It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Antonio Cops Force Blood Tests on Drivers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Please click this Link to view video. If someone could embed it for me, I am not sure how to, that would be awesome too.

San Antonio declared Memorial Day weekend (I am aware that it has already passed) "No Refusal Weekend".

If pulled over and you refuse to give a breathalizer they will take your blood. This is, of course, only if they suspect you of drunk driving...

So as long as they say they think you were drinking, you got stuck.

Any ATS members from San Antonio?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So the breathalizer is voluntary, but sticking a needle and stealing my blood, my life, is mandatory?

Nazi Pigs!

Someone remind me who the victim is if one is driving intoxicated? I thought crimes needed a victim? :Confused:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spines

Ahhhh...Nazi Texas. I know the laws of the state well. If an individual turns down the voluntary breathalizer it is considered and treated as an admittance of guilt. The courts throw the book at you. Bond is usually between 10.000. and 13,000.00, eighteen months probation of 150.00 per month probation fee and another 200.00 per month to the DPS in order to not have your license suspended. Then there is the community service and N.A meetings...all for first time offenders. Three times gets you a 20 year prison sentence. This little blood test is to test the waters for more wide spread invasions of your privacy. Texas sets presidence like this all of the time.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Spines, only YouTube and Google videos are able to be embedded.

As for the topic, this equates to mandatory breathalyzer testing. Nobody is going to get stuck with a needle who doesn't blow.

Personally, I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. Our government in general seems to have had quite enough of public liberties and freedooms. What we have been taking for granted for so long is now being taken away.

A few years from now you may look back at this and think they were going easy on us in 2008.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spines

Someone is trying to turn Texas into a Gothic theme park complete with witch hunts and bloodletting. Texas is an interesting place these days. I wonder what will happen next.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by eradown]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If anyone attempts to take my blood without my permission, I would consider that a violent act of assault. Someone taking part of me without my permission is rape as far as I'm concerned.

Let the battle begin in Texas, my friends.

Calling all hurricanes, tornado's, earthquakes set your TADS.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Imagine how many things can be found out about a person through a blood test. They will look for other drugs just in case there is no alcohol level to prosecute...and Texas knows the value of storing your DNA for further use and further criminal prosecution. Most Texas counties rely on fines and probation fees to run their justice system.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

The elites have been studying blood for a long time now. If they want mass quatities of blood from many types of people it is because they have new genetic tests they want to perform on the blood. I think the elites are searching for unusual DNA strands some individuals in the population might pocess. People in Texas should drive under the speed limit.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines

If pulled over and you refuse to give a breathalizer they will take your blood. This is, of course, only if they suspect you of drunk driving...

So what's the news here? This is how it is in Europe, and has been for as long as I can remember. If you as a driver refuse the breathalyzer test (that is routinely done to drivers all the time here) you'll be taken to the nearest medical facility by the police, for the blood test. And of course, you'll have to pay the fees for the test yourself.

But then again, here the police won't even need a search warrant in order to search your car or home. They can conduct the search at will if they suspect any criminal activity, and they can also use any evidence they find to charge you for any crime they might be able to.

They can even literally rip your car apart if they suspect you for having a radar detector, and you'll finally have to haul the dismantled vehicle parts out of their premises at your own cost, regardless of their findings or the lack thereof. After all, a person who has or might have such a dangerous device is also likely to drive 53 mph at 50 limit road, and as such is a first-class enemy of the state.

Luckily, they are planning to have mandatory GPS trackers to all cars within a few years, so that all criminal behaviour and suspicious moving along the roads can be punished without too much delay.

I just love living in a European police state.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Not just in San Antonio, also in a Dallas suburb

Police get search warrant to take man's blood
DALWORTHINGTON GARDENS -- Louis Hodge cooperated with the Dalworthington Gardens officer who pulled him over last August. He stood, walked, and allowed himself to be cuffed on command. But back at the station, there was one request Hodge denied: a blood draw.

"When Mr. Hodge realized that it wasn't going to be a doctor, nurse, chemist, or someone qualified in Texas to give blood, but it was going to be the police officer in this case, the police officer who arrested him. At that point he politely said no," said Mimi Coffey, attorney for Mr. Hodge.

story here

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Lithium

The news here is due process. Americans are not Europeans, we like our due process and challenge the lack of it all of the time...the Bush administration and the NWO keep us all busy.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Doc Lithium,

The United States of America is not Europe. We left Europe to get away from tyranny. Thanks for reminding us where we came from.

