It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony to end the age of cable boxes for 2 way communication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sony has reached an agreement that has further given everyone clear evidence that the government wants to control everything.
By reaching a deal with the big 6 cable networks Sony has decided to intergrate "two way" technology into modern T.V.'s.."Sweet" you say....?? Well lets look at this First it was Radio,then T.V. then color then analog then digital now H.D. The only free way to recieve.."free" being the key word here was radio and old analog broadcast. Then the up grade to digital and now the up grade to H.D. but with all the old system's you could get a black filter to access programing. Now with intergrated "two way" looks like they are ever so moving use into a force profit purchase society. Not to mention that with intergrated "two way" Sony could very easy put a micro camera behind a lcd screen that would broadcast what we are doing right in our own home...Just food for thought looks like all my black cards are going to be garbage soon....oh well.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Wow 1984 is here 24 years late but its finally here!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
so who's going to monitor the millions of little cameras?

i suspect this is more along the lines of guaranteeing they get paid for their services. cable theft is still pretty widespread. the other thing is viewing metrics. which shows are the most popular? what time slots get the most viewing in general? what channels seem to be the most popular? etc..

i really doubt surveillance is part of the plan. draconian policies on how/when you watch tv and how you pay for it? sure. i'll let you have that one. =)

join