It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the NWO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

We can't drive our SUVs and, you know, eat as much as we want and keep our homes on, you know, 72 degrees at all times, whether we're living in the desert or we're living in the tundra, and then just expect every other country is going to say OK."

External Source

Obama's implication is that personal freedoms as basic as keeping yourself warm when you live in the "tundra" or cool if you live in the "desert", and how much you eat are a subject to be reviewed and judged by the central government.

The N.W.O. has sent Barrack Hussein Obama as the anointed savior. Their plan is so effective that people are cheering the prospects of giving up their standard of living to dare I say "appease" other countries.

People cheer their approval as the N.W.O has slowly, but surely, taken over monitoring every aspect of their lives. Soon you will be subject to government agencies monitoring how much you drive, what food you eat, and what your thermostat is set to.

(By the way google Obama's quote... many media outlets, long complicit in the N.W.O. plans, deleted the "tundra" and "desert" part of the quote. They're trying to memorialize Obama's statement as more reasonable than it really is.)

[edit on 28-5-2008 by jamie83]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Obama might also be saying....

"You serfs will be crammed into buses while we elites get to fly around in our air-conditioned private airplanes."

Obama and his unknowing followers are going to usher in a new feudal age should he win the presidency and gain majority support in congress.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

"You serfs will be crammed into buses while we elites get to fly around in our air-conditioned private airplanes."

I didn't even think of the hypocrisy of his statement. I'm sure his thermostat isn't set so he's breaking out in a sweat in the summer or shivering in the winter. I'm also guessing his entourage of SUVs isn't going to be shown on the evening news anytime soon.

And I'll bet a million bucks that Obama and his family aren't eating leftovers for dinner.

Typical elitist hypocrisy.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hm, from the way I read it, sounds like he's being rather sarcastic at the general archetype of "American" values (i.e. SUVs, McDonalds Burgers, and thermostat slaves). I personally don't think it sounds the least bit like political/elite hypocrisy. But, it's clear you're not a fan of Obama. I guess when he ushers in the "new fuedal state" (as you put it), I'll be sitting on a huge plot of land and not starving while your "master" is "cracking the whip".

Serious LOLs.

Edit: Context/Spelling

[edit on 29-5-2008 by akabetty]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Obama and his unknowing followers are going to usher in a new feudal age should he win the presidency and gain majority support in congress.

Hmmm, Obama might ALSO be saying that if we are going to turn this planet around, we need to make some necessary personal changes.

There have been more anti-Obama threads popping up here than reptilian and alien threads COMBINED. It's getting a little excessive. I wonder why there aren't as many Hillary or McCain threads?

[edit on 5/29/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by akabetty
Hm, from the way I read it, sounds like he's being rather sarcastic at the general archetype of "American" values (i.e. SUVs, McDonalds Burgers, and thermostat slaves).

You're exactly right. Obama was sarcastically ridiculing fellow Americans (does he even use that term??) for having the audacity of eating what they want, keeping their homes comfortable, and driving the car they want.

And that's not all.

He justified his ridicule of Americans by citing foreign opinion. Who's side is he on anyway? Does he even understand the obligation of the POTUS is to defend American interests, not get brownie points he can cash in at the next Council on Foreign Relations meeting?

I personally don't think it sounds the least bit like political/elite hypocrisy.

Well I think it's the definition of elitist hypocrisy. Obama has a huge mansion in Chicago, flies around the country on chartered jets paid for by other people, rolls into his rallies with a fleet of SUVs, eats what he wants when he wants, polluites the air around him with cigarette smoke, and then lectures everybody else about how their way of life is excessive and must be reigned in to appease other countries.

Yes, I'm sure this is elitist hypocrisy.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Well I think it's the definition of elitist hypocrisy. Obama has a huge mansion in Chicago, flies around the country on chartered jets paid for by other people, rolls into his rallies with a fleet of SUVs, eats what he wants when he wants, polluites the air around him with cigarette smoke, and then lectures everybody else about how their way of life is excessive and must be reigned in to appease other countries.

So what? He's got the money to burn, at least it's headed back into the economy where it belongs. How about commenting on Hillary's SUVs or McCain's SUVs. And slanting him for being a smoker is just inane. Smoking cigarettes is a legal act. Just because you precious non-smokers don't like it, doesn't make it a second class act.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Eh, I'd vote Ron Paul or Obama. Ron Paul might not win, but that quote does sound like elitist hypocrisy. I understand that he has money to burn, but that doesn't mean he should tell the rest of us what not to do. When he turns around and does the same thing he just spoke about. I hope he doesn't expect people to stop driving SUVs, eatting whatever we want while he does it, and then just say OK.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by akabetty

So what? He's got the money to burn, at least it's headed back into the economy where it belongs. How about commenting on Hillary's SUVs or McCain's SUVs. And slanting him for being a smoker is just inane. Smoking cigarettes is a legal act. Just because you precious non-smokers don't like it, doesn't make it a second class act.

Your missing the point. Obama's comment about how Americans shouldn't be eating so much, driving SUVs, or keeping their thermostats set at 72 is the context of this thread.

Obama is telling Americans they need to make sacrifices to be good world citizens. He's telling us to do without. He's telling us not to pollute. And he's doing it with such an arrogant, condescending flair.

But he himself pollutes. He himself doesn't do without. In fact, Obama even says that if his daughters get pregnant, they shouldn't have to be inconvenienced with babies. Or was it punished with a baby.

And no, smoking isn't a big deal at all. Except when somebody spends every waking moment telling people that he knows what's best for them, and how HE will require them to live once he's elected, and yet he can't even demonstrate that he can exercise enough self-control to keep from smoking.

Yes, that's elitism and hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by akabetty

So now we've got all the evils of the world out in the open.. McCain, Hillary, Obama, McDonald's, smokes, and the city of Detroit. All this talk asking why one doesn't point fingers at McCain or Hillary, because they obviously live life just as American as Obama. Let's keep making 'American' a verb for the world.

top topics

join