It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-ATS points?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
somehow... and i don't know where or when it happened, i lost 1000 ATS points bringing me to the -600+ that I am at.

can anybody please give me an explanation as to why i lost 1000 ATS points?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Did you purchase anything from the ATS store to customize your avatar?

Peace

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Did you make two inappropriate comments?
Check your U2U messages.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i didn't purchase anything, and but i did leave a comment the mods thought were inapporpriate, but just one, not two!

1000 points is too much for something that didn't even have one curse word in it. i substituted to be nice!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Must've been a really good one.

What did you say?

..just kidding, don't repeat it.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
i didn't purchase anything, and but i did leave a comment the mods thought were inapporpriate, but just one, not two!

1000 points is too much for something that didn't even have one curse word in it. i substituted to be nice!

I found 2. One recently and one from last month.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
some guy said something completely hypocritical and it blew my lid off. i didn't insult him using any profanity, i substituted words, replacing curses with things like beach ball and stink shack.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
so there were 2, for the first one i lost like 200 points, and for this one i lose 1000?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

Well you know what Dalton's 3rd rule for the Double-Duece was, right? "Be Nice."

"What if somebody were to call my mom a %$#@?"

Dalton first says, "Is she?" Then he says, "Be Nice."

I couldn't resist, sorry.

AAC

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't see any negative points...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
you brought me to 0?
if i was an idiot i'd say 'that's not fair! bring me back to 600', or 'you think that's just? you animal!'
well i might be an idiot, but i'm not stupid enough for something like that...

thanks!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Try this....

Get as many points as possible!!! Stack em up high so that when you do get warned, 1000 pts is like a slap on the wrist. But you have to post really well, and be cordial for a while. Then, you're allowed to blow your lid once or twice.

I think I've gotten 2 warns in my time here, and I think both were totally worth it.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I don't mean to start this thread again, I just have a question about my resetted ATS points. For some reason, all posts, no matter their length, only give me +1. Is this some sort of punishment? I feel like an ATS newbie with such a low number.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I think there's some sort of multiplication effect for how many posts you make.

Like once you reach 100 points it goes up to +2, that sort of thing.

p.s; there are members who signed up in 2004 and 5 who only have a few hundred points, so i wouldn't worry about it, unless of course you're trying to beat someone you know.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
you brought me to 0?
if i was an idiot i'd say 'that's not fair! bring me back to 600', or 'you think that's just? you animal!'
well i might be an idiot, but i'm not stupid enough for something like that...

thanks!

Dude, this is a perfect example of why you get penalized, LOL!

Elevatordung was just having fun with you and you almost went sky high again.

Tip:

[edit on 6-6-2008 by jbondo]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I feel like an ATS newbie with such a low number.

You are a newbie... just registered couple months ago.

Why not try Tinwiki or posting in the Alt News Forum? You can get thousands of points very quickly.. then you can go shopping.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You always get 1 point for every post you make.

reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

No

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You know what, I have a concern as well.

I know I'll have to re-read the part that talks about how points are accumulated here because there is one thing I have noticed that has changed for me.

I don't know what happened, I sure hope I didn't piss off a mod or something, but I know whenever I've posted a comment in the past sometimes my points would increase by 10 points. I was led to believe this was because someone had given me a star for a previous comment.

Basically what I noticed: 1 point per post, someone gives you a star, you get 10 points next time you post.

Fair enough, but for the past two weeks I've noticed that even though I may still get occasional stars for previous comments, my points only increment by 1.

So it seems for the last two weeks or so, I've been puttering along with a point per post.

How can I find out if a mod has it out for me?

Did I get penalized without getting warned?

Can I apply for ATS welfare?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Dont feel bad- I have negative BTS points, so now I am wondering if it was the color I purchased or if I said something bad. So, do you get notified if you say something bad? I am chronically a smart-butt, so I need a warning, ya know?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

The points system is done automatically by the program.

Aside from having tnhe capability of detracting a specific amount of points (i.e. 500 for a warn) and being award a specific amount of points (i.e. Applause), we as Mods cannot affect the amount of points a member can get.

I am not exactly sure what you have noticed in regards to how many points you are receiving for each post because I do not know your posting habits, but I can assure you that

There is not a Mod who has it out for you.

You did not get penalized without getting warned. Indeed, the point of a penalty is to direct attention to the undesirable behaviour and begin a collaborative effort with the member so that it doesn't happen again. We always discuss matters with a member when action needs to be taked.

And ATS Welfare requires a series of forms to be filled out and submitted with electronic signatures.

You can find those forms in between the last two posts of this thread...

top topics

join