It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Battle.....of the GODS?!

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Lets just suppose, for one moment, that god exists.

Now imagine that all of us god fearing folk also believe in aliens.

Now suppose that all those aliens hold similar beliefs and also believe in their own god, and that their god also actually exists.

Surely if we either visited (or were visited by) another civilisation there would be some kind of 'clash' between the two? There would never be as good a cause for either 'god' to come forward and actually say, "here I am". Then what? What if both 'gods' came forward to say hello?

We'd be screwed.

Not only would there be catagorical evidence that god exists, but also that aliens and their own god exists. This then gives rise to all manner of questions;

If I don't like what this god preaches, can I go and find another? etc ad nausium.......

A highly unlikely scenario I know, but a possible one?

Ben




posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
would that define the position of god being almighty? cause if there were 2 or more gods, wouldn't god be able to destroy the other gods, or do the other gods have the definition of being almighty as well? cause if that were true, the definition of all knowing would have to come into place. But sure, why not.



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Quite possible, and you see it happening here on Earth throughout history. There were a number of approaches to the problem:

1) synthesis. Happened frequently and still does. Voodoo is one synthesis religion.
2) centuries-long warfare. Christians vs Moslems -- 'nuff said?
3) genocide. A number of examples in the Bible -- God commands Israelites to completely wipe out a civilization.
4) forced conversion by stronger group (Jews in Spain, etc.)
5) peaceable coexistance. This happens only if none of the religions has a mandate to win converts.



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Off on a slight tangent (!), I do not believe there is anything or anyone up (or down) there looking out for us. However, I would be willing to readdress my beliefs if 'god' came directly to me and said 'hello'.

For the argument of this post lets say that the god in the original scenario is the only god looking down over earth, and is, indeed, all-mighty.

Byrd> Good points one and all, though none of those historical points have ever had the foundation of 100% proof of gods existence....

B



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjj
Off on a slight tangent (!), I do not believe there is anything or anyone up (or down) there looking out for us. However, I would be willing to readdress my beliefs if 'god' came directly to me and said 'hello'.

For the argument of this post lets say that the god in the original scenario is the only god looking down over earth, and is, indeed, all-mighty.

Byrd> Good points one and all, though none of those historical points have ever had the foundation of 100% proof of gods existence....

B


The problem is you and many other people look at God with having human characteristics. Once human stop doing this and see the "Most High" as the High sprit that exist within everything then we will start to understand our essence of being. But to go back to your original question. I don't think there would be any wars between the Gods. We need to expel our earthly beliefs and embrace a more universal understanding of God. As long as we limit our minds we won't understand we will just except. There is only one "God" and it's the same "God" as the aliens. The universal God



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Interesting point, you could be on to something there.

This is just one of those stupid posts (usually by me!) that you write when you haven't engaged your brain properly!

I have always been of the opinion that "imagine Adolf Hitler's book 'Mein Kampf' was buried after WW2, then the world nuked, and ten generations later the children of the survivors dig it up and think that is how things really should be."....... That is what I think of the bible.....



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've recently begin devising a theory that our God and the God of any aliens that might exist are one in the same. It's not far fetched to believe that aliens exist, and it is my deepest belief that God exists.

So why not believe that God created us, and God created the aliens and whatever planet(s) they may live on? Maybe there's even another "Earth-like" planet somewhere in the universe where God created another race of humans or human-like beings. I'm in the process of writing down all my ideas for a story about this, because I've never heard of it or seen it written about before.

Speculation?



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
The problem is you and many other people look at God with having human characteristics. Once human stop doing this and see the "Most High" as the High sprit that exist within everything then we will start to understand our essence of being. But to go back to your original question. I don't think there would be any wars between the Gods. We need to expel our earthly beliefs and embrace a more universal understanding of God. As long as we limit our minds we won't understand we will just except. There is only one "God" and it's the same "God" as the aliens. The universal God


I was under the impression that GOD was mearly a expression of a idea... the geometry of devinity. See all beings are connected in thoughts (ex: thoose island monkey projects) GOD is a discription of the net between us all.. a common belief and how thoose beliefs effect all around us. So if a group of people believe in something so much, it will infact become true. If I were to tell you that I talked to a mushroom last night and it talked back you would call me a liar. But if 10 people told you the same thing... hey you may believe it to.. and then who are you going to tell.. I believe that need to be apart of something.. peoples need to belong to a group or family of people is human nature. The support helps the people in life.. they blame things on GOD which infact is true... but they are calling GOD a person when in fact it is the nature of there relationships. I agree with DaTruth.. there will be no War of gods... just wars of people needing to belong to a common Idea... hrmm ignorance fuels most of our world


[Edited on 2-3-2004 by luk!]



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Opened up a bit of a can 'o worms here!



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
hrmm... now lets say you take in what I say above as fact... how many people does it take to start a religon... I mean really.. and then to say.. How many people will we need in our army to prove to the world that our GOD is better then theres!



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You have to study and research history, especially in the religious areas. When you talk about gods, you have to recall the numerous times 'gods' came down to earth to mingle with the inhabitants.

