It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Is Coming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
...Alot of prophecy thats been around points to this fact ...

Hi TruthStrgnrThanFiction!

Please forgive me, I'm not having a "dig" here, but isn't that statement a bit of an oxymoron??

I find it difficult to accept that "Predictions" can be "facts"? Predictions are by their very nature speculative, whereas facts are, well, *facts*??

Just my �0.02...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well what I meant was Biblical prophecy, which is entirely acurate.
State of Isreal for example ...its a reality now..but it was predicted to happen many years ago.

So regarding comets etc...one of the first beginning events of the "end time" is an object hitting earth.

Most people today think that believing such things is pure insanity, but the words of God have been around much longer than this current brief humanist perception and outlook on life.

Two things about God. Firstly to believe in him. Secondly to follow him. I can guarente that Satan believes in every single prophecy of God..and the word of God...but he doesnt follow obviously. It says even the demons believe and tremble. At a major handicap if you dont even believe in God to begin with in my honest opinon.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It would be bad if humanity had to start from practically nothing again.
That theory seems like pushing some sort of reset button for our species.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Well what I meant was Biblical prophecy, which is entirely acurate....

Thank you for your input TSTF.!

That appears to be a big claim and, in the interests of balance, I did a Google search for contrary positions on the accuracy of Biblical Prophecy, in line with good debating strategies.

I found this, from which I quote an anomaly.

"Jeremiah, writing in about 606 BC, personified the land of Samaria as weeping for her exiled inhabitants:

A voice is heard in Ramah, mourning and great weeping, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because her children are no more. (Jeremiah 31:15)

Two questions: Where was Ramah, and who was Rachel? There was a Ramah in Mount Ephraim of the kingdom of Israel (1 Samuel 1:1,19), and also a Ramah in Benjamin of the kingdom of Judah (Joshua 18:25). Rachel was the mother of Joseph and Benjamin, and the grandmother of Ephraim and Manasseh. Therefore, Rachel could have wept for her children in either of the two Ramahs. She was the mother of both Mount Ephraim and of Benjamin. However, verses 16-20 clarify that Rachel was weeping at the Mount Ephraim Ramah, for the northern kingdom which was in bondage to Assyria.

Six and a half centuries after Jeremiah wrote this lament for the Kingdom of Isarael, Matthew invented a story about King Herod killing every infant in Bethlehem and its outskirts, in about 4 BC. Matthew claimed that this slaughter of the innocents fulfilled Jeremiah 31:15."

I am not belittling your religious beliefs, only countering your statement that "Biblical prophecy is entriely accurate."

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Genya]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
One thought,

Why people is so fixiated on the end of the world?
perhaps is better to dream on the end of life than tried to fix our diferences.
The world will not end now but we sure making room for the posibilities.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

It is probably because people do not want to feel they are not important enough that the world could just go on as if their lifes meant very little; that the world could just go on without them as if it didn't care. It is much more grand that we could be part of some monumentous event. That's the ego for you!

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
i just wish the end to our way of life would happen already, cuz i want to hurry up and finish my bucket'o'popcorn and my jug of soft drink
. what a grand view i'll have...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Thats interesting. Its like the belief that Elijah would come before the Messiah. Jesus said John the Baptist was Elijah. Often there is a duel meaning of prophecy, but some of the prophecies I mention are of events to come, clear cut stuff. Herod did actually kill the babies to try and kill the messiah , isnt that documented fact? I dont believe Mathew made up anything, but it all boils down to faith. Either you believe or you dont, you either want to or not.If not you will always find a reason to doubt.

Two posts coming on this thread.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The first post in this thread was based on a guy who received revelation on the future.
If these things don�t happen as he said, he is a false prophet. Unfortunitly people are happy today to claim being prophets, but not subject themselves to the full consequences, ie if this was ancient isreal and a �prophet� got something wrong he/she was stoned to death! Being a prophet today for some people in the Christian community is a great job! You charge $25 a seat, talk all sorts of nonsense, claim to be on the same level of the early church leaders and apostles, and make a pretty penny doing it.
Unfortunitly the modern day prophets don�t qualify their predictions. If seen like a job then they are doing A LOT of stuff without the proof of the �manager� telling them to do it. Spirits are the living entities that give future knowledge. The bible says to test them, which isn�t being done today.

