It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you tired of Religious Zealots hijacking your threads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I for one am tired of those "Zealot Thumpers" Always interjecting their religious superiority. Just because you are a Christian or Different religion.
The chosen people of God... Whatever.
And Those who feel man's mind is impotent and Evil.. Go elsewhere.

For those who Value Mans mind and ability come here and sound off.
"Objectivists, Egoists, Satanists, Atheists are all Welcome"

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Lantian]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Which ones? The christians or the skeptics? They both have so much blind faith in their respective belief systems ... They both have 'priests' that define reality by proclamation ...

Duncan

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lantian
I for one am tired of those "Zealot Thumpers" Always interjecting their religious superiority. Just because you are a Christian or Different religion.

What is a 'Zealot Thumper?'
What is so wrong with someone expressing an opinion that is different than yours?
Why are you excluding Christians, different religions, and the chosen people of God from this discussion?

Can you give us some examples?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well this is a message board with freedom of speech. Do not like it? Go join another place. There are Atheists who hijack religious threads as well. Am I saying it is right? Nope, but that is what freedom of speech is all about.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

People of all faiths that take their beliefs to an insane degree.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The Zealots interject God's will in everything.. I'm not barring them from posting.. THAT WOULD BE WRONG. All are free to post where and when they choose. I'm just making a point.. No need to be Defensive.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Taking ones beliefs to an insane degree is not unique to the religious.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Nor is it to an Atheist. People think religious are the only folks who cram beliefs down people's throats. Well there are a lot of Atheists who I know that for some reason feel like converting me all the time. Same coin every side. There are
extremists in every culture, religion, or non religion.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The Zealots interject God's will in everything.. I'm not barring them from posting.. THAT WOULD BE WRONG. All are free to post where and when they choose. I'm just making a point.. No need to be Defensive.

I'm not defensive in the least.
I'm missing your point though.
All I see is that you are tired of reading others opinions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to see where you are coming from.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by garyo1954

Nor is it to an Atheist. People think religious are the only folks who cram beliefs down people's throats. Well there are a lot of Atheists who I know that for some reason feel like converting me all the time. Same coin every side. There are
extremists in every culture, religion, or non religion.

I certainly agree with you. There are fanatics (if you will allow me that term) on both sides of the spectrum.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It is best to remember that they mean well.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged Lantian !!!

Personally I too am absolutely sick of it. :shk:

Ever since the United States Supreme Court ruled that Atheism is a religion. All we ever see in the Faith and Spirituality and CIR Forum is Religious