It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Likens War Against Islamic Extremism To 'Fight Against Fascism'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

He already did compare this war to the war of independence, check this. I don't think there are many wars left that he can compare the current situation to

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

And coming from the "decider" who regularly spits in the face of this nation and is the most spy-happy civil liberties abusor since Adolph himself, does ANYBODY take a word about fascism that this guys spews even REMOTELY seriously?

what, moreso than Stalin, Caucescu, Mao, Pot etc etc etc

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The impending war for planetary freedom from Cthulu's Army of squidpeople from Sirius?

I'd love to see the look on people's faces when Bush makes the ULTIMATE Freudian slip. Haha.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

And coming from the "decider" who regularly spits in the face of this nation and is the most spy-happy civil liberties abusor since Adolph himself, does ANYBODY take a word about fascism that this guys spews even REMOTELY seriously?

what, moreso than Stalin, Caucescu, Mao, Pot etc etc etc

There! That type of argument has to stop.

Comparative evil is a pretty piss poor system. He is bad but not as bad as...

Officer, I am driving drunk...but did you see my brother last week? Woo, now that was drunk driving!

Please.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines

There! That type of argument has to stop.

Comparative evil is a pretty piss poor system. He is bad but not as bad as...

Officer, I am driving drunk...but did you see my brother last week? Woo, now that was drunk driving!

Please.

Actually the relativist nonsense spouted above has to stop.

Comparing life under Bush to life under any of those tyrants is an insult.

Taking your example, a man who rapes and murders a kid is no worse than someone who shoplifts

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I really do not know what to say.

I never attempted to compare life 'under Bush' to life under anyone else. I was stating that to say he is less because others are more is not the way to go.

Of course Stalin commited worse acts than Bush. He killed millions. I am saying that what Bush is doing should not be tolerated just because there have been worse before him.

No, child rape and shoplifting are not the same. But stealing from another is illegal, regardless of child rape occuring or not. They are not equal in their crime but both are crimes.

One can not go into court and argue that theft isn't crime because people also rape children and child rape is wrose then theft.

I believe that was the entire point of my post...

[edit on 5/29/0808 by spines]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I really do not know what to say.

I never attempted to compare life 'under Bush' to life under anyone else. I was stating that to say he is less because others are more is not the way to go.

Of course Stalin commited worse acts than Bush. He killed millions. I am saying that what Bush is doing should not be tolerated just because there have been worse before him.

No, child rape and shoplifting are not the same. But stealing from another is illegal, regardless of child rape occuring or not. They are not equal in their crime but both are crimes.

One can not go into court and argue that theft isn't crime because people also rape children and child rape is wrose then theft.

I believe that was the entire point of my post...

I originally quoted from dimensional detective who said Bush was the greatest civil liberty denier since Hitler- hence my post

YES I disagree with much of Bush's policy, but that doesn't mean one gets carried away with references, particularly when, on the spectrum of things, the names I mentioned are in a different league

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I was using your post as a spring board of sorts. It was a nice segweigh(sp?) into what I felt needed to be said.

Nothing personal intended.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I was using your post as a spring board of sorts. It was a nice segweigh(sp?) into what I felt needed to be said.

Nothing personal intended.

fair enough, none taken

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Swordbeast

star for you - somehow i missed it , OMG , so now the british are terrorists as well...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Im not a Neocon but Im shocked about how most of you chant in Unison the lines Islamofacists would love you to say.

Dont you realize that Islamofascists post here, promote their stuff here masked as "anti-establishment" and "anti-government" material?

You´ve been brainwashed into actually believing that countries like the U.S. are more fascist than nations under the rule super-oppresive Islamic countries?

The Breaking Alternative News Forum has turned into a Propaganda-Tool for Islamic forces it seems.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

I think I speak for a lot of people:

What?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Im not a Neocon but Im shocked about how most of you chant in Unison the lines Islamofacists would love you to say.

Dont you realize that Islamofascists post here, promote their stuff here masked as "anti-establishment" and "anti-government" material?

You´ve been brainwashed into actually believing that countries like the U.S. are more fascist than nations under the rule super-oppresive Islamic countries?

The Breaking Alternative News Forum has turned into a Propaganda-Tool for Islamic forces it seems.

Really???

Or is it that people are sick of the lies, the propaganda, the deaths, the corporations making huge amounts of money from the deaths of innocents and REAL patriots, the torture, the imprisonment of innocents without trial, the breaking of international treaties and laws?

This is exactly the same tactic as bush used in the run up to the invasion of iraq - tell the lie long enough and people will start to believe it, which was originally said by hitler.

There is no reason to be in Iraq except for oil and to keep the military-industrial complex flourishing.

No WMD's, no ties to the mythical "al qaeda"
NOTHING.

Except for a few who want to further enrich themselves and their friends.

[edit on 29/5/2008 by budski]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

There is no reason to be in Iraq except for oil and to keep the military-industrial complex flourishing.

No WMD's, no ties to the mythical "al qaeda"
NOTHING.

Except for a few who want to further enrich themselves and their friends.

[edit on 29/5/2008 by budski]

"the oil" will be sold regardless of who is there, "the oil", whether run by a fascist, democratic etc whatever will be sold

I fail to see how the MASSIVE cost in keepin troops out there results in a profit for the US nation

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

and yourself has been brainwashed by the facist regime occupying washington in believing there everyword is truth and gospel , goebbels would be proud of the results of operation paperclip as to how deeply nazi agents have sunk into the powers running the usa.The forth reich is here and now and the puppet is GW Bush.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
I fail to see how the MASSIVE cost in keepin troops out there results in a profit for the US nation

Exactly! We, as a country, are not profitting.

We are not proffiting from it...but those who pushed for, started and perpetuate the war are.

See the problem with this?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This is what I mean by brainwashed:

You have automatically assumed I am pro-current-government even though I said I am not.

Im certainly not pro-Bush. But you guys believe who believe that islamofascism is the "lesser evil" are wrong on many levels.

Keep parroting what the internet-armies of Democracy-Haters want you to say and soon we´ll be in even more of a fascist system.

Keep chanting in Unison. This is exactly what they want you to believe.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by lucid eyes]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
deleted inappropriate remark.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

and as a classic example of a fool who believes - you need to open your eyes and read whats on this forum instead of picking small parts and jumping `i am here look at me` - which is exactly what little boys do in the school playground when no one wants to see them

islamofacism?/ i can throw buzzwords - the world is full of judiofacists , and you seem to be one.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Yes! The brainwashing reveals itself. Since I oppose Islamofascism I "must be a jew".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join