It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Satanic Saturday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I have been doing some research with regards to the name “Saturday” and how it is strongly linked to Satanic worship. The name “Saturday” actually originates from the planet Saturn. Coincidentally, the planet Saturn has a curious “Six Sided” polygon on its North Pole. What I am curious about is why Saturn is always associated with the number “6”.

Gathering all information,

1. Saturn is the Sixth Planet of our Solar System.

“Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun and the second largest planet in the Solar System, after Jupiter.”

en.wikipedia.org...

2. Saturn has a Six sided Polygon on it north pole.

North polar hexagonal cloud feature, discovered by Voyager 1 and confirmed in 2006 by Cassini.

en.wikipedia.org...

3. Saturn is also the name of the Sixth day of the week, which is Saturday.

It was named no later than the second century for the planet (Saturn), which controlled the first hour of that day according to Vettius Valens. The planet was named for the Roman god of agriculture Saturn. It has been called dies Saturni ("Saturn's Day"), through which from it entered into Old English as Sæternesdæg and gradually evolved into the word "Saturday".

en.wikipedia.org...

What is truly interesting is that Saturn has a Six sided polygon, and is the Sixth planet of our Solar system, and is named after the Sixth day of the week, which is Saturday. So, if you were to combine this, you have an interesting combination of 6-6-6.

It is common knowledge that the number 666 is associated with the devil.

Now, there is a pagan idol which is associated with Saturn, and the name of the idol is “Satyr” pronounced as “Sater”. Satyr is a half-man, half-goat idol.

Saturday was named after Saturn, or Satyr, or Satan (to be verified).

www.messianictemple.org...

Satyr

hairy one. Mentioned in Greek mythology as a creature composed of a man and a goat, supposed to inhabit wild and desolate regions. The Hebrew word is rendered also "goat" () and "devil", i.e., an idol in the form of a goat (; ). When it is said (; comp. ) "the satyrs shall dance there," the meaning is that the place referred to shall become a desolate waste. Some render the Hebrew word "baboon," a species of which is found in Babylonia.

dictionary.reference.com...

In the Bible, there is a verse which connects on this goat idol worship:

(RSV)

So they shall no more slay their sacrifices for satyrs, after whom they play the harlot. This shall be a statute for ever to them throughout their generations.

(NIV)

They must no longer offer any of their sacrifices to the goat idols to whom they prostitute themselves. This is to be a lasting ordinance for them and for the generations to come.'

This goat idol has already been worshipped by the ancient Israelites. Since Saturn has a hexagon or six sided polygon on its north pole, we can derive a hexagram star or six pointed star from its shape, as shown below:

Incidentally, there is a half-man, half-goat idol which is associated with the Hexagram, and the name of this goat idol is the Baphomet, as shown below:

Since the ancient Israelites were worshipping this goat idol, it is truly difficult not to link the flag of Israel which has the pagan Hexagram symbol on its flag. Somehow this satanic symbol made its way through modern Israel and it’s now recognized as a typical Jewish symbol.

However, there are some Jews which disagree with this symbol:

A number of years ago, when the Lord was dealing with me about the 'Jewish' Star of David, my heart was bound up in the symbol. Being raised Jewish it had much emotional meaning for me. When someone first suggested that it wasn't kosher, and that I look into its history, I became defensive. But, I did, and the more I looked into the matter, the more I became convinced that I could not, in good conscience, continue to use it on my stationary (letterhead and synagogue card), or wear it, because it was not a biblical symbol but a pagan one. At best, it was a profane (common), ordinary symbol, the innocent placing of two triangles together. At worst, it was taken from the occult and introduced into Judaism by the Kabala.1 But Kabala picked it up from the occult.

www.seedofabraham.net...

There is evidence that it was king Solomon which has introduced this pagan hexagram to Israel:

The so-called "Star of David" is essentially a "hexagram," nothing more, nothing less. There is no Biblical or Jewish evidence that traces this ancient occult symbol with king David of Israel. However, there is evidence that it was used by king Solomon, after he turned to pagan gods and the occult, late in his life, causing God to become very angry with him .

www.dccsa.com...

Now, what is the meaning of the hexagram? According to this site:

Above, the hex is symbolic of the light and dark sides in witchcraft. God is pictured as both good and evil, light and darkness. The solar serpent lucifer is the symbol of the knowledge (gnosis) of the revelation of eternal life. The macroprosopus is said to be copied in the microprosopus (the Macro and Micro of the universe). This god wears the triple crown and emblazoned on his chest is the occult Maltese Cross. The idea transferred is that God is what man is (male & female a bisexual); as above so below, as in the spiritual so in the natural. The entire body of mysticism of Kabbalah is hidden within the hex.

