It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO/Italian Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I have personnally witnessed the little known base in Sardinia operated by the U.S. Navy, NATO, and the Italian Military. It is an island, surrounded by water completely, and the only way to access the installation is by boat or aircraft (of course, swimming always works too!). There appears to be 2 enourmous tunnels burrowed out into the mountain, which have restricted access signs in Italian and American and are patrolled by both forces. I found it very interesting, considering the location and method (and the fact that a Club Med is on the other side of the mountain! However, the base is surrounded by fence, to prevent access from wandering tourists.). I am currently researching this area, but if anyone has any insight please respond privately.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I came up with some info. I had to get a bunch of Italian documents translated but this is what I came up with. The island houses all of Italy's leftover weapons from World War II, along with their own facilities for supporting the USS Emory S. Land. This ship is a submarine tender, which repairs and conducts maintainance on incoming submarines and ships requesting replentishment. Nothing too exciting about that. I already bought my plane tickets out of here.

Mr. M

new topics

join