It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official BTS BSG Competition: The Fifth and Final.

page: 1

join
share:
JAK

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Until the competition result is announced this thread is purely for competition entries only. There should be no need for anyone to accidentally post a 'spoiler'. *

Do you watch Battlestar Galactica?

Do you think you know who the final Cylon model is? We know it's someone in the Colonial fleet. The picture below is said to offer clues:

Can you work out who should be guarded against? Or perhaps you believe you already know.

Here is your chance to give voice to your suspicions, to point the finger of accusation and deliver your prosecution and final judgement ... plus gain a few BTS points along the way.

Tell your fellow BTS'ers who to watch for and why. To encourage your deductive reasoning BTS points will be awarded as follows:

10,000 to first correct entry.

1,000 for each subsequent correct entry.

and to keep member interest peaked despite similar guesses:

10,000 to member who, alongside their correct entry, submits the most detailed explanation of the reasoning behind their conclusion.

Please remember that only one entry is allowed per member and once submitted no entry can be withdrawn so be certain and make it count.

Jak

*Please note:
    This thread is for your one time competition submissions only.

Along with offering my thanks and appreciation to Rasobasi420 for his help with the idea here I would like to point out that general conversation and speculation can be enjoyed in his thread:

*Until the competition result is announced this thread is purely for competition entries only. There should be no need for anyone to accidentally post a 'spoiler'.

[edit on 29/5/08 by JAK]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The picture reminds me of the Last Supper. If we assume that Six (red dress) is the Christ figure, then one Apostle is missing. In the painting, everyone is seated in groups of three, so going by the following, we can deduce that Peter is missing from the picture. The Peter representation is the final model, and is not pictured here.

From left to right, the characters represent the following Apostles, in groups of three:
Bartholomew, James (son of Alpheus), Andrew
Judas, Peter, John
Thomas, James the Greater, Philip
Matthew, Jude Thaddeus, Simon the Zealot

en.wikipedia.org...(Leonardo)

So, my guess would be that the final model is:
Gaeta

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'll start this off with my selection.

I choose President Laura Roslin I think it's the only option at this point actually.

Reasoning:

Not only is she the last 'person' we'd suspect, but she's just so adamant about finding Earth. She's willing to tear the fleet apart if it means meeting that ultimate goal. This is evidenced by her arrest, subsequent escape and the separation of the fleet in the season 2 premier Scattered. In this episode President Roslin and Capt. Lee Adama escape their imprisonment and split the fleet into separate parts. Those loyal to the President, and those loyal to Galactica.

Now it may be argued that Commander Adama played as much a role in that separation as Roslin did, but I'd mention that not only was Cmd. Adama shot by a known Cylon (Boomer), but he also has two known sons. Excluding the 'Flaming Arc' saga from the BSG comic book, Cylons don't have families.

I'd also point out that Roslin's battle with cancer put her directly in the role of 'Dying Leader' as prophesized in the sacred scrolls.

"And the lords anointed a leader to guide the Caravan of the Heavens to their new homeland."

It's known that the Cylons know much about the mythology of the 12 Colonies, and have no problem using it for their own needs. If it was planned by the Cylon God, or whatever powers rule them to take an active role in humanity finding Earth, then it can be presumed that they would also place key figures in their ranks, including the absolute spiritual and political leader.

Another thing I'll point out about Roslin's cancer is that it is recurring. Although magically 'cured' by the blood of Hera Agathon the half Cylon, half human hybrid daughter of Helo and Athena. This was meant to completely cure her of her cancer, but it would also remove her from the role of the dying leader. It stands to reason that the Cylons may have pre-programmed her body to regenerate the cancer in the off chance that it went into remission, or was cured by the human doctors.

My final point is the Opera House. President Roslin, Athena and Number Six all dream the same dream of the Opera House. They dream it as if they were sharing the dream, each with a different role, yet all aware of each other's presence. This seems odd to me that a human (even one with such a prominent role as Roslin) would share a psychic bond with a Cylon. The only other time we've seen anything remotely close to this was when the first 4 of the final 5 heard the same music playing, drawing them closer to each other. That's not to say that it isn't something of a higher power at work, but I see it more evidence of Roslin's true Cylon self.

But then again, maybe that's what they want me to think........

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Wow, ive thunk about it off and on and really cant come to a conclusion who the final is. Although, Baltar mentioned when talking to the Presidents aid (known cylon now) that he heard a menagerie of instruments attempting to "tune up". Kinda like the other 4 heard that drew them to each other. And since Baltar is in Athena's Opera House dream too, Ill Take Guyus Baltar as my pick.