Here are several quotes from the above book and some comments to help bring the history of the ancient hex up to modern day.

Mr. Sholem says: "The hexagram is not a Jewish symbol. It arouses no hopes. Insofar as it had any connection at all with the emotional world of a pious Jew, it was on the level of fears which might be overcome by magic (p 259)."

jesus-messiah.com...

Now, describing all the mystical gestures of this Baphomet, we have this:

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Thank you for your compliance and understanding.

[edit on 10/23/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
According to the site, the “entire” body of mysticism of Kabbalah is hidden within the hex and as clearly understood, what is hidden within the hex is the goat idol Baphomet.

Indeed, with all these compelling evidences, I can safely conclude that the hexagram is the symbol of the satanic goat idol / satyr which is Baphomet which has been worshiped since ancient Israel.

[edit on 5/28/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Saturday is the 7th day of the week, not the sixt day.

Wikipedia:
The three Abrahamic religions, via their original languages, regard Saturday as the seventh day of the week.
This is concordant with the European Pagan tradition, which named the days of the week after the seven Classical planets (in order Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn), naming the first day of the week for the Sun.
The Slavic languages regard Saturday as the sixth day of the week by naming Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday as the second, fourth, and fifth days of the week, although their name for Wednesday, middle, would imply that Saturday is the seventh day of the week.

So no 6-6-6 !!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yeah, Sat(urday) does represent Sat(an). Been so clear with me for a while, but I didnt know about that planet having that.

One thing I want to point out is this:

Genesis 2:2
And "on" the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested "on" the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

^^How can you be on a 7th day? The 6th day is "on" the 7th day, and is not the 7th day itself. So I concluded the only way to be "on" a specificly marked or told day is to have no entering it.

If God is not Satan, then that is why God rested outside the 7th day (Satan's Day). If Satan has a single day (or is a single day)...and God has 6 days (or is 6 days), then God is divided, and Satan is not divided. Any kingdom divided Jesus talks about here:

Matthew 12:25
And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Satan's kingdom is not mentioned divided by Jesus because it is a hypothetical question here:

Matthew 12:26
And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

^^Note the "if" and the "?" mark. So Jesus aint standing with God, but is standing with Satan since afterall Jesus' new name earthly is Satan and Jesus' new name heavenly is Michael (Bibical stated Prince of princes? Yes. Biblical stated Archangel? Yes.). Jesus stated clear cut he aint actually the name Jesus in the bible or is no longer to be mistaken by that name. So ppl expecting Jesus need to kill that noise because it reveals they have failed to listen to what is said CLEAR in the bible.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here are a couple of quotations from The Gnostics and Their Remains:

Inasmuch as the genius of the planet Saturn, or Kronos, was held by the Talmudists to be good and pure, contrary to those of the other planets, the Four-winged image, so common upon Gnostic gems, may reasonably be considered as a copy from the ancient original, devised by Taut. Saturn, the sole inspirer of the Law and the Prophets, had special claims to the veneration of the Alexandrine Kabbalists. And this belief explains wherefore Valentinus fixed upon this planet for the abode of Ildabaoth, the Giver of the Law to the Children of Israel in the Wilderness.
For the Kabbalists hold that Moses and the prophets were inspired by the genius of Saturn, a good and pure spirit, whereas Jesus was by that of Mercury, a malevolent one; and the Christian religion was the work of Mercury, Jupiter and the Sun, all combining together for that purpose.

Now, it can also be noted that El, the "Most High" of all the gods in Deuteronomy 32:8, was also identified with Saturn. So were the gnostics correct in ascribing the OT to the work of the evil impostor Yaldabaoth, and not the Good God of Jesus?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

I'm on board with your sig. I would have to be now wouldn't I, with a name like mine

Seeing the star pattern under the hex, makes me think "opening" It defiantly is not a natural occurrence, in my eyes anyways. The natural question might be, what lies beneath.

In as far as who gave the information concerning the planets to the Sumerian's it would have to be some one or thing with the knowledge, and the ability of space flight.

You should see my work with Lucifer.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I always thought of it like this.....