Bit of a contrast there compared to the real deal prophets of the Bible, who were treated like scum and murdered, sometimes even in the very temple of God, in what would be called today a �Satanic Ritual Killing.� Not to mention all the apostles who were killed! Anyhoe moving briskly on�

Firstly..where are we now in time in Gods plan? Reading enough of the bible you will find signs both in the world around us and in peoples very personalities, behaviour and nature that will tell you whether we are living in the end of the age�or the time shortly before all the doomsday stuff..Day of The Lord..etc. Seems a lot of these things are happening now as prophets and Jesus himself said they would. I can�t just put this stuff out and not qualify it so here goes:

The nature of people ..their behaviour etc:

2Tim 3 : 1 to 3

The nature of the church :

2Tim 4 : 3 to 4

Prophecy regarding the end times and events during that time:

Mat 24: 7

So do current events match the above? Other thing (bit obscure) is a verse in Habakkuk 2:3. Speaking of some future war that will speak (happen) in the end. Could this refer to whats going on now in Iraqi? Remember it says at the �end� so this cannot be fulfilled by previous parallels with ancient Babylon. It speaks of the nation of the chaledans but of the end time. Some would say it is a long strech, I included it due to its speaking of the end as a time reference. If this scripture speaks of Iraqi War and possibly other wars then this is �..the end, or �time of the end.� Maybe it sounds nuts but Iraqi is right on the doorstep of Isreal�the world is raging over this�wouldn�t maybe God know of it?

cont...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Now to the comet stuff. Rev 8:8 to 12 speaks of it raining fire, the moon and stars don��t give their light etc. This makes sense if it��s a comet, what with the dust cloud etc. Its one of the only logical ways this could happen without
the actual physical moon and stars loosing their light etc. It will appear as if they had what with the massive fog and cloud in the atmosphere.
But I don��t believe this impact will kill as many people as it has been estimated. This is the beginning of the tribulation, with two references made, firstly one about a mountain falling into the sea, secondly a star from heaven. Both with
devastating impact. But again this doesn��t kill as many people as one would think. The most is 2 billion and that��s done by angels bound for that very purpose Revelations 9:14. Actually I don��t know what the most is, but that��s the only time a number is given or a rough estimate. (to slay the third part of men.) Interestingly enough is Rev 9:21. After all this heavy heavy # people still don��t repent and turn from sin as the very world before our eyes is slowly being put out like a candle. I originally wanted to post to this to ask a question. If not necessarily soon but in your life time things like this happened, and you could read it in a bible and see before your eyes stuff being fulfilled, would you repent�Kthink differently about God? I guess to follow that verse , it says everyone who doesn��t die carries on and doesn��t.

But theres still tons of other ��God is about to kick our Azz!�� stuff waiting, and many people do make it at the end of it�Kmultitudes in heaven after the tribulation that you couldn��t count! So theres hope ��

So sometime in the earths future a comet is going to hit. Maybe you don��t believe in the Bible, but even scientists now are saying that the likelihood is high, especially as it supposedly happened before to wipe out the dinos.

What about earth changes? A lot of stuff on that online. What do you all think about it? Will the Earth physically change? I never thought any notion of it would be so simply and perfectly described in the bible but its right there:

Isa 24:19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
Isa 24:20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
Isa 24:21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

Isnt that a perfect description? The earth ��drunk��

So that��s all I got to post on this. Sorry if you��ve read this before on another thread. I guess my point is that the Bible is one remarkable book. Maybe Gods Word is his power? Jesus is called the Word of God. God spoke at the dawn of creation ��Let there be light.�� I simply cant dismiss the Bible when you research and see exactly what has been fulfilled to the exact letter, and finally the length of time it has been around.
Why believe other peoples experiences when its all there in one book? The way I see it is the fulfillment of Gods word must be one of the greatest building blocks of faith next to actually living in the time of Jesus Christ.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Im interested in this stuff because I see it happening in the world today.

I guess I could say its an ego thing, and my life is worth nothing ..

but truth is that after all this crap stuff...we're talking paradise on earth. the man who WALKED on water..stopped storms...raised people from the dead, NEVER judged anyone...loved everyone...spread the truth and glory of God..he will be here in person
Imagine that world please. No war. No disease. No evil! Thats perfection
Kids playing with snakes and not getting hurt, lions eating straw and lying down with lambs. And the devil being locked away for a thousand years. damn that alone would be awesome!

Truth is man will never create his own heaven on earth.

Gods done it once and will shortly do it again

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Why is it that in western civilization we are all so obsessed with death? We let our fear of death runs our lives. "THE END IS NEAR"... so what. Theres not a lot i can do to stop it, so why live the rest of my life fearing death?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Well, for me, it was a phase I went throught.

