It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-cola's Dasani : Fresh water?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Coca-Cola have launched their own brand of bottled water in the U.K: Dasani. Coca say...

Pure, still water, state of the art osmosis process

Reading about today...

"The UK product comes at a designer price of 95p for 500ml and is sold in bright blue bottles suggesting idyllic fresh water scenes.

Thames Water, however, which supplies water to the 7 million water purification and bottling plant in Sidcup, charges its customers just 0.0316p per 500ml."

So actually this is not fresh water, rather tap water supplied from Thames Water. Nice try corperate whores. I can get 500ml of the same stuff from a tap for nothing instead of the designer price of 95p! So I just thought I would give all ATS users in the U.K a heads up about this junk.

Internet Source: www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Dasani was introduced in America some time ago with the charge of increasing the Coca Cola brands portion of "share of stomach" --- that is literally the marketing strategy.

I guess we're seeing the move to get more of UK's stomachs as well now.

I used to work with Coke some in Atlanta. In my book on the corporate morality scale, they're on par with Big Tobacco.

The biggest fish in the pond tend to be the bottom feeders.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think Dasani tastes weird. As does Aquafina now.
I wouldn't buy it, earthtone, just because of the taste. And you've found other reasons not to, as well.
I use a lot of bottled water, normally just no name stuff. It tastes the best, and it's cheapest.
A bottle of Dasani costs $1.50 here. Too much, IMO.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yea, as stated before RANT, it's been in the U.S. for awhile, and yes it's basically tap water, well maybe somewhat filtered tap water. Dasni and Aquafina are basically corporations trying to capitalize on water. Which in my opinion, should be FREE.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I decided to boycott McDonald's back in 1996 after I asked for a 'Big Mac' and the doofus behind the counter said 'What, is that a burger?'.

I also boycotted Shell (English petrolium company) after repeated trips to my local garage to find that they were out of Super Unleaded.

I am now adding Coca-Cola (and all of their derivatives) to that list.

I'll tell you something, this won't be as easy as it sounds. Those twats own so much these days....

B

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I just go with the cheap stuff.... As much as I hate paying for bottled water, I just chalk it up to paying for the container... The stuff I buy averages about 30 cents a bottle, so that isn't bad...and the portability factor is worth it...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
*chugging from a bottle of Aquafina*

mmmm tastes good,

I don't like tap water. I just discussed last night with my gal, about buying a water fileter for the house.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I never bought into this whole bottled water craze..never saw the point.

I have a filter on my faucet and I use that. It's a lot cheaper in the long run, plus I never have to run to the grocery store and stay on long lines when a hurricane threatens..I just fill my own containers.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Theres Dasani in america too because i have a bottle right here.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What coca cola needs to do is start putting coccain back in there product.

I can guarantee that it would increase profit for the company and satisfy it's paying customers appetite for some good old fashion drugs.

Too bad its illegal to posses coke

I think I need to start my own little country where americans can go to relax every once in a while for some good ole coke!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's amazing to me the multi-billion dollar industry of one of the most readily available things on this earth, water.

Heck now they even sell compressed air in little canisters. I guess it's used to "blow" your keyboard, I've never used it.

I should start selling bottled dirt.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I boycott ALL bottled water. Since I heard about Ice Mountain (a division of Nestle) in Michigan. Buy a filter for your tap, but don't further multinational causes.

waterissweet.org...

I would think there is a good chance that other multinationals are trying to steal the water out from other states???????????

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Check the ingredients on that bottle of Dasani next time. Notice something weird?

Yeah it contains sodium, it's water that makes you thirsty. Absolute marketing genius!!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This whole bottled water fiasco some of you will be pleased to know is seriously damaging the the Coca-Cola Company's reputation in this country.

The Food Standards Agency in the UK are investigating because of the claim of "pure still water" written on the bottle how can it be 'pure' if it goes through chemical treatment!!

I love the quote of the 'Reverse osmosis' technique - what the hell is that?

More here
Coca-Cola Shame

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Check the ingredients on that bottle of Dasani next time. Notice something weird?

Yeah it contains sodium, it's water that makes you thirsty. Absolute marketing genius!!

HA! I always knew something wasn't right with Dasani. Like parrhesia says it has an odd taste. Keep an eye on ingredients in water, kids. There should be some kind of regulations on the filtering process perhaps or something to make sure the water remains pure.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
here in northern Ohio there are billboards advertising...

are you ready for this...

Powdered Water !!!

Have any of you guys heard of this or tried it ?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I was pretty bent when I saw a consumer alert that MOST bottled waters were actually tap water.

Just paying way too much for a name and unrecycled petroleum products. That's capitalism, for ya!

DC

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Evian : Naive

Who needs bottled water when you've got Root beer?

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Dasani in the States is definitely tap water, too. it's Detroit city tap water, as a matter of fact. (although that added sodium thing...that must be added at Dasani's plant, because tap water doesn't have sodium added.) granted, Detroit's tap water (in contrast to most other things in the city) is very good, but it's most certainly tap water.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Apparently, they are pretty hot over there in Britain regarding their new "tap-water" product.

Reuters

The recipe for Coca-Cola is a jealously guarded secret but the main ingredient for Coke's new British drink couldn't be more transparent - London tap water.

Coca-Cola Company spokesperson Judith Snyder said on Tuesday that Dasani, Coke's attempt to tap into Britain's 1-billion-a-year bottled water market, took its raw material from the water mains in Sidcup, South-East London.

But British newspapers greeted Dasani with derision. The Daily Mail fumed at "How Coca-Cola is selling water from the tap at 95 pence (about R11) a bottle," while the Times said archly: "It's the real thing... Coke's tap water from Sidcup".

Newspapers contrasted the 95 pence cost of a half-litre bottle of Dasani with that of mains supplier Thames Water, which charges customers 0,03 pence for same amount.

In the United States, Dasani, which launched in 1999, is the second-best seller in the bottled water market, after Aquafina, another purified water product, Snyder said. Aquafina is made by arch rival the Pepsi-Cola Company.

www.iol.co.za...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join