Monday = Moon Day

Tuesday = Mars Day ----- in spanish = Martes; French = Mardi

Wednesday = Mercury Day - sp = Miercoles ; French = Mercredi

Thursday = Thors Day or Jupiter Day Sp= Jueves ; French = Jeudi

Friday = Venus Day Sp= Viernes ; French = Vendredi

Saturday = Um yeah you got this one lol

Sunday = Hmm wonder what this day is?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Acts 7:37-43 This is that Moses...to whom our fathers wold not obey, but thrust him from them, and IN THEIR HEARTS TURNED BACK AGAIN INTO EGYPT... And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifices unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands. Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the HOST OF HEAVEN: as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to Me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of FORTY YEARS IN THE WILDERNESS? Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the STAR OF YOUR GOD REMPHAN, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

Amos 5:26-27 But ye have born the tabernacle of your Moloch, and Chiun (Remphan) your images, the STAR OF YOUR GOD, which ye made to yourselves. Therefore, will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the Lord...

source

The six pointed star is an occult symbol. I haven't seen it linked to Saturday, the Jewish Sabbath, before, though. Nice work.

Mabus, give me a break. Jesus standing with satan? That is exactly the opposite of what the verses you quote are saying. It is interesting to note I used the same verses for my sig just this morning, before I ever saw this thread.

The context of those verses places Christ in direct opposition to satan as He is accused of casting out demons in the name of satan and this is His response. Would satan cast out his own demons? I think not.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Mabus, give me a break. Jesus standing with satan? That is exactly the opposite of what the verses you quote are saying. It is interesting to note I used the same verses for my sig just this morning, before I ever saw this thread.

The context of those verses places Christ in direct opposition to satan as He is accused of casting out demons in the name of satan and this is His response. Would satan cast out his own demons? I think not.

Wont fly.

You can not override the word "if" nor the "?" mark in the quote by who you think is named Jesus still.

Plus, the Person which once were named Jesus did not state he is Christ anywhere. Lord Jesus Christ come, but the Person with the new name OVERCOME!! Do you see what is up with "overcome" vs "come" yet? The person which once were named Jesus stated he did overcome the world (look into John's gospel). Plus, it is mentioned in Rev concerning any person who overcomes gets what? "The" Person (formerly named Jesus), with the new name, will give them a new name, and his new name. You cant skip over what is stated in Revelation.

I happen to have been given Jesus' new name. The heavenly new name and the earthly new name. And I been given a new naming myself. The words shall not pass away. It was said then it is so indeed concerning the new naming thing.

Satan is not divided. So indeed he wouldnt and hasnt cast out himself. And Satan is no demon, but Satan already been put the demons in the lake of fire. That says Satan is not them and has them held in punishment currently for ever. Only through the walking human graves do the demons eyes watch what they are commanded to watch. They have no control of the human bodies, but watch through them till the sun (literally, metaphorically, ideally, figuratively) is darkened.

And I am with Satan/Michael Who is the single Person with wholesome duality. You maybe cant comprehend the duality, but he who hath and ear, which is me, let I, the Person, hear. If I am not the Person, then I am outside where the lake of fire has power over. If I feel not the lake of fire right now, then I surely am not in it and will never be. The damned are already in the lake of fire, watching us through human graves that do walk amongst like they are normal human beings with even jobs and etc.

The Person mistaken as still Jesus obviously spoke about Himself from an outside perspective with no EGO. This is how you see a verse marked as what Jesus said to/with or about Satan, as if, Jesus (an old name) isn't Satan (a new name). Yes, followers did let man deceive them. How? Because followers think a man will come with his ego sitting where it ought. Satan had set aside his new name (Satan) how it ought not go let man tell it. You, being a man, may not comprehend any person who is a man ever doing such a thing as stepping out themself (their new name) inorder to snare all them that dwell on the FACE of the WHOLE earth. You look at man as all the same is how come you cant see Jesus' new name. You maybe cant see Noah's stand out in the gospel... All the rest got took away, even the ones Noah was with concerning aboard the Ark. The message with it is if you aint "the" Person, then you are the all the lake of fire has power over.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
"Saturday" has only been changed to the 6th day of the week during the last century, before this it has always been the seventh day. Ask yourself, why would the world change what the world calls "Saturday" to the sixth day, and name it Saturday? Why would mainstream Christianity change the 7th day sabbath from Saturday to SUNday, the first day of the week?

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Modern mainstream Christianity is not what Christ taught. They have changed the Sabbath, changed God's holy days to it's Christianized pagan holidays (Christmas and easter), and changed God's law concerning this. Remember what Christ said.....

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The current calendar with its month and day names has nothing to do with the calendar given by God. Our current calendar is a deception, to hide God's Holy days and Sabbath. They have even changed the time when the day changes from sundown, to that day changing at midnight.

I don't mean to insult anybody, but this thread shows that this deception is working quite well, by connecting God's weekly Sabbath with Satan, when it is quite the opposite.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

What a bunch of nonsensical blather!

Mark 3

22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

The verse above precedes His statement and is the context I referred to. The rest follows directly from it.

Furthermore,

27 No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

It is satan Jesus is referring to in this verse, satan who was defeated forever at the cross, Christ who rose again from the dead.

Finally,

Luke 24

25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

He did state he was Christ.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorex

The Jews and Romans had different systems of time. The Jewish day began at sundown, the Roman at midnight.

Of course Sunday is the first day of the week. Christians worship on Sunday to start the week in worship of God. Christ is our Sabbath. He fulfilled the law.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus

One thing I want to point out is this:

Genesis 2:2
And "on" the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested "on" the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

^^How can you be on a 7th day? The 6th day is "on" the 7th day, and is not the 7th day itself. So I concluded the only way to be "on" a specificly marked or told day is to have no entering it.

This is why not studying the scriptures in their original language can lead you on wayward paths, especially if you are going to form your beliefs around it.

In the Hebrew, there is no "ON" used in this verse. What is translated in English as "on (or "in" in some translations) the seventh day" is two single words: "yowm" meaning day, and "shbiy`iy", meaning seventh. That's it, no hidden meaning, just plain and simple, talking about the seventh day. It is simply translated into English that way for easier reading, such as "on the seventh day I am going to keep the Sabbath", or "on the weekend I am am going fishing". That doesn't mean I am going to sit outside of the day itself and not enter it. But still, even if you want to take it as that, once again, the word "on" is not used in the original Hebrew verse, so that completely nullifies that argument.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

reply to post by doctorex

The Jews and Romans had different systems of time. The Jewish day began at sundown, the Roman at midnight.

Of course Sunday is the first day of the week. Christians worship on Sunday to start the week in worship of God. Christ is our Sabbath. He fulfilled the law.

Firstly, the "jewish" day is not jewish, the Jews were only one of 12 tribes. The Hebrew calendar was given to all the tribes, not just Judah, of which Christ was born.

Christians who observe the Sabbath on the first day are breaking one of the commandments, and Christ said the commandments are still binding, and they who teach they are not will be called least in the kingdom of God.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Yes Christ fulfilled the law, he lived it to perfection, he did not say he was going to do away with it, did he?

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

The Sabbath was changed to Sunday, the first day of the week, by the Roman church to help convert the Pagans who worshiped the sun, but God's commandments are not compromising. We must convert to them, not convert them to suit us.

Here's what the Roman church has to say about the subject.....

"The Sabbath, the best known day of the law, was changed into the Lord's day. These and others have not ceased because of instructions received from Christ, (because he himself says, I have not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it), but because due to the authority of the church they have been changed." Archbishop of Rheggio, Sermon on 1-18-1562, Mansi XXIII, p. 526

"The Sunday is a Catholic institution, and its claim for sacredness can be defended only on Catholic authority...In Holy Scripture from the beginning to the end we find not one single text which justifies the transfer of the weekly public worship service from the last to the first day of the week." Catholic Press, Sidney, 8-25-1900

"Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that worship should be changed from Saturday to Sunday. The fact is that the Church was in existence for several centuries before the Bible was given to the world. The Church made the Bible; the Bible did not make the Church." Things Catholics Are Asked About, by Martin J. Scott, 1927 ed, p. 136

"We celebrate Sunday instead of Saturday, because the Catholic Church has transferred the sacredness from Saturday to Sunday at the council of Laodicea in the year of 364 AD." The Converts Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, from P. Geiermann, the work of Pope Pius X, on 1-25-1910

According to the Roman Catholic Church 'Sunday' is their distinct and distinguished mark of authority.

"Sunday is our mark of authority. The church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." The Catholic Record, London, Ontario, September 1, 1923

"The observance of Sunday by Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) Church." Plain Talk About the Protestantism of Today, by Monsignor Segur, p. 213

"But the Protestant mind does not seem to realize that in...observing the Sunday... they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the church, the pope." Our Sunday Visitor, Catholic weekly, Feb. 5, 1950

"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act... a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters." Office of Cardinal Gibbons, through Chancellor C. F. Thomas, Nov. 11, 1895

What does God say?

"And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God" Ezekiel 20:20.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Oh, gee, semantics. I should have said Israelites. Big deal. The terms are nearly interchangeable in the modern age, imo. By the time the Romans came around, the Tribe of Judah was in control of Jerusalem after the return from Babylon that started under Cyrus the Great of Persia.

All that aside,

In Hebrew sabbath means to rest. God has made us a promise of rest but it is up to us to claim it. The sabbath is not a certain day of the week because Jesus Christ has become our sabbath. We can have the true sabbath that God promised us everyday if we like or we can set aside a certain day. God tells us there are certain things we must do before we can enter His rest. So lets go to His word and read how we can get true rest for our souls.

Jesus Christ triumphed over Satan in His daily life and in being raised from the dead. He defeated death which is Satan.

Colossians 2

V16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
V17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The sabbath days were just a shadow of our true rest, Jesus Christ. Only Christ can save our soul and give us rest.

Jesus Christ has become our sabbath and we can have that rest everyday of the week if we want, it's up to us. We need to have faith, an open mind and work to get His rest. Read God's word and claim the promise of rest that He made to us. If you would like to set aside a day of the week to do this, there is nothing wrong with that. But remember that mankind gave the days of the week names, not God. Also, with God a day is a thousand years so saying a certain day is the sabbath just don't work. Our sabbath is Jesus Christ. We should enter our sabbath everyday.

source

Christ fulfilled the law in the Spirit. The Spirit of the Law transcends the letter of the Law. Christ is the seed of promise. The Jews are still in bondage to sin and death under the letter of the Mosaic Law, the seed of bondage.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

In Hebrew sabbath means to rest. God has made us a promise of rest but it is up to us to claim it. The sabbath is not a certain day of the week because Jesus Christ has become our sabbath. We can have the true sabbath that God promised us everyday if we like or we can set aside a certain day. God tells us there are certain things we must do before we can enter His rest. So lets go to His word and read how we can get true rest for our souls.

Jesus Christ triumphed over Satan in His daily life and in being raised from the dead. He defeated death which is Satan.

Colossians 2

V16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
V17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The sabbath days were just a shadow of our true rest, Jesus Christ. Only Christ can save our soul and give us rest.

Jesus Christ has become our sabbath and we can have that rest everyday of the week if we want, it's up to us. We need to have faith, an open mind and work to get His rest. Read God's word and claim the promise of rest that He made to us. If you would like to set aside a day of the week to do this, there is nothing wrong with that. But remember that mankind gave the days of the week names, not God. Also, with God a day is a thousand years so saying a certain day is the sabbath just don't work. Our sabbath is Jesus Christ. We should enter our sabbath everyday.

source

Christ fulfilled the law in the Spirit. The Spirit of the Law transcends the letter of the Law. Christ is the seed of promise. The Jews are still in bondage to sin and death under the letter of the Mosaic Law, the seed of bondage.

When Paul said let no man judge you about Sabbaths and Holy days etc, who was he talking to? He was talking to the church, who were still keeping the Holy days and the Sabbath, as commanded by God. It would be different if he was talking to Pagans who were keeping pagan festivals and worshiping on Sunday and said let man judge them, but he wasn't was he?

Paul himself still kept the Holy Days and the weekly Sabbath.....

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the Scriptures,

Acts 20:16 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

1Corinthians 16:8 But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost.

All the Apostles still kept the holy days, they were even gathered together and received the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2)

There is a prophecy in Zechariah 14 that says after the return of Christ, people will still be commanded to keep the Feast of Tabernacles, and will be seriously punished if they fail to do so.

Christ has not yet fulfilled all the prophecies and meaning of the Law and prophets, but that is what he has come to do, not only in his physical life, but after his resurrection and return an Lord of Lords and King of Kings. He has fulfilled the meaning of the Passover, but much more is yet to be done and fulfilled, such as the meaning of Pentecost (or first fruits), the first harvest (the first resurrection mentioned in Rev 20), the day of Atonement (picturing the putting away of Satan for 1000 years (Rev 20 and Leviticus 16), and the feast of Tabernacles. All is not yet fulfilled, but it will be, and as he said....

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

If you can find me one scripture that says the seventh day Sabbath has been done away with, then I'll stand corrected. All that talk about the law being done away with completely contradicts what Christ said about this, he actually magnified it by giving it a spiritual aspect, such as even thinking about adultery being a sin. People like to say the Law is done away with simply to justify themselves breaking it, but Christ said plainly it would stand until heaven and earth passed away, and all be fulfilled, which is yet to happen, but will.

