It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snapshot of Ghost in Scottish Highlands!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is a story about a photograph a kid took in a castle. You can clearly see the hand of the ghost on the handrails. The picture looks to be legit and it is covered on foxnews.com also.

www.thesun.co.uk...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

You just beat me to it.

Interesting even though The Sun isn't highly credible.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What i find interesting is that foxnews covered it as well. The picture does look legit though. I just thought people would find it an interesting article to read.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That appears to be light reflection...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draconian
That appears to be light reflection...

Can you explain what you mean?

It looks cool to me. I can clearly see four fingers but where is the thumb? What's the history of this castle. Have there been any residents with missing thumbs?

It appears to be the right hand of a ghostly figure. That would mean the apparition is ascending the stairs?

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
just some observations:

the content of the image is blurry which suggests a long exposure time. it's POSSIBLE that this ghost is just a blurred image from a regular person walking down the stairs. assuming that is the case, the transparency of the figure could be explained easily because at some point during the exposure, the railing, stairs, etc were visible for a short time. the figure would be more "solid" in places where there was a more consistent or prolonged obstruction of the stairs, railing etc. i'm not saying this is the case, i'm merely proposing a mundane explanation that happens to be plausible. it could be a ghost. =)

[edit on 28-5-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
There will always be someone who either can not /will not accept the most convincing physical proof of ghosts.

To me, this looks genuine. (that is Personally speaking of course)

Good find

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
just some observations:

the content of the image is blurry which suggests a long exposure time. it's POSSIBLE that this ghost is just a blurred image from a regular person walking down the stairs.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by an0maly33]

I agree totally, but the question we all have to ask ourselves is... which is more probable... A ghost walking down the stairs, or a long exposure photograph...

Sadly this falls into the catergory as most if not all pictures of 'Ghosts' do, Blurry and open to interpretation.

I am not being sceptical for its own sake, I just cant look at the picture and automatically think ghost... It could be a 1000 things, why do we always jump to that conclusion...

I can see the hand though, without details of the environment, lightsources, where there mirrors about... and a whole host of different things its meaningless.

Lets Deny Ignorance and say... its a blurry photo...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
hey its about 15 minutes drive from me...

I wonder if the hotel would let me go take a few pics and a bit of film on the stair case to see what if any thing comes up ?

I'm all up for a ghost hunt !

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Another user posted this very same image earlier.It was at the time chalked up to a bit of Photoshop magic.Its relatively easy to accomplish this affect using a few simple tricks.Though that being said, I'm wondering if the family sent this picture in for analysis.Without a professional opinion, I'm still skeptical.To the pictures credit it is a very convincing,even should it turn out to be a hoax ^~^.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Dan Tanna, that'd be awsome if they did.
I'd really like to know more about how the fellow took the shot. Try for recreation, with the long exposure.
I'm betting on fake. i'm a skeptic, can't help it. Want it be real, in a way, but i've seen several fakes.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yeah i'm up for this.

Ill give them a call see what they say - Heck i'd love to just try to recreate a long exposure shot on the stair well.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This looks like another 'Tulip Staircase' type image capture to me. Blurring is suggesting of a very real person walking down the stairs.

new topics

top topics

join