It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa to set up "migrant" camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

South Africa to set up "migrant" camps

news.bbc.co.uk

South Africa is to set up seven camps around the country for foreign migrant workers who have fled a recent wave of anti-immigrant violence.

The seven new camps will take up to 70,000 people from the increasingly unsanitary conditions at temporary shelters put up around state buildings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am somewhat suspicious of this move by the South African government.

I have heard and read that the violence in Jo'burg and other areas (mainly in Gauteng province) are being caused by anti-immigrant feelings.

However could this be a slick move by the South African government to draw out any illegal immigrants? Millions have been jumping the border from Zimbabwe and it seems like such a massive influx of immigrants would destabilise the job market for the lower paid South Africans.

I wonder if this is a move by people against illegal immigrants; or has it been instigated by the ANC via agent provocateurs?

At any rate, the base concern I have is why are these people being rounded up into camps? What if the camps are assaulted by the rioters? All the immigrants would be in one place at the same time- ostensibly leading to a massacre.

Is that the real intention of the ANC? After all, it wouldn't be the first time that the ANC has used violence... it was at one point a declared terrorist organisation with Nelson Mandela its leader.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

join