It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Happening~M. Night Shyamalan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This will be released on Friday, June 13th. It looks extremely "could happen" scary / alien-ish.

The Happening

What do you think?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
oh gods, not another M night Shamalan Flick. Man hasnt anyone told this guy his movies really are terrible? I mean with the notable exception of The 6th Sense his movies have all been terrible wastes of film.

Someone please inform M night Shamalan that he needs to stop directing and start work somewhere else. FAST. before our society has to face yet another horrid film by this art school reject.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The 6th sense was decent, the rest was a waste. This looks a bit more interesting than his last one (Lady by the water or whatever). Thanks for the preview.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I personally like his style. There is always an underlying message.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

Im not exactly sure that horrible story lines and pathetic plot twists with unbelievable characters counts as a good underlying message. His movies are for the most part complete garbage unworthy of a B rating. This guy was a one trick pony that broke his legs after the first trick.

I am sorry but M Night Shamalan films should not be aired, just like putting Paris Hilton into any film. If it has the name M Night Shamalan attached to it, it is certain to be a horrible waste of money.

Eventually I will see The Happening, when it comes out on television, but I certainly will not see what will most likely be a boring, horrible, awefull rehashing of someone else's story in a theatre.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you for thanking me.

reply to post by eye open doors

I think so as well.

reply to post by whatukno

You're being awfully vague with your opinion...can you be more detailed? Thanks for making me laugh--seriously.

I didn't know his movies were considered bad. I've seen Signs and the 6th Sense and thought they were pretty good. Not great, but I could at least watch them in their entirety.

Anyway, the trailer just struck me as really creepy, creepy, and some more creepy.

His movies can be thought-provoking, but obviously...it depends on the person. Before I saw those two movies, I didn't know such things were possible. Sad but true. Now imagine what this site has done to me. Cuckoo cuckoo.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by queenT

Im glad I could make you laugh, it makes my day whenever I can make someone laugh. (and I am being serious)

Have a great day. (unless for some strange coincidence your M Night Shamalan, then by all means go hide under a rock.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I like his movies, their are different.

I'll go see it and the HULK!!!!

Roper

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I kind of liked the trailer. But I alway like the trailers and then go see the movie and feel like I have been chumped out once again.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
I like his movies, their are different.

I'll go see it and the HULK!!!!

Roper

I enjoy his movies too. They at least always have an interesting thought.

I find them Fun. Whatever happened to just plain Fun.

I'm aware of the "nit picking" critiques - - but who cares - why ruin simple enjoyment.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
ok, he is a hit and miss, 25% hit, 75% miss, and i mean hit as in B rate movie, and the happening will be good, saw the trailer when i wet to see Iron Man and i just have to say, this will be his best movie ever

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors

I do also

And I actually didn't think the sixth sense was one of his better movies, it was ok.
Some people just need the story/message laid out for em I guess.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Well poo-poo on you opinion duder. I like his movies, and you cannot change my mind.

Originally posted by ImJaded

Originally posted by eye open doors

I do also

And I actually didn't think the sixth sense was one of his better movies, it was ok.
Some people just need the story/message laid out for em I guess.

That is what I was thinking. For instance, The Village was a social commentary. The Lady in the Water was about people stepping up and understanding why they are here, and by doing this magic happens. Every movie has this message. It's not obvious, and some people want it handed to them, and they want it now.

That's not me.

[edit on 5/28/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I loved the sixth sense, and Unbreakable, I like comic book characters, that film really intriuged me. Signs was good but then I lost enthusiasm with the village, For the first time with one of his films I worked out what was going on half way through and was very bored from start to finish.
Lady in the water was a big dissapointment for me.
Now this looks like it will be worth watching, very interesting trailer, what could it be? A virus, or something alot more sinister, I go with the latter.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
"What a twist"

From the looks of the trailer, and rumours I've heard around the ol www, it seems that the general story is going to be that the earth releases a virus that causes us to want to kill ourselves and/or each other. Who can blame her.

I did like the Sixth Sense, even though I called what the outcome was going to be about 1/3rd into the movie(good ol formulaic Hollywood, try to be original, but it's all been done in some way, shape or form) but all his other flicks were subpar in my opinion. At least he's trying to be different.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I hope that the plot isn't the Earth is causing us to kill ourselves. Personally, I thought it would be interesting if it was all a case of mass hysteria. What with all the propoganda today, false-flag stuff, and people freaking out over terrorists hiding under their beds, this would be an interesting take. I've always been 50/50 with him. Saw Sixth Sense coming from after they cut away from his patient, I did like Unbreakable though, wish they made the sequels. Signs was cool, except for the whole allergic to water thing, seriously? Village was like Sixth Sense II for me, but not as good. Personally, the only movie I am really really looking forward to is The Watchmen, now that is going to be legendary. I will still see The Happening though. Peace.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I liked the 6th Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs, and the first half of The Village. It kinda disappointed me with the plot twist, but before that, it was good.

Lady in the Water was okay, but not good like the others.

I really hope he can pull himself out of the hole of okay-ness that he fell into with Lady in the Water and the last bit of The Village.

I'm so hopeful that his greatness comes back, I think I'll see every movie he ever makes just because it might be good this time.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'm a bit against the trend as well i guess, i love his work.

Signs, The Village and sixth Sense are 3 of my all-time favourite films.

For a horror/thriller fan, the next few coming months are heaven.

The Happening AND

The Strangers

Yay for horror films

[edit on 3-6-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I liked unbreakable and signs but I hated the water movie and the villiage.
Sixth sense was good but the other one with Kevin bacon was better.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Even though I rarely like his movies, I never regret watching them because the underlying theme is the part I remember most, and it's the most important part.

I'll probably wait till this new one comes out on DVD before I bother watching it but here's to hoping that it's not as horrible as Lady in the Water.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join