But then again with all his singing now that his leg is gone, Gaeta maybe hearin the music too. TheComte could be right. But ill stick with Baltar. Not much of a dark horse pick, even kinda blatant in your face if he is the last one. Sometimes they try to fool ya, sometimes they hide the forest behind the trees, lol.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Dualla

if anyone looks at the history of this charector they will know why.
she has been able to manipulate alot of people and each time use that to her advantage.

shes the most likely one to be the fifth silon.

also Rasobasi420 highly doubt the president is a silon

if you remember when she had the blood checks and transplants from the hybrid. they clearly stated the gentic structure of the blood of a cylon and Human and the hybrid.

[Snip]

Mod Edit: *Waggles finger Now, now. One entry and one suggestion only. He, he.

[edit on 29/5/08 by JAK]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Rasobasi420 told me to put my money where my mouth is , so here goes. ( I think he told me shut up too)

My first thought is Starbuck and for my long shot it's Adama.

My thoughts are it has to be one of the main characters that leaves me with the two above.

So that is my trillion $ bet. Any takers????

Roper finin' to make a trillion bucks!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'll have Tom Zarek.

I'm surprised no-one else has picked him yet.

He is one of the key figures that tends to stay in the background, and always has a slightly menacing air about him (which, of course, could be intentionally misleading...).

Hey, at least we will be finding out soon.

For those of us in the UK that lag slightly behind viewers in the USA, perhaps care should be taken about spoilers in this thread??

All the best,

Isaac

JAK

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
    This thread is for your one time competition submissions only.

Along with offering my thanks and appreciation to Rasobasi420 for his help with the idea here I would like to point out that general conversation and speculation can be enjoyed in his thread:

*Until the competition result is announced this thread is purely for competition entries only. There should be no need for anyone to accidentally post a 'spoiler'.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My vote is for Adama. Why? Well because it would be the biggest kick to the heiny for all the fans. It would make Apollo one of the first hybrids.. It would give him a major identity crisis, and it would show that their military has been run by 2 cylons.

It is just the sweetest end to me, there's no other explanation.

Well other than the fact that seemingly the people who hate cylons most turn out to BE cylons.. AND he DID allow starbuck to run away with a ship based on a dream she had only to find a whaaat? A base ship.. He's a cylon, I've just convinced myself.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
im going to choose Laura Roslin

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here's my long shot prediction:

ROMO LAMPKIN

He has the typical "sad story" background of a cylon model who doesn't know they are a cylon i.e. parents killed while young and brought up as an orphan. (Recall the 6 talking to Baltar about Boomer before she shot Adama - Season 1)

Has a history of being involved with the Adamas, hated the grandfather but admired and emulated his desire to "learn about the human condition".

Has a propensity to be involved at critical moments having to do with guiding the humans in their political development and a way of "seeing right through them" so to speak.

Cylons/Lawyers - not big leap in the hate department.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm going to go for Cain, I know suicide six shot her but who's to say the final 5 five dont have a few spare bodies lying somewhere.

Plus 3 out of the 4 revealed completley loathed the cylons (not so sure about tory) and Cain wasn't exactly fond of them either.

Perhaps we could see her return.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Is the son of the 6 on board Galactica, a kid made out of 2 Cylons they siad that was not possible...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Is the son of the 6 on board Galactica, a kid made out of 2 Cylons they siad that was not possible...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
ok i'm gona throw in my vote now that the season is at a break so i'm guessing that the final cylon is not anyone we know instead someone they will find on the plannet they are calling earth at the midseason finale.

i'm betting that its gona be something like on the old show when starbuck had a kid and that kid was on the spaceship lateron do you guys know what i'm talking about, anyways another thing i can kinda see happening is a whole adam and eve thingh with the 2 cylon offspring.

but what i really am w8n for is tory getting her ass killed for killing tyrol's wife you know that is coming!
and baltar and six's relationship coming to a final conclusion.

This whole this has happened before and it will happen again things worries me though it feels like they are basically rebuilding and making the same mistakes over and over again.

the gybrid says kara will lead them to their end

but who is she talking about
and to their end could mean destination not death

if that is earth they found well i hope that the apes havent taken over jajajaj

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000
ok i'm gona throw in my vote now that the season is at a break so i'm guessing that the final cylon is not anyone we know instead someone they will find on the plannet they are calling earth at the midseason finale.

I kind of agree with this assertion because we can remember D'anna saying that the final cylon was not within the fleet.

the hybrid's prophecy from razor had me expecting baltar, but something like that would just ease his guilt over the destruction of the 12 colonies and I dont think the writers are going to allow that.

I suspect that starbuck is a clone. I doubt she is a cylon but since she had her egg removed in the farm, I'll bet she is some kind of copy.

There is something we are missing here though. I think there is something alot bigger going on but I think he will have to wait for the series finale to find out what that is.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think the fifth cylon is humanity. Im going to start a thread on why I think this is.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
it was Ellen Tigh.....

And She'd dead.

new topics

top topics

join