It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Obama actually claim to see ghosts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Does Obama actually claim to see ghosts?

www.talkleft.com

On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is quoted from the liberal (so you all know it's not a fake) talkleft.com website.

So, the question is can Obama see ghosts, or has he just exposed himself as just another empty suit candidate with a (faulty?) teleprompter?

www.talkleft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/28/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Lol! First his uncle was in Auschwitz, now this? All of the candidates are now making these mistakes. Is it just exhaustion, or what is it?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Well, Obama is a heavy crack user...I'm sure he see's lots of stuff we can't see. The guy is a total wackjob! Tells you how MESSED up his mind is and he's not even a president yet. Reason again...to vote for Hillary.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Obama's camp is now claiming that the uncle (white uncle?) was at Buchenwald, not Auschwitz.

These people can claim it is from "fatigue" all they want, but wouldn't actually being president be a lot more tiring? The late night comedians must be licking their chops for all the great material they'll have if either Hillary or Obama wins.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Reason again...to vote for Hillary.

You forgot about this, didn't you?

It doesn't make sense to dismiss anyone just on mistakes in their speech. Dismiss them on their qualifications, and what they are planning to do, and whose interests they will be working for.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Calm down, kids. He just misspoke; any rational observer can see he meant to say he saw veterans in the audience. The language he used was a bit awkward, sure; but when you speaks for hours and hours a day, you are bound to say something goofy or misspeak.

Of course, I'm sure none of you have ever done that.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by TheBandit795

The late night comedians must be licking their chops for all the great material they'll have if either Hillary or Obama wins.

They have great material with all three mainstream candidates.
It doesn't matter what political party they're from.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
golly gosh, centurion, we certainly ARE reaching a little too far down the rabbit hole today, huh?

i believe it's called "figure of speech", as in 'not to be taken literally'?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Calm down, kids. He just misspoke; any rational observer can see he meant to say he saw veterans in the audience. The language he used was a bit awkward, sure; but when you speaks for hours and hours a day, you are bound to say something goofy or misspeak.

Of course, I'm sure none of you have ever done that.

And I'm sure Bush never "mispoke" either. But that didn't stop people here from from pouncing on every word and then posting about it literally thousands of times. Now, you all just sit back and find out what it feels like to watch your chosen candidates make fools of themselves in front of the world.

Fair is fair, level playing field - right?

[edit on 5/28/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Uh-oh ... he's 'LOST HIS BEARINGS' again!

(and his camp had the audacity to try to nail McCain with 'lost bearings!'
)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sure, Obama fans can claim he misspoke every time he makes one of these statements.

But what causes people to misspeak?

Generally, people who speak from the heart and who are sincere are not going to misspeak. People who are trying to pander, exaggerate, etc. are going to make up stuff as they go, i.e., "misspeak."

Obama doesn't think U.S. troops are heroes, fallen or otherwise. In his world view, how could they be heroes? For unjustly invading Iraq?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
all three of the candidates are useless idiots . this is what our country has become . and if any of you think that voting for or backing any of them is going to make some kind of big difference in our country then your as idiotic as the candidates . these people are spineless cowards and as far as i'm concerned they do not in any way represent what our country was built on . but they do represent where it is going ,,,,, down the toilet and fast ...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

And I'm sure Bush never "mispoke" either. But that didn't stop people here from from pouncing on every word and then posting about it literally thousands of times...

So, if it isn't okay for them to do that, then it shouldn't be okay for you to do it either, right?

Hypocracy is hypocracy, level playing field - right?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Well, Obama is a heavy crack user...I'm sure he see's lots of stuff we can't see. The guy is a total wackjob! Tells you how MESSED up his mind is and he's not even a president yet. Reason again...to vote for Hillary.

I think you're a heavy crack user*. And I'm sure you're losts of stuff we can't see.

Well, not that I have any proof, whatsoever. But I heard -- Greased-Up Deaf Guy told me!** And well, since we are applying that type of empty logic to people, I figure it's okay if the same logic is applied to you.

(*Of course, anyone can see this is satire, and not meant to actually suggest JediMiller is abuses drugs)

(**I can't claim this joke as my own. Fans of Family Guy will recognize it from the "Untold Story of Stewie Griffin", as Stewie's explaination of where he heard there is a ghost in Three Men and a Baby)

[edit on 28-5-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Who knows, Hillary's campaign is dead but he still seems to be able to see her!

But seriously, yeah just a minor grammatical kerfuffle. He damn well be writing his own speeches... the only reason I like him (but not his policies) is that I consider him one of the best orators Ive seen this century (ie past 8 years).

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Generally, people who speak from the heart and who are sincere are not going to misspeak. People who are trying to pander, exaggerate, etc. are going to make up stuff as they go, i.e., "misspeak."

Excuse me? Only people who are trying to pull a fast-one or decieve misspeak? So, we can assume that you've never misspoken, right?

Actually, what causes people to misspeak is not an attempt to decieve (common sense would tell you that it would be the opposite), but rather a variety of innocuous things, including distraction, your mouth moving faster than you brain, and your brain moving faster than your mouth.

Of course, when you already assume the worst about a person, you are going to ascribe the worst motives to their every action.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I've done a good amount of "public speaking" through the years, at school, University etc. Every single time, I always missed bits of my rehearsed talk out - always by accident. Usually just a sentence here and there although one time a whole paragraph
, I usually just kept going as it works out better than fumbling around trying to get back to the bit you were at etc.

Thats obviously what happened here, he missed out a couple of words and tada! "Obama claims to see ghosts! " , nonsense!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The sentence was pretty funny, but I wouldn't ascribe any ulterior motives to him for that gaffe. If he had just taken out the word "fallen" the sentence would be grammatically and logically correct. As an editor and Eng. prof., I'd say it's an error of the kind even the best writers sometimes make.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

And I'm sure Bush never "mispoke" either. But that didn't stop people here from from pouncing on every word and then posting about it literally thousands of times...

So, if it isn't okay for them to do that, then it shouldn't be okay for you to do it either, right?

Hypocracy is hypocracy, level playing field - right?

Now you're also attempting to shoot yourself in the foot (or a little higher and to the rear).

I'd say by sheer numbers of posts that the left has decided it's more than OK. So, the hypocrisy - if it exists - belongs to the left for making all those posts and then deciding it isn't fair if someone does it to O(bs)ama.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join