In my State they are very reasonable, take the breath test or give up your license for a year. I don't have a problem with that. I don't drive drunk and I've taken a few breath test on the highway and always passed usually 0.000.

If you're in a accident where there's physical harm to other humans than I would accept taking a blood test in order to resolve the case. That is where the line should remain - otherwise we're in the territory of thought crimes again.

Texas officials are traitors to the United States of America. Wish we could give Texas back to Mexico along with GW.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

The state I now live in has the same resonable laws, but one must have failed the road sobriety test first before being asked to submit to a breath test, and all police vehicles have dash cams for further reference.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I've always found breath test less intrusive than getting out of the car and standing on one foot for 30 seconds or whatever. Not all people are coordinated and if you fail the roadside test they can arrest you even if you pass the breath test. Most the time if you pass the breath test and a quick follow the pen eye test along with dilation tests they don't ask you to get out of your vehicle.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The iedea here in Missouri is one would have a choice..let's say I just used mouthwash..I would know to do the sobriety test to avoid any false positive, if it's cold or rainy or I suffer imbalance problems I could chose the breath test. Law enforcement here usually don't ask for either if you show no signs of drinking.

Texas gives no one any choice and sets very high bars in order to fight any false charges...it's an entrappment state.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
In New Mexico, it's pretty simple. If you refuse a breathalyzer, you're presumed to be guilty of driving while intoxicated and off to jail you go. I think they will offer you a blood test as an alternative, but if you refuse to blow, that's sufficient for a presumption of guilt.

originally posted by please_takemyrights

Someone remind me who the victim is if one is driving intoxicated?

Potentially, anyone who shares to the road with a drunk driver.

In 2006, there were 13,470 fatalities in crashes involving an alcohol-impaired driver (BAC of .08 or higher) – 32 percent of total traffic fatalities for the year.

16,005 people were killed in the United States in alcohol-related* motor vehicle traffic crashes (BAC of .01 or higher).

In 2006, 1,794 children age 14 and younger were killed in motor vehicle crashes. Of those 1,794 fatalities, 306 (17%) occurred in alcohol-impaired driving crashes. Children riding in vehicles with drivers who had a BAC level of .08 or higher accounted for half (153) of these deaths.

www.alcoholalert.com...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
if you refuse to blow, that's sufficient for a presumption of guilt.

Well that's a step above Texas, isn't it. However I disagree that is efficient evidence for presumption of guilt - the person might have religious reasons not to provide a sample - in my state that just means you spend a night in jail and lose your license for a year - they can't charge you for what they have no evidence for, but they can take your license.

I don't believe the statistics because it's been my observation that those that make statistics always skew them. We have more people who drive that are retarded, uncoordinated, selfish, and oblivious to other drivers on the road that I'm sure are responsible for more than half the accidents. I would rather see them make it more difficult to get a license than violating human rights by taken blood or civil rights by blocking roadways in order to harass people who have done no wrong.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I don't care if someone has a genius I.Q. if they get drunk or stoned and they get behind the wheel of a car and kill you they should go to prison. Most people do not have accidents because they are retarded or drunk sometimes people are just distracted. It is important to forgive and forget.I think dropping the blood levels to point were people can't even have a glass of wine with their supper does two things it makes the people who believe in prohibition happy and it gives industrial prison complex more slaves . Making it impossible for many dumb and uncoordinated people to have drivers liscenses will only lead to more poverty and cronyism.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by eradown]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I think it is important to add:

After giving it some more thought I have decided that this, not only is intrusive and an invasion of privacy, but is also another step in ensuring that 'innocent until proven guilty' should be replaced with just the opposite.

What is next?

Refusal to allow a search without warrant or probable cause (or one of an ever growing list of exception), is a key right we hold. Will refusing a search of your vehicle soon be seen as reason for your car to be searched? According to Lithium, this is already the case in Europe.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Well that's a step above Texas, isn't it. However I disagree that is efficient evidence for presumption of guilt - the person might have religious reasons not to provide a sample - in my state that just means you spend a night in jail and lose your license for a year - they can't charge you for what they have no evidence for, but they can take your license.

I can't think of a religious reason a person couldn't blow into a breathalyser, but I will concede that your explanation may be closer to the New Mexico law than mine.

A refusal may not be sufficient to presume guilt, but it is grounds to suspend licensure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join