It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cincinnati Man Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison for Raping Sleepwalker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

CINCINNATI — A homeless man in Cincinnati accused of attacking a woman who appeared to be sleepwalking has pleaded guilty to charges of rape and felonious assault and has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Sourcewww.foxnews.com...

The story says that he is HIV positive.

My question is that why has he not been charged with attempted murder?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
10 years seems a rather light sentence for what he did. As you said, he should be charged with attempted murder as well since he has potentially infected her with the HIV virus.

It's sickening how many of these criminals get off or receive reduced charges because the claim their mentally retarded or mentally ill. If they're that dangerous they should be put somewhere where they aren't a danger to others in society.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Homeless, Rapist, HIV Positive.

To me that spells the definition of useless

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]

Just too funny. The greatest punishment that guy could receive is being on the streets homeless.

To admit to a crime, whether he did it or not, is taking a step up. Now he has free housing, three meals a day, clean clothes, and medical benefits.
Useless?

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by sanctum]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]
I'm sure there are plenty of homeless in San Diego. Why not quit spewing, take your lead pipe and go to work?

Oh, that's right!

1. 50 guys with knives, tree branches, chains, and such against 1 lead pipe. Sheesh, they might get scared! I wouldn't count on it, though. They've been known to throw beer bottles at the police just to get a night to 3 days off the street.

2. It is much easier to sit behind a computer screen and talk, than go out prove yourself wrong. Seriously, you have to have some experience or do some research before you start pegging people with names. Ignorance of their lives, their conditions, the reason for their actions, etc., makes for mistakes.

This guy may be a bum, he may be HIV positive, he may even be guilty, he's still a human being.

Think about this. In the 1940's only a Nazi would determine the worth of a person, in the 1950's only the communist would determine the worth of human being. In the 1960's many American said the hippies were the most useless pieces of (fill in the blank).

Hello? History is talking to you!

3. Finally, you might find yourself looking from the inside of those bars for a felony assault. When you consider the economic outlook, and the possibility of a depression, you might learn first hand about things you'd rather not know.

God help you if you think you'd change them. More likely they'd go Kimbo Slice on yo'az.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by sanctum]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
He probably plea-bargained to get the lighter sentence. I would imagine that was a charge in the beginning, but maybe they offered a deal so he would plea guilty instead of going throught the jury trial.

I just re-read the article and am making an edit to add:

Looks like it was never on the table for attempted murder. Maybe he only found out about the HIV after he was arrested. If he didnt know he had it there would be no attempted murder. I mean, the homeless dont get their annual blood screening from a Dr, so it is possible.

My daughter sleep walks. She will come into my room talking to me with her eyes open while she is awake, and I almost cant tell she is sleeping. She did it several times before I realized she was, but now I recognize it because she doesnt make any sense when she is talking.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by raven bombshell]

top topics

join