1. Book of Enoch, angels of the race ofd Elohim came to earth, took wives from the daughters of man, taught mankind the secrets of warfare, magic.

2. In Sumeria, a fish-like being 'with the head of a human under a mask of a fish' emerged from the sea, taught manking the secrets of civilization and writing. His name was oannes(?)

3. Also, around Sumeria, the lesser of the gods, the Anunnaki, had humans as both servants and slaves.

These gods, naturally, would have to be physical in order to achieve the things they did. With the example of the Oannes, each night he had to re-enter the seas, to be free of our 'heavy environment'. Sticking with the mid-eastern site of Sumeria, why would the humans need to furnish great houses for the gods? These gods literally and actually inhabited the dwellings, slept, ate, and partook of the opposite sex. These 'gods', too, waged war with those of Egypt, as well as other Sumerian city-states.

Now, look at the origins of the gods. The Anunnaki came from a 'planet' called Nibiru, the Dagon came from Sirus... I'm pretty sure the Mayans, too, had a point of origin for their gods, but it isn't coming to me right now.

Each and every of the gods we worship today (or in the past) are always the 'young' gods.

1. The Greek gods over threw and imprisioned their fathers (the Titans).

2. The Norse Gods, always raging war with the Frost Giants, have currently kept them at bay.

3. Also from Sumeria, the younger generation of gods attacked and over threw Tiamat.

4. In Hebrew text, before time, God had slain a great dragon; let's not forget the battle between the angels of God, and the angels of Lucifer.

Please bare in mind that these are but a few examples; each religion has a telling of a heavenly war 'in the beginning'.

And, as always, these religions tell of a return of the old gods, to wage battle once more with their captures.

1. Norse Raknorok

2. Hebrew Armagedeon

3. Sumeria... can't remember what their 'end days' is called, but they have one.

4. And although I don't know what will happen with the Mayans, if it involves gods or not, but in 2012-2014 (when their calander ends), the sun is to be in the Dark Rift of the Milky Way... I have a link to this illistration, but when viewed, it resembles the symbol of the Egyptian goddess Hathor (the goddess of the underworld and fertility)... oddly enough, the Milky Way is the birth canal of the universe.

There are examples throught history, when gods would help/hinder mankind... too many for me to go through here... but one has to keep in mind one thing, involving the stars...

1. In 2012, Venus is to eclipse the sun.

2. In 2012, the sun is in the Dark Rift. The goddess Hathor is also known as the 'eye of ra'. Hmm... the sun almost does look like an eye when Venus is in front of it...

3. Pluto changes astrological houses.

Most of us here have probably heard this before, about how the old gods would free themselves and return, to reclaim this blue-green orb... something along the lines of "when the stars are right, after strange eons even death may die"

For me, the gods are aliens. I am a religious man, but I adhere to no religious belief. I was going to add more, but my train of thought left the mental station...



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think I have stated this before somewhere, but here it is again.

There is only ONE GOD, the creator of everything in this universe. The Universal Consciousness. We are a part of GOD and GOD is a part of us.

But there are also the gods of humans. These gods could have been aliens or supernatural entities..... the gods described in human religion all tend to fit into this category.



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Only one God, and he/she is the God of the universe which we are all a small part of. The allknowing creator.



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
thanks for the info soothsayer.



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I We are a part of GOD and GOD is a part of us.


I agree

Reminds me of the Gospel of Thomas
77 Jesus said, "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained.

Split a piece of wood; I am there.

www.misericordia.edu...


[Edited on 3-3-2004 by NetStorm]



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Even with regards to the Sumerians, they had three levels of heaven. From top to bottom...

1. The High God, En (or El, or An)... each meaning "god"

2. The middle heaven, home to the numerous other gods, such as Iggigi, Enki, Enlil (yes, 'en' means god, so enlil would be god of water, enki god of air, so on)...

3. The lower heaven, earth, home to humans and the Annunaki

This is the basis for many religious centers. The Sumeria prophet Zoroaster tried hard to teach this way of thinking, but was 'expelled' from his homeland. He journeyed to India, and began his teachings. *Coincidence... both 'Iraq' and 'India' mean pretty much the same thing... land of the arryans, home of the arryans*

Anyway... this belief, Zoroasterian, is pretty much the beginnings of both the Kabalist sect and the Hindu belief system; in order to elevate to the level of the high god, you must first be judged worthy to ascend to the next level of heaven. I don't know how many levels Hindus have, but Kabalists have... umm... 9 (?). Each level is protected by a being to judge, to keep those who are not worthy out, and allow others in.

Even in the case of the Greek gods, they all emerged from one source... Chronos, the All Father. All the 'current' greek gods are borthers/sisters/children to Zeus, surviving son to Chronos.

With the Sumerians, the GOD created (?) when he had a moment of doubt... this offspring is the representation of all that is negative. Seeing what he had done, he created the counter... positive. Afterwards, the GOD went into slumber, and left the rest of creation to these two beings... (let's here a big yin-yan)

All the gods of the world did emerge from a single source, so eventually, I would suppose that there is a god, an actual spiritual being. But honestly, that isn't what concerns me... I'm more worried about the alien 'gods' coming back.

