It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual dream.... looking for insight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wonder if there are any dream interpreters out there. I have had a recuring dream since I was young, not as much as of lately. The worst part of the dream is that it's not your typical dream of people, places, things. It consists of a black void with random pathways that I can compare to like electrical paths with no wires. In this dream there is a calming feeling as this strange existance follows a rhythm shooting electrical like charges along these pathways, but it takes all my focus to maintain this rhythm. If the focus is lost this void becomes chaotic and a sense of panic comes until you can once again find balance. I appologize as it is difficult to explain something that doesn't make sense.

The worst part is I woke up after one of these dreams and I realized what it all meant. I thought about it for some time thinking I should be able to remember then went back to sleep. I woke up remembering the dream, and that I figured out what it meant, but the answer had slipped back into my unconcious leaving me without an answer yet again.

Anyone else have a similar experience or offer their insight?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
No one has even a guess on the meaning? .... or a direction I can go to maybe find an answer?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Im no dream interpreter as such. But your dream is almost analogous to how the brain functions. When you focus, your brain waves slow down and move in a regular rhythm. I think shifting you into the alpha state. Youre calm and youre able to engage in longer neural pathways and higher thought associated with the frontal cortex.
However, loss of focus may disrupt the regular rhythm. You said there is a sense of panic. Well fear is associated with the amygdala (part of the limbic system).
My own belief is that fear causes the brain to draw on lower hierarchy functions with shorter pathways.

I'm not too sure how this will help you find an answer. But maybe it will explain what youre brain is doing while youre dreaming.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback. I like the logic behind your answer. I was hoping that someones guess or interpretation would trigger the meaning that got buried in my subconscious. I do remember that when I figured it out I was thrilled. Guess next time I'll have to write it down before going back to sleep. :bnghd:

new topics

top topics

join