It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-cola's Dasani : Fresh water?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Sorry, but I think you are all a bunch of boneheads. Sodium is put into drinks because your body absorbs water faster that has sodium in it - which helps to cool you down faster.

OH HELL YEAH!
So I can drink all the sea water I want when I'm thirsty and I won't dehydrate and die? I'll remember that next time I'm out surfing and need a drink. Ain't no need for name calling.

What, are you a plant from Coca Cola Corp or something?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I knew someone like you would come around and say something like that. Sodium in MODERATE amounts is good for water absorption. Look at the facts before jumping to conclusions. Go look at the contents of Gatorade and Powerade for that matter.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
And no, I don't work for Coca Cola. But I do look at the FACTS behind a product before I use it. Research what a product is before labeling it BS.

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
water is suppose to be free, dot.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Of course it's supposed to be, but is the water you're drinking from your faucet "pure"? You're going to spend money either way for "pure" water. You can buy a filter to filter your own water, or you can buy pre-bottled filtered water. Hell, you're paying for the water that comes into your house (unless you are on a well, even then, you still pay for the electricity to pump it). Now that I think of it, drinking water isn't free at all (unless someone gives you the water to drink).

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The best tasting water shouldn't have a taste at all.
Some friends of mine have a reverse-osmosis system at their house and the water doesn't taste like anything. You hardly know that your drinking it, it is that tasteless!
Best water I have ever had. I mean ever!

The system is called Kinetico.

I think it's supposed to be pretty expensive though. If you have the money it is definitely worth it. I'd have it, but living in an apartment might make it difficult.

And yes, I have also noticed that Aquafina tastes different now. You're not going to believe this, but as I was typing that, an Aquafina commercial came on the t.v. wierd

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Of course pure water has no taste. Dasani has a taste because they (Coca-Cola) do add certain minerals to give it a distinct flavor and some of those minerals are very important for your body. Dasani taste very good.
It's subtle, never over-powering. And of course I also like water that has no taste, what one would call pure water (nothing but dihydrogen monoxide). Coca-Cola doesn't claim Dasani to be anything more than it is: Pure filtered water using the reverse osmosis process with added minerals for taste and for your body (not their exact tagline, but close).

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Of course pure water has no taste. Dasani has a taste because they (Coca-Cola) do add certain minerals to give it a distinct flavor and some of those minerals are very important for your body. Dasani taste very good.
It's subtle, never over-powering. And of course I also like water that has no taste, what one would call pure water (nothing but dihydrogen monoxide). Coca-Cola doesn't claim Dasani to be anything more than it is: Pure filtered water using the reverse osmosis process with added minerals for taste and for your body (not their exact tagline, but close).

Do you work for Coca-cola or something man!! The fact is they don't care about customer satisfaction. They just want people to like the taste and want more afterwards, like all other coca-cola products. We have already discussed the fact that the water isn't even refreshing due to it's ingredients. It's a con, don't buy that junk!

EDIT: Oh yeh and welcome back Infinite! Nice to see you've returned man!

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by earthtone]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Maybe in you opinion it's a con. But its still the purest water on the market. It doesn't come from some imaginary spring like every other water on the market - its just pure tap water filtered to perfection, with added minerals. If you compare Dasani with other brands of bottled water, it has just about the same ingredients, except it doesn't say it comes from a spring like every other brand. If I worked for Coca-Cola I sure as hell would be making some type of money, but I don't. Compare waters and where they actually come from before making your judgement on them. As I've said before, Coca-Cola doesn't claim Dasani to be ANYTHING other than what it is. Look on a damn bottle of Dasani for God's sake - it plainly says it is regular water purified using the reverse osmosis treatment. Every other type of bottled water claims to come from some spring, when in reality it is regular water that isn't even purified, and of course, minerals are added to it. Penn and Teller even did an episode of "Bullsh!t" about the bottled water companies. Anyways, I like Dasani, and I'll reiterate, there are no claims about it that it is something other than it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Heres a link about bottled water and its contaminants:

Pure drink or Pure hype?