For a while I was into other peoples end of the world predictions, and had a pretty fatalistic view of the world in general. I find predictions and the use of,and attempt of, a fascinating thing, but learned after thinking the world was going to end on several occasions, that all these things did was serve to bring me down and make me paranoid.

Finally it dawned on me that it was a reflection of my own inner fears. In a way, fear is fun for some on an internal level I think. But people can obsess on it. When I took a role of my own in prediction trying to understand it, I found that it just doesn't work like people think it does.
I think after all of these predictions of the end of the world blow over, like the metoer ones, people are going to learn that its to easy to get caught up in someone elses fear. Because in the end, thats what is going on. IMO.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
But Im not afraid of the end though

Read my last post

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

But Im not afraid of the end though

Read my last post

Wasnt implying you, just in general. Personally, if the end ever does come, I will be ready to meet my maker. I understand that people ESPECIALLY with this meteor topic are really trying to find ways to fit it in with a lot of things.

But I do agree that a lot of things that are believed to be predicted in the bible are happeniing these days, so, on that level, sure. I understand that. But I think its being taken a bit to far. Just my opinion.
People are getting very scared, some anyways, and thats to bad really. Fear isnt all that fun.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It is interesting that this all came out BEFORE the whole Aussie Bloke thing!!!!

lol

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ab2tw
It is interesting that this all came out BEFORE the whole Aussie Bloke thing!!!!

lol

Some of these things, I think that AB used. That was my first impression when i started to read his posts, he picked up several articles from various places and put them all together into a big long story. You know, it would make an AWESOME movie. But I seriously doubt AB is anything but a hoaxer trying to freak people out, and part of the reason its working is because he is mixing a lot of things and then claiming he has seen it and is an astronomer. So its like he is verifying what has already been predicted, only with science...but...where is the science?
He says a lot, but hasn't put forward much. Almost anyone could go research the web, take a bunch of predictions, use annonimity(sp) and say I am a scientist and I see this happening. And could create quite a stir on the internet. Just like AB is doing...

IMO

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeldren
There may be something else behind the interest in the South pole, supposedly scientists stumbled across a time hole which obviously would get the governments attention.

I've heard about that. Also I remember reading about some ancient ruins found there which some people believe to be Atlantis and others Lovecraft's Kadath.

I've read a few prophecies, most of which point to some kind of cataclysmic event, but hasn't that aways been true ? What did happen to Atlantis ? What killed the dinosaurs ? Is it our turn now ?

I've read parts of Revelation and also the Norse stories of 'Ragnorak' (sp) and they seem to be poiting to a radical change in our world. Hopefully the change will be a positive one.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Never forget though that no matter what you have done in your life, God IS MERCIFUL! HE WILL FORGIVE YOU! Thats one of the many glories of God.
Jesus for example died for the sins of the world while the world was still in sin. God loves you even when you sin, and he is longsuffering for us.

All the bad stuff, the tribulation...terrible things going to happen...so bad we couldnt even imagine it.....it is creation itself in pregnancy. To bring forth the sons of God. Jesus compared the end times to a women giving birth. After the tormet comes instant pleasure and ecstacy for a new life.

Its like someone sowing seeds. Every seed gives forth a tree which brings forth fruit. The evil one planted a small seed of evil into the first people ..Adam and Eve..and satan prayed on the weaker of the two..Eve.
So if you think about it..all the evil in the world is from that one small seed. Why does every living person die? Because of that one single seed planted.
There will be massive tribulation, but at the same time a massive harvest..because remeber the end is the critical point...its the point when everything bares fruit...all the seeds planted will bring forth fruit in this age (if this is the end of the age). So although there will be much suffering there will also be much victory. People today only care about money, cars, material stuff. But when the tribulation comes...people will have nothing ..they will have to rely on faith. God will deliver ANYONE who calls on him. And God is a just judge. He judges with wisdom that is not of man.
No one knows the ways of God!!! NO ONE!

This whole thread has slipped into a deep theological debate!!!

Do you want to know God?

Buy a Bible !! And pray!!!

Finally..Jesus said he would NEVER FORSAKE anyone and would be with us even to the END!!

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Life has a begining and always has an end. And as everything it recycle back to the begining and starts all over again.

My point; who in this earth can claim that the same will not happend with humans.

And who in this earth can prove that we will be back to live another live.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join