It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch how the news media misleads you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

MSM propaganda, leading the sheep of America....It is sick how they twist the words to make such a patriot look bad.

I had to add this video for everyone on here....wake up....the MSM will put whoever they want to have in office.

-Kdial1

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You are so right on about how the news misleads us...and this a perfect example! Thanks for posting that news feed !

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wakingup
Thanks for posting that news feed !

No, problem...that is why the Majority of us are on here....enlightenment.

Welcome to ATS btw

-Kdial1

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Thankyou :-) Glad to be here !

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Brilliant thread. I come from the UK and the same sort of thing happened for our recent Mayor of London election. Even going as far as blatantly belittling one candidate for being gay, not including one in the official voting booklet everyone gets to help them get an open view, open my arse.

This sort of propaganda is rife in 21st Century politics and it needs to stop somehow. But most people are idiots and when they watch a broadcast like that get sucked into the hate.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Wow this makes me sooo angry. Speaking of Ron Paul check out the link below!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Great vid. Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I had to stop watching that trash around 6 minutes into the video. It angers me to see how they distort the facts to support their twisted agenda. There is no denying media manipulation is very real, and it has effectively been used against Ron Paul's campaign for President. Around the time I had to stop the video there was a talking head that actually said Ron Paul had no business on the Republican ticket. What a joke.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Good find, kdial!

Of course, we see this same crap out of 'Faux News', AKA the 'Fox Noise Channel' all the time!!!

Wolf 'Blitzkreig' of CNN needs to go take a refresher coursein journalism school....

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I have to say, out of all the news guys out there, Wolf Blitzer actually brings up Ron Paul the most, and it seems like he is relatively unbiased when he does talk about him.

That being said, I have personally heard Sean Hannity on his radio show call Ron Paul supporters crazy radicals, which we are not. I have heard plenty of things from both right and left wing journalists that leave Ron Paul in a very vulnerable and unfair position.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

Yeah....maybe I'd give Wolf some slack, he works hard, and who knows what the producer is saying in his earpiece at any given time....

But Hannity is a hack!!! A pompous, self-agrandizing blowhard who has no business being called anything even approaching a 'journalist'. He's a walking opinion.....and wrong, with no accountability.

There was a song, years ago, with the line 'bubble-headed bleach blondes', referring to the bobbing heads on local LA News stations....Sean is the same, just not blonde.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Another great ATS linked video

Regarding Ron Paul, I've seen lots of footage of this guy and he speaks with very clear conviction and his policy's (yes, he actually seems to be a rare politician who talks about his policies) makes perfect sense and well are just helpful to the US people. Unlike the useless twaddle that we here in the UK have to listen too. (BTW, why do any of the intelligent UK people on here actually debate our UK political parties as if they are going to offer anything to its people as they are all the same old useless same? With an historical/present day record/legacy to prove this)

But, what are the policies that YOU the US voters don't like? (I've seen some reference to a 'racial' slur of some years ago?)I really struggle to see why YOU the thinking US voter wouldn't landslide this guy into office? He deals very well with some very tough, bias, off-handed, downright nasty questions and that's just the impartial media!

So why did he not get the votes?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I first saw a debate with Ron Paul on fox news, he only answered
2 questions, but after I heard him answer just one, I knew
i had to find out more about him, I was shocked at how openly and
truthfuly he was speaking, I thought that wasnt supposed to be done
in politics. You can see right past all the other candidates, but Ron paul is full of substance.
Ofcourse after watching that debate I had to come online
for all my Ron Paul news and everything else, no more tv, I learned a lot
from Ron Paul.

So, HAHAHA to you fox news, cnn,msnbc , you couldnt keep the truth about Ron Paul from me even with all your distorted lies!!! Your
all fake, I see right through you, I just wish more people did.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is complete and utter BS.

They actually made headlines calling him something that he never once said he was. And at the same time they managed to not only make Ron Paul look crazy but they also made 911 truthers look like idiots too.

