It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rattlesnake bite victims showing extreme symptoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Rattlesnake bite victims showing extreme symptoms

www.zwire.com

The victim experiences extreme pain at the location of the bite, nausea, sometimes diarrhea. Then the mouth and throat swell, making it difficult to breathe. The victim gets lightheaded, collapses and goes into shock - all within minutes of the strike.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is from my local paper. Are we just getting weaker or are the snakes just getting stronger?

Click on link for full article.

www.zwire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm failing to see the alternative (i.e. conspiratorial) side to this article?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Thanks for the post. I have a particular interest in this matter, I cannot take an anti-venom or rabies shot, I am allergic. Found out when I was a wee kid , I was bitten by a bat in the daytime, unable to locate the bat , and assuming an aggressive bat in the day may be rabid, I was given the first of the rabies series shots and almost died from the serum. I used to carry and epi shot, in the last few years I have not bothered. But in addition to rabies, the anti-venom contains the same type of serum and I cannot take it, lo and behold I have not only been bitten 2 times, I was trapped in a store one day by a large cottonmouth , ready to strike me. ( I still get the willies when I think about that!) Anyway, not much I can do about it, but , I will be on the lookout, and not place myself in any known rattler locations! LOL!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Sublime, the 'conspiracy' to this matter is why are the bites getting stronger, what has changed, and is it a natural phenomenon or is it being forced by the hand of humans.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I'm failing to see the alternative (i.e. conspiratorial) side to this article?

Sorry, could not find the zoology area. I just find it to be another strange anomaly , like the bees disappearing , etc. and wonder how it ties in the bigger picture of things.

Ama

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Maybe they are of a hybrid mutation? Although it is probably rare I am sure it could of happened over time. Or maybe they have encountered with certain pollution which overtime made their venom more effective.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by amatrine

Thanks for the post. I have a particular interest in this matter, I cannot take an anti-venom or rabies shot, I am allergic. Found out when I was a wee kid , I was bitten by a bat in the daytime, unable to locate the bat , and assuming an aggressive bat in the day may be rabid, I was given the first of the rabies series shots and almost died from the serum. I used to carry and epi shot, in the last few years I have not bothered. But in addition to rabies, the anti-venom contains the same type of serum and I cannot take it, lo and behold I have not only been bitten 2 times, I was trapped in a store one day by a large cottonmouth , ready to strike me. ( I still get the willies when I think about that!) Anyway, not much I can do about it, but , I will be on the lookout, and not place myself in any known rattler locations! LOL!

I understand allergies. I am allergic to ALL opiate pain medication, and ALL antibiotics. I am also allergic to bee stings etc . I am one of the few that are also allergic to the contrast die. Soon I will e allergic to air, oh yeah I have asthma so I guess I already am. ... I dont get how it is that my body produces reactions to all these foreign proteins. When I had a flu shot years ago, I became paralyzed from gullian barre syndrome as a result.

I tell ya life is a battle when your damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Ama

top topics

join