It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama or McCain? No, there is another way...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I know that many here likely feel they are always trapped into voting between the lesser of two perceived evils, Republican or Democrat.

I just wanted to post a reminder that we are NOT bound to just these two choices. We can use our votes to send a message, and WRITE IN a candidate we feel morally and ethically good about voting for.

I'm not going to use this thread to endorse any particular candidate (though my preference is probably obvious to some), but I did want to say that we do have other options, and we can write those names in! It's not a "wasted" vote if you are voting your conscience, and it may just send a big message to everyone.

You CAN choose none of the above!!!

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
WRITE IN a candidate we feel morally and ethically good about voting for.

At the risk of a one line response -

Here is some information on candidates who are NOT Obamessiah or McCain. Enjoy!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have been thinking about the election lately, and have decided that I will not vote for either Obamlinton, or McBush. I think I may just go ahead and write in Ron Paul.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

You CAN choose none of the above!!!

Gaz! I think you're onto something. But let's go all the way.

Let's not just write in an alternative to send a message - let's SEND THE MESSAGE.

My write in WILL be "NONE OF THE ABOVE".

*wonders how we could go viral with this*

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
My write in WILL be "NONE OF THE ABOVE".

If you do that, the vote can't be counted. In essence, that would be self-defeating. However, if you actually vote for a name that is on the write-in list, then they HAVE to record the vote, and if over 1%, would show up in media coverage.

Basically, I just hate that everyone feels that only the two main choices are available. We CAN make a difference, even if only making a point. My particular choice is a party candidate, but it isn't the one that the party chose in the primaries...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

No way!

I'm not gonna let McCain win this one with the same BS that Bush won two times. It's time for us to be smart and choose the lesser of two evils.

It's like when you get pulled over by the police. Acting smart and knowing the law won't help you. In fact, it will hurt you. It will get you arrested.

Same thing here. Being smart and knowing what is right won't help this situation either. Vote for OBAMA!
Stop trying to make a point. Your point won't be heard BY ANYONE!!

Want to really stand up and make a difference?
Change the world in your own way.
Be a good person. An unselfish person. Be aware of others. Be aware of yourself and your desructive habits. Learn from your failures. And never assume that you are smart or have special knowledge.
Understand that we are all the same. All humans are the same, part of a larger organism. Me and you are connected in the same way that cells are connected in the same body. Our body is the entire human race.

Its about time we make changes in our own lives, those around us, and throughout the world.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLoveUSA

Well, I feel the same way about this election.

But that's partially because I have no reservations about supporting Obama, unlike the last two Democratic candidates. I think he will make a good President, probably the best we have had in a long time.

However, if I wasn't as confident about Obama, I'd be writing someone in or voting third party myself.

new topics

top topics

join