It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vet Faces Lawsuit For Flying American Flag

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

---But state law said anyone can display a flag in a "respectful manner" as long as it is removable

Game over.

The homeowner's association doesn't have a leg to stand on here if indeed state law says that he can fly the flag on his property. Their rules mean jack squat if that's the case.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Vor,
Yes if that is the case I think you might be right. But from what I remember about hoas around this area they will be charging this man all sorts of fees for filling and taking legal action. On case the news paper reported on one couple was charged two thousand dollars in fees for one incident.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by RedGolem

---But state law said anyone can display a flag in a "respectful manner" as long as it is removable

Game over.

The homeowner's association doesn't have a leg to stand on here if indeed state law says that he can fly the flag on his property. Their rules mean jack squat if that's the case.

Yes but unfortnately the homeowner's association can also kick him out of the association if he wants to fly the flag and disobey their rules.

So while he can fly his flag, his will lose his house.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
HOA's are just another type of legal entity that needs to be reigned in. Many of these places are ruthless. This is just another example of how private corporate entities are being allowed to violate our rights.

De-regulation has led to a vast reduction of individual rights by turning over all power to those who can afford the lawyers. These HOA's should have to follow a standard set of guidelines, so that people don't get robbed by failing to look into the control given to the HOA when buying their place.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Wouldn't he be abe to countersue for court costs? I also think that with the bad publicity generated by this incident there's a good chance that the HOA might back down.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think THIS particular HOA need's to reevaluate thier situation and realize the ONLY thing that is gonna decrease thier property value is the fact thier property is IN Clermont, Fl.
But on a side note this case I believe will end as most of these types of HOA cases do. The court will side with the HOA, who will in-turn place a lien against his property for failure to pay associated fines and fees and will subsequently foreclose on his property to get rid of the trouble-maker.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
Wouldn't he be abe to countersue for court costs? I also think that with the bad publicity generated by this incident there's a good chance that the HOA might back down.

If he wins the case, usually the other party pays his lawyer and court fees, at least that's how it works here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join