It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter To The Public

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Dude, I have to get to work somehow. When the revolution starts, I'm in, till then got to keep a roof over my families head.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
My response is supposed to me more than one line or two, but I have but a couple words to say!

Amen brother! Well put!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
DocGonzo - You don't think that it is the responsiblity of the working class moms and dads?? I disagree with you completely. I have a little one, and yet I feel responsible too, in some way, for the future generations and what they have to live in. We are ALL in this together. I feel we are all just as responsible for our behaviours, and the direction this country goes.

If you are talking responsible as far as writing letters to congressmen and the occasional peaceful protest then yes,I agree,that is Everyone's responsibility.

But I'm talking about when things get really hairy...I mean really hairy as I suspect they will soon...I wouldn't ask ANY parent to leave their children and pick up a gun.That's all I'm saying.

Doing the political footwork for the masses is all well and good,but it just doesn't work.Eventually the powder keg is gonna explode and when it does it'll be up to the younger generations to shake up the streets,and it will be the parents job to protect their families at any cost.

Doc

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Okay.... So its a little harder to go without gas for some of us, it just so happens that we still have options to stick it to the fat cats. If you live in a rural area than you can help others and start a car pool. lets find that person who bought a minivan that gets 25 to 40 mpg and get a gient carpool together, not two people but max load. A van going to the city and parking at the park and ride, with an eery resemblance to a clown car. when i was much younger everywhere I went, I walked or rode a bike. For long distances i took the busses. Unlike then, for me, everyone is encouraged to take a bike on public transportation. As children we knew that patience was key in travel, only in our aging did we discover convenience. if you need to keep a roof over your head, wouldnt it be easier to do so while not paying $50 a week or more? Not to mention those prices for insurance that 50 years ago were voluntary. Now you see everyone complains and dosent seem to look for those easy solutions right in front of them. We are a community no matter where we come from and as such should be looking out for each other. The media has scarred most of our community to not trusting our neighbors so we try to do everything on our own, which sets us up to fail.

You can all be part of the solution or the problem. We can only combat this together as a unit, a people, a family. We are all united in that we are all of the same kind.... human-kind!!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokingmonkey
Dude, I have to get to work somehow. When the revolution starts, I'm in, till then got to keep a roof over my families head.

Then who will start it? the tragedy of commons dictates that every person can do something small almost insignificant and all those tiny events can change the world for the worse. but you see it dose work the other way around also. our revolution could be each person doing something so small that no one would look twice till it added up and did change the world.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DocGonzo

I just wanted to express that I admired your stance on this thread. Starred

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

He's got my respect as well. Not many sound like they are willing to take responsibility for what's going on.

And um... Just because this is my thread, I can post what I want to right?

Had to share!!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
there is lots of talk about mopeds, motorcycles etc, but i have on problem with that, what about the people who own general contracting companies like me and have to pay for fuel in 4 diesel pickups to make money? with out them i cant get my tools to jobsites etc? Construction is all I know and i have been doing it for 20+ years and i dont know how much more longer it will last with these fuel prices. I was thinking about just getting a frew more credit cards and going into debt on those..

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You said in your posts to this topic first of all and I quote,

"Just want to say that I think the gas at the pumps for you is still cheap..

in the UK, we're paying £1.26 for one litre, so one gallon would be £6.30.

that in Dollor$ is roughly about $11.00 per gallon.. FOR REAL... "

then you said shortly after you said and I quote again,

"I live in Missouri and it's right at 4 dollars a gallon"

Either you move a lot or you are fibbing.

Care to explain as both of your points are correct but you cannot live in two places at the same time. I dont like to share any info with people who lie and as far as im aware this website is about denying lies and ignorance so id appreciate an explanation as innocent as this may be.

No offence intended of course.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hey there. I just wanted to know how that water4gas thing worked out for you. I have seen it advertized on Alex Jone's website and have wondered if it is any good. Thanks in advance.

Catt

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join