You see, I don't know how many of you have read other threads by me, but I'm not what you would call 'mundane' in nature. Somehow, for some reason, there are things I can do naturally that others either can't, or must practice to do.

Anyway, I used to believe that these abilities were 'god-given'... but I don't know any more. The more I read and study and research, the more I discover... the more concerned I become. So right now, all I can say is when the 'gods' do come back, for good or evil, I will not be one to line up for them. Something just strikes me odd about the returning.

I know, a bit off subject, but when one goes on a tangent!

The latest thing I've found was that many of todays religions all lead back to Sumeria. We'll take Catholics as an example...

1. The Catholics are based on the workings of the Dead Sea Scrolls, written by the Essenes.

2. The Essenes were a secretive group who studied many different religions, believing them to each show a revelation of God and the workings of the universe. Their two major sources of information was the Hindus and Chaldeans.

3. The Hindus had developed their religion over many many years, with refine-ment. Zoroaster, the Sumerian, helped in this. The Chaldeans were a greoup of ex-nomads who were experts in astronomy, astrology, and practiced magic... they settled and formed the city-state of Ur, of ancient Sumeria.

There's alot more detail in this oh-so brief history. I've found connections leading to Sumeria from Japan all the way to Rome. Right now, I am trying to uncover Celtic and Mayan/Native Indian religious history. I know they won't have direct connections to Sumer... but if they have many numerous links, too many for coincidence, then there is something there. Great... off subject again!

Is there a one, High God? Maybe... probably. But with everything uncovered so far, he is very distant, and uses lesser gods for his bidding...



posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I think I have stated this before somewhere, but here it is again.

There is only ONE GOD, the creator of everything in this universe. The Universal Consciousness. We are a part of GOD and GOD is a part of us.

sure enough, and God described itself as I AM THAT I AM...which encompases both the material universe and the unseen cosmos = this being the ultimate 'Polarity' we can understand

But there are also the gods of humans. These gods could have been aliens or supernatural entities..... the gods described in human religion all tend to fit into this category.


Then as modeled by many others in better language:
The God manifested to humans...came as a bacteria which uses a virus as a carrier agency.
That is why most of the human race is 'infected' by the God-Creator-Omnipotent Presence-Eternal One construct.

The virus settles in certain areas of humans->> and since ancient times these focal points became known as 'chakras'.

in the brain our Pineal, Hippocampus, amygdla are affected which in turn creates that holographic effect in the brain structure itself...which we now have labeled
'The God Part Of The Brain' this is a recent controversy.

ut, you ask, is this God manestifation only here on earth?

no, the God virus, spawns itself throught the galaxies (which correspond to individual cells) and spreads thru the physical matter realm via cometary material

Enjoy Your Journey
(at least this portion of your journey through this spectrum of the cosmos/scale in the universe)



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjj
Interesting point, you could be on to something there.

This is just one of those stupid posts (usually by me!) that you write when you haven't engaged your brain properly!

I have always been of the opinion that "imagine Adolf Hitler's book 'Mein Kampf' was buried after WW2, then the world nuked, and ten generations later the children of the survivors dig it up and think that is how things really should be."....... That is what I think of the bible.....


Funny how your started this one off. lol. I see what your saying. The bible was put together. It wasn't written as one book. I'm talking about the new testament. It was also written 50 -100 after "Jesus" Death.



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
I've recently begin devising a theory that our God and the God of any aliens that might exist are one in the same. It's not far fetched to believe that aliens exist, and it is my deepest belief that God exists.

So why not believe that God created us, and God created the aliens and whatever planet(s) they may live on? Maybe there's even another "Earth-like" planet somewhere in the universe where God created another race of humans or human-like beings. I'm in the process of writing down all my ideas for a story about this, because I've never heard of it or seen it written about before.

Speculation?


Well if you stay on ATS for a while you will get a lot of content for your book.
Things like this are not only discussed but are backed up with logical statements and websites. Some times the websites aren't always credible but that's for the person searching to decided



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by luk!

I was under the impression that GOD was mearly a expression of a idea... the geometry of devinity. See all beings are connected in thoughts (ex: thoose island monkey projects) GOD is a discription of the net between us all.. a common belief and how thoose beliefs effect all around us. So if a group of people believe in something so much, it will infact become true. If I were to tell you that I talked to a mushroom last night and it talked back you would call me a liar. But if 10 people told you the same thing... hey you may believe it to.. and then who are you going to tell.. I believe that need to be apart of something.. peoples need to belong to a group or family of people is human nature. The support helps the people in life.. they blame things on GOD which infact is true... but they are calling GOD a person when in fact it is the nature of there relationships. I agree with DaTruth.. there will be no War of gods... just wars of people needing to belong to a common Idea... hrmm ignorance fuels most of our world


[Edited on 2-3-2004 by luk!]


I agree with you too especally your first statement. But we cannot grasp the true idea of God. At least not in this humanly state. Belief is a strong thing. It can move mountains and sway men. In fact releasing your psychic powers all start with the belief that you can do it. Then you have to quiet your mind, which is a lot harder than it sounds.




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join