I was kind of surprised that arsenic and nitrate were on the contaminants list.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
on this show called ben and teller Bullsh*t they were saying how aqaufina and dasani are corporate crap and only there to make money

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
And did you notice that Dasani isn't on the list? Also, did you notice that most of those are so called "spring" water and that they don't actually come from springs? Every thing on that list probably comes from the tap and the ones that say "filtered" aren't really filtered. Go read about Reverse Osmosis - I've already supplied the links.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I buy bottles water for when I'm out, and don't want to spend $1.50 on a bottle of Aquafina. The damn university is basically owned by Pepsi, so that's basically all you can get there.
And I don't want to drink tap water at work. It smells, not to mentions tastes like crap.
When I visit my parents I always bring back water. The water they've got is great.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I've heard the Dasani water shipped to Britain is filtered tap water while the Dasani in America goes through fine purification machines developed by NASA before bottling it.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Jeffrey, are you even reading what I'm saying? Go read up on what Reverse Osmosis is, look at the links I have supplied. That is exactly how Dasani is filtered, it says right on the bottle!
I have even been to their Tokyo bottling plant in Japan - I have seen the process done myself! Almost all manufacturing companies in Japan are willing to give tours to people, many of them already have tours set up for tourists. Ever hear of quality control? Well, Coca-Cola, like most companies, should have the same quality control measures for all of their plants, in all countries. Quality control is there so that no matter where you are in the world, the product always taste the same. I like Dasani, and I will argue for a product that I like and that some people are trying to give a bad wrap because they read "such and such" on a website. I have access to a water treatment facility through family and I can go and get results (through the use of their particulate matter separation instruments - can't remember the exact name at the moment) of the constituents that make up Dasani and post them here.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What is messed up is we(my friends and i) use this same water for our bubbler when we smoke.

this same size bottle and everything, haha i guess thats kinda bogus of us to support them..

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boombye

this same size bottle and everything, haha i guess thats kinda bogus of us to support them..

It certainly is, I'mnot sure why Embryonic is trying to defend them so much! How can salt be a natural in fresh water?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Salt is in all forms of water, fresh or salt water. It's just not as prevalent in fresh water. And if you read any of my post you would know why I'm defending Coca-Cola's Dasani, I like the damn stuff! And I don't like people trying to give a bad name to a product that I know the reasoning behind and the function of. Again, if you had read my post, sodium chloride (salt) is put in almost all beverages (in minimal amounts) - especially drinks used to quench your thirst. When salt in the proper amounts is mixed in a beverage, it has the opposite effect of what you would think, your body absorbs the liquid faster! What does that mean? Your thirst is quenched faster! And as I have said before, Gatorade and Powerade, and all those "sports" thirst quenching drinks have the same constituents of what amounts to your own urine - they have salt in them (just like 95% of drinks) and many other added minerals. Now, lets say you were to put salt in a drink and have the salt compose about 5-10% of your drink, you'd definately get dehydrated. The salt put in thirst quenching drinks (and others) is sometimes a little over 1% or a little under 1%. Anyways, read my previous post before commenting on me, thank you.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Coca-Cola and Pepsi used to distribute local water before they realized they actually had the materials to do it themselves. They already had the bottles and the water. 2+2=4, right? Anyhow, as I remember it, Dasani actually came out before Aqua Fina back in 1996, but not by much.

[Edited on 01/13/04 by kramtronix]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Of course, but Dasani is probably the only bottled water that actually tells you where it comes from (it's all tap, they don't say that literally) and how it's filtered and that they add the minerals to it. Just about all other bottled waters say they come from some spring but if you look at where they were bottled, they certainly weren't bottled at their so called spring!
90% of bottled waters have traces of arsenic and other harmful elements and compounds and thats because they aren't filtered, they come straight from a "spring," ground water, or the good old faucet of some third world country with a poor water treatment system. Dasani on the other hand is filtered (I have seen the process at a Coca-Cola plant myself, as I have mentioned, in Tokyo, Japan) using reverse osmosis (expensive process but its the best way to filter water without having to boil it and recondense the steam that is evaporating, which is usually even more expensive - 99% of contaminants are removed using reverse osmosis). I have already mentioned why they add the salt and other minerals, so I will not continue to explain myself. Anyone who post on this thread from now on, please read everything I have said previously (for those who haven't, and for those who have, read my post again and understand them) before posting a response to me.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join