were just pics of people in varying types of scarves. I wanted to compare them to the scarf she is wearing to try to understand the whole thing, but I got nothing. DD just wasted a lot of money by caving in.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Dunkin Donuts ought to concentrate on better service, learning how to make a fresh cup of coffee and stop this nonsense.

Michelle "Rabid" Malcum complained? I hate that broad. I think i'd like to take all my frustrations on her.
What a pleasure that would be.

How stupid! So now anyone with a scarf that resembles
the enemy is a terrorist, huh?

That stupid woman should get a life and DD is doing what she wants?

Dunkin Donuts is a sleezy operation here in the North East and this shows their stupidity.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
heh... this was and partly still is in high fashion amongst 20somethings in Europe... I still have my green and white one, looks cool.
Malkin is rediculos. Nothing she says ever comes out from a mouth of reason, and this really puts a narrow mind down on her. I wish someone would just fire her...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I used to have a red and black one as well as my much worn white and black one, but I lost it somewhere down the line.

this just in Keith Obermann names Dunkin Donuts the worst "person" in the world...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 30-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
From The Young Turks

Dunkin' Donuts Pulls Ad w/ Rachael Ray - Find Out Why?

I can't say much more than what they said.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think this proves once and for all the absolute mindless and knee jerk reactionary mentality of the right wing media.

It was one thing for Michelle Malkin to say this... but the fact that the rest of the right wing news blogsphere hopped on the band wagon as it were, proves their illrevelance... after all no one else got their panties all in a bunch over it.

Keith Obermann said last night:

How about this? How about the rest of us boycott Dunkin' Donuts for giving into fascists like Michelle Malkin? And for giving weight to perhaps the most absurd idea the lunatic fringers have ever belched forth: that there are terrorist scarves! Terrorist scarves! Dunkin Donuts: time to stop buying the donuts.

And I am inclined to agree.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Web Comic on this fiasco:

www.wordsandpicturesonline.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join