It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-cola's Dasani : Fresh water?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Dasani is not quite pure Tap water- it is put through RO (reverse osmosis) which basically removes every impurity in the water. Then their "secret blend" of minerals is added for flavor ( I have heard this is based on NY's adirondack drinking water)

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Their 'secret ingredient' is sodium, keeps people thirsy and wanting more of the junk. Regardless of any claimed 'purification' I think it goes to show the low quality of goods that all these horrible mulit-national companys produce.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ah man... Can't believe I fell for this...

I actually thought their water (Dasani) tasted good...
Must be all that brain damage.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Look on the back of the bottle. It has a list of ingredients. One of which is salt. They're trying to get you addicted to water.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

I actually thought their water (Dasani) tasted good...
Must be all that brain damage.

LOL! I wouldn't be suprised. They would give their customers brain damage if they thought it would boost sales.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If you want a nice tap water filter for the kitchen, get a PUR water tap filter. They are good for about 100 gallons and tates great! The company usually gives the buyer a free replacement filter as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
If you want a nice tap water filter for the kitchen, get a PUR water tap filter. They are good for about 100 gallons and tates great! The company usually gives the buyer a free replacement filter as well.

I've actually really got the urge to but a water filter after this thread.

I'm going to get a glass of water!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I really don't see why people always makes link with bottled water and home water filter.

THe only time I'll buy bottled water, is when I'm out of home...

???

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I really don't see why people always makes link with bottled water and home water filter.

THe only time I'll buy bottled water, is when I'm out of home...

Well some people would say that water from the tap is not good so they buy bottled water all the time.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Heck now they even sell compressed air in little canisters. I guess it's used to "blow" your keyboard,

A nice vindaloo and four pints of Guinness and you can make your own compressed air.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Well some people would say that water from the tap is not good so they buy bottled water all the time.

Yeah...I guess that makes sense...

Hell, I'd prefer drinking tap water than always buying bottle water with the crazy prices they charge for it...It's so stupid. It's more expensive than gas.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Remember this e-mail that went around a while back?

Diet Snapple 16oz for $1.29 = $10.32 per gallon
Ice Tea 16oz for $1.19 = $9.52 per gallon
Gatorade 20oz for $1.59 = $10.17 per gallon
Ocean Spray 16oz for $1.25 = $10.00 per gallon
Pint of milk 16oz for $1.59 = $12.72 per gallon
Vick's Nyquil 6oz for $8.35 = $178.13 per gallon
Pepto Bismol 4oz for $3.85 = $123.20 per gallon
Whiteout 7oz for $1.39 = $25.42 per gallon
Scope 1.5oz for $0.99 = $84.48 per gallon

Evian water 9oz for $1.49 = $21.19 per gallon

$21 dollars a gallon! How many gallons do you estimate that you use per day between showers, flushing the toilet, brushing teeth, etc?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think Coke already contains coc aine, I know that it used to be a main ingredient, it became illegal, and was thus not used as much, but there are still some small traces of coc aine in Coke as we speak. Back in college chemistry, we actually tested for traces of coc aine.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey

Am I missing something here? How do you get a free filter???
I've been using PUR for years.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I think Coke already contains coc aine, I know that it used to be a main ingredient, it became illegal, and was thus not used as much, but there are still some small traces of coc aine in Coke as we speak. Back in college chemistry, we actually tested for traces of coc aine.

Are you sure IKN? Because I usually don't go get a coke right after I've finished the first one. Sometimes I don't even finish a whole bottle. If it was ANYTHING like coke, I would be drinking it all day. Through my experience as a teen, I would have to say that drinking coke, and snorting a fat gator of coke are nothing alike in terms of the effects.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post, BUT:

Did anyone else hear that little piece of propaganda that went around a while ago that you should NOT reuse empty water bottles. Apparently bacteria breed on the rim and you may get sick.

Sounds to me like someone wants to make sure you buy more than one bottle of pure, refreshing dasani/aquafina/naive (naive:evian, I like that, 's funny).

BTW, thanks for leaching off my posts fellas (earthtone, NTH. This means you) j/k.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have noticed that aquafina seems to taste really odd now. I used to drink it all the time, up until recently. It gave me a really wierd feeling, so I gave it up.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Sorry, but I think you are all a bunch of boneheads. Sodium is put into drinks because your body absorbs water faster that has sodium in it - which helps to cool you down faster. All of your gatorades and powerades have the ingredients of what amounts to your own urine. Your body absorbs these liquids faster with these type of ingredients.

Also, here is how the reverse osmosis process works:
urila.tripod.com...

Dasani is as pure as water can get, but it still should not be marketed as "pure" because they do add extra minerals and such. Still, it is the best tasting water I have had. At least it doesn't say it comes from one of those false springs. Reverse osmosis is also used on ships and in some desalinization plants to create pure water from seawater, it is an expensive process. So that's probably why Coca Cola sells it at that price. Reverse osmosis is a much faster way to purify water then to boil it and then recondense the steam back into water.

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Here is some more good info for reverse osmosis,
urila.tripod.com...

And probably the best guy to explain it, Marshall Brain!

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
One more thing, Dasani is the only marketed water product I can drink that actually quenches my thirst. Well, that and Gatorade. Soda pop doesn't quench thirst, it's not made to. Filtered tap water can quench thirst to. Chlorinated tap water (which is 90-95% of America now) isn't very good at quenching a person's thirst.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join