How Long Do You think We Have?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
"How Long Do We Have"

I do believe that we are living in the calm before the storm.

With Isreal makeing advanced preparations in taking out Iranian nuclear facilities...The North Koean terrorist status recinded...and a host of other economic and military "happenings"...IMHO is the gear up for the big game.

We (speaking as an American) have always had our share of corrupt, self serving and dishonest politicians. The difference in past cases it that their "skullduggery" was usually cloaked in the shadows of darkness. At no other time (please help me out history majors) that i have seen or read about, have the abuses been so blantant and open. This is why I do believe that we have 6 months tops. To be so blantant would mean that the wheels are in motion for whtever the end plan is. The wheels that can not be stopped...or slowed for that matter.

As have been said by many, and more knowledable folks than I, preparation is the key. As for running into the woods...my little 3 bedroom suburban palace is what i have...and what I will defend to the death, as well as the Mrs. and my boys.

Have I been met with sceptisism...yes....have they taken a few seconds and actually wondered if I was correct on the assumptions put forth by many of us ATSers....I hope so.

But in the end...if it is a slow ride to the end of the trail...or a big bang...everyone here should take a little solice in knowing that even Paul Revere couldn't alert everybody to the comming invasion.

If it happens tomorrow...God bless to all of you (Ill be in Wyoming doing my part)...keep your head down and your powder dry.

Just thinking out loud

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If the housing/credit crisis does not let up within the next year then we are in real trouble. It is one of the reasons (but not the sole one) why the dollar is at record lows, and without a stronger dollar, oil will just keep going up.

We are poised on the edge of the new great depression and unless something is done soon, like yesterday, then it is going to make the last one look like a walk in the park.

Obama or McCain will not end the Iraq war, economic necessity will. We are the decline of American power, and it probably won't be coming back.

Rome burns and instead of fiddling, the president struggles to make coherent sentences.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
There's some sort of new rumor going around about an attack on the u.s. on july 4th that could vaporize D.C. Anyone heard anything about that? Guess it's that time of year...always New Years or the 4th it seems.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Remember, Rome didn't fall in a day. And the more I look at it, the more America is looking like Rome. It took a while to topple over, but sure enough...it took Europe damn near 500 years to recover, with staggering loss of life before, during, and after. Remember- the post apocalyptic world won't arrive in one deft stroke. You have to survive the intervening years.

DE

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
We are far more vulnerable on the 4th. More Americans are out and about that weekend than the New year. (and they enjoy eating those foul hot dogs?)

I would avoid putting a time down. No man knows the time. Just be satisfied you are a bit more prepared than the next guy........

An intellectual from the EU sparked a conversation related to this the other day, and how everyone seems to feel in their gut that something big is coming down the pipe. His response is what if we are being manipulated to feel this way via electronic or other means as some sort of bizarre test. The knowledge being used to conquer other nations at a later date?

The way he said it was sort of chilling, but there are a ton of other angles no one has explored yet. We can only watch and perceive changes in the actions of average people as a sort of open ended gauge.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

Lose the canned goods, they weigh to much. Get a food dehydrator and make stuff with it. It will be a lot lighter that way.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

that is chilling and nothing i and probably many others haven't thought of and considered before. it's almost blantantly obvious in the way the government can outright lie to us and people just refuse to see and how media, which is becoming more pervasive by the second, an spin us backwards, forwards, and any which way they want, and how few even bother to discuss or even think about that and its ramifications.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DeusEx

What killed some many folks after the slow collapse of the Roman Empire was a 400 year cooling of the Earth's climate not the actual collapse of the Roman Empire. Most folks back then were very glad to have the Romans off their neck,

Everyone blames the war in Iraq for the weakened dollar, how about a century of foreign military adventurism in the name of corporate greed? How about covert military spending to the tune of $2+ trillion over the last 50 years? That's larger than the federal deficit. That's money down one fat rabbit's hole that we'll never see again. Perhaps a small depression is exactly what the US needs to kick out the chickenhawk NeoCons or NeoLibs who prefer to poke their nose if other folk's trouble while letting the country's infrastructure fall to pieces. Or ignores the burgeoning revolution in Mexico?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I got this email today. Read it and the answer to your question becomes painfully obvious. Not long.

HOW LONG DO WE HAVE?

This is the most interesting thing I've read in a long time. The sad thing about it, you can see it coming.

I have always heard about this democracy countdown. It is interesting to see it in print. God help us, not that we deserve it.

How Long Do We Have?

About the time our original thirteen states adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:

'A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.'

'A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.'

'From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.'

'The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years'

'During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:

1. from bondage to spiritual faith;

2. from spiritual faith to great courage;

3. from courage to liberty;

4. from liberty to abundance;

5. from abundance to complacency;

6. from complacency to apathy;

7. from apathy to dependence;

8. from dependence back into bondage'

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join