It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Antonio Cops Force Blood Tests on Drivers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
[Making it impossible for many dumb and uncoordinated people to have drivers liscenses will only lead to more poverty and cronyism.

On second look my words were a bit selfish. Someday I may be old and uncoordinated and still want to drive - sorry.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Old and uncoordinated does not make it into the six leading causes for accidents. I did not see your comment as selfish..however it's retraction was classy. Distraction is #1. I leave a link that explains

www.sixwise.com...

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is from a lawyer site. I might be able to find the state statutes later. Refusing testing is an automatic 180 license suspension.

Can I refuse a breathalyzer, urine test, or blood test? If so, should I?

Yes, you can refuse to submit to a breathalyzer, urine test, or blood test. However, by refusing these tests you violate the implied consent law, which states that by driving a motor vehicle on a Texas roadway you already consented to chemical testing. Therefore, your driver's license may be suspended and charges may be assessed against you. Also, your refusal can be used as evidence against you at trial.

Can a police officer force me to take a breathalyzer, urine test, or blood test?

A police officer can only force you to take a breathalyzer, urine test, or blood test if the four following requirements are met:

1. there is a DWI arrest and an accident;
2. the officer has a reasonable belief that any individual has died or will die as a result of the accident;
3. an individual, other than the person arrested, has suffered serious bodily injury; and
4. the individual arrested for DWI refused to give a specimen voluntarily

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
your four basis for forced blood is not true anymore in SA. Any dui suspect can be forced to give blood. Likely will be overturned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join