The Jewish people who have not accepted Christ as their passover are still in bondage to sin because of this very act, nothing else.

[edit on 23/10/08 by doctorex]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
In my understanding, the only unfulfilled Jewish High Holy Day is the Feast of Trumpets, which will be fulfilled upon Christ's return. I admit to being somewhat weak in this area of prophecy, though.

I do stick to my assertion that Christ is the Christian Sabbath. Salvation is not predicated on anything but accepting Christ as Lord and Savior. Paul wrote at length, and confronted Peter and James, on this issue. The Judaizers sought to add the circumcision and allegiance to Old Testament customs to the salvation of the Gentiles. Paul showed them to be in error.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorex
This is why not studying the scriptures in their original language can lead you on wayward paths, especially if you are going to form your beliefs around it.

In the Hebrew, there is no "ON" used in this verse. What is translated in English as "on (or "in" in some translations) the seventh day" is two single words: "yowm" meaning day, and "shbiy`iy", meaning seventh. That's it, no hidden meaning, just plain and simple, talking about the seventh day. It is simply translated into English that way for easier reading, such as "on the seventh day I am going to keep the Sabbath", or "on the weekend I am am going fishing". That doesn't mean I am going to sit outside of the day itself and not enter it. But still, even if you want to take it as that, once again, the word "on" is not used in the original Hebrew verse, so that completely nullifies that argument.

You further the truth I am getting at. You know that "in" implies not the 7th itself?

Example: When you put anything "in" a suitcase, is that anything the suitcase itself? No! That anything is STILL outter.

I'll give you a run down:

on, in, out, to, beside, like, as, under, over, and the alike are all implications of "outter" whatsoever (or whosoever) it the case be.

So God is indeed implicated being not something when everybody swears God is EVERYTHING? Hmmm.

Gen 1:
1 "In" the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

^^Clearly God is not the beginning. It is even why Revelation implicates "the" Person (formerly named Jesus) Who is "the" beginning. The Person is not iplicated being "in" the beginning.

Let me also quote something you quote to another:

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

^^How can no one see the Devil is not Satan? The old serpent was called the Devil. Notice the word WHICH right after the word Satan?

If I say, You, called Frog, and I, which decieve the whole world...

^^Do you see now how Satan is not the Devil? The person which decieve the whole world (you must pick one of the two) is the he who was cast out into the earth. Who it was still decieves, so it is Satan. But duh, the world is implicated as what? EVIL. So what is Satan doing decieing EVIL? It is implicating Satan is not evil if he is decieving it.

So do not knock Satan being Jesus' new earthly name.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Mark 3

22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

The verse above precedes His statement and is the context I referred to. The rest follows directly from it.

Finally,

Luke 24
26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

He did state he was Christ.

You also futher my point with truth. With what you first quoted notice the word "of" and "out". It does not implicate that the scribes are implying he is Beelzebub or the devils. Besides all this, you see the word "hath" used. That is not implying the person is Beelzebub.

Christ DID NOT enter into his glory. The quote says it, too. Note the "to". Plus, if you buy him saying he is Christ that he is speaking about outside himself (and name), then how is it you do not buy he is Satan speaking outside himself about Satan?

Do I smell hypocrisy? If he can stand outside the name Christ and still be Christ, in your book, then you should not knock him being Satan who stood outside such the new name. Ha!

And it still remains you wont point out his "overcome" and his "new name". Again:

Rev 22:
20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

^^Do you see come quickly VS come? Come quickly implies an overcome! You do not see in Rev him saying "I come". No! You see him implicating "I come quickly" more times in Revelation. Just do a word search in Revelation. Then come quickly yourself, and tell me there is no longer a Lord Jesus Christ. Tell me you've received Jesus' new name, and accept it.

Clearly he said I come quickly and said EVEN SO come Lord Jesus. Obviously the Person with the new name is aware his abandoned old name does come. But it does not overcome. So if you are with Jesus Christ come, then you did not overcome, which means you do not have a new name that should implicate you made it into the book of life. Notice in Rev 20 you do not see Satan cast into the lake of fire? You see the devil cast into the lake of fire. You see not Satan named cast into it because Satan is a new name because the person did overcome 'the world' ('the evil').

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Did you see the word "himself"? Nowhere does Christ refer to Satan as himself. Satan is the evil one, the adversary. Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Satan is a defeated foe. He is cast out. Christ is the resurrected Son of God. He will return in glory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join