We will have proof that our vote does not count come election time. Millions of people will vote for Paul but his name will not even be mentioned during the process.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd

It is simple this video explains it Ron Paul and the media....kind of Ironic I am knocking the MSM and here is a video....But ut explains it pretty well as far as the media not giving him attention.

Alot of Americans are sheep like I stated earlier, they are led by the media...thats why we cannot vote him in. Although when I go to vote I will write him in on the ballot, even if he is not the Republican nominee....

I refuse to vote for these other clowns the media is focused on right now.

-Kdial1

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I am generally a non-apologist.

However I feel that the American people are more the victims in this regard than most others do. In general, as a child of the 60's and 70's I was heavily influenced by the peace-movement of the Viet-Nam era, and I found myself often witnessing debates regarding the functioning of government as opposed to the will of the people.

I saw the media then, slowly but certainly taking shape as a tool of persuasion. I found that through slight degrees, the media was 'shifting' its style of presentation and content, and more and more becoming less of a reflection of our national cultural potpourri and more a 'blue print' for what we should think and feel. It started out commercially but then became pervasive as it bled into the news and editorial efforts.

Now it's everywhere, with the advent of 'reality' programming, they don't entertain you, you're TOLD your being entertained. Some people can't tell the difference between reality and outrageous human behavior staged for media!

This has created a real problem in that many seem to believe the television media (and to a lesser degree radio and press) is the end-all-be-all in information sources. I would wager that most people over 50 actually believe that if it is on the news it MUST be true.

So when a TV 'talking head' like Wolf Blitzer appears on the screen, amidst a crescendo of official symphonic music with flashing background images of important people and events - of course they believe! They forget these are announcers, with a script and tele-prompters and editorial directives fresh in their mind about what can and cant be mentioned.

No, I'm not surprised the Americans don't know the truth about much of the political world or political arena. I'm surprised that those people who call themselves journalists have the nerve to congratulate each other on their news stories - as if they DID anything other than read them off the page.

For my part, I can only try to say what I know, and hope the professional debunkers out there are too busy patting each other on the back to notice.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Originally posted by mlmijyd

It is simple this video explains it Ron Paul and the media....kind of Ironic I am knocking the MSM and here is a video....But ut explains it pretty well as far as the media not giving him attention.

Alot of Americans are sheep like I stated earlier, they are led by the media...thats why we cannot vote him in. Although when I go to vote I will write him in on the ballot, even if he is not the Republican nominee....

I refuse to vote for these other clowns the media is focused on right now.

-Kdial1

Thanks for the reply, I'll look at that video and see what I think?

My more subtle point that I'm trying to make and get response too is the voters on here (I presume a little less sheep-like
) and get reasoned reasons why they don't vote for this guy that from what little I can see I'd give him the benefit of the doubt?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This should surprise no one by now. If RP does not run as an Independant or otherwise, I urge you Paul supporters to take a look at the Libertarian Partys' ticket, Bob Barr and Wayne Root.

I've been following Wayne for about 4 months now, and he always speaks highly of Ron Paul and is very close to being on 'the same page' with RP. I don't know about Barr yet, but from all I have read and heard from him, these guys are our ONLY chance to change things if RP doesn't run.

Meet the Libertarian Ticket -- The Issues

That's the condensed version, but I think I put enough there to sum things up. Plenty more at each of the candidates webpages.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Evidence of media lies and exaggeration was evident recently in the UK. A convert to Islam with Asperger's Syndrome entered a restaurant in Exeter with a device which exploded in the toilet, injuring only himself. Two other small devices were found shortly afterwards and disarmed.

The initial witness reports concurred that three small explosions "like lightbulbs popping", "gunshots" or "lights exploding" were heard and the cafe was evacuated calmly. The next day major 'newspapers' including the Daily Mirrorreported that Exeter and the Giraffe Cafe had been ""rocked" and referred to a "horrific scene".

Such Toy Town reportage incenses me - if it wasn't so serious it'd be hysterical.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Just because he is rarely on TV doesn't mean you cannot vote for him.

You decide 2008 - Be a Muppet or be an individual.

new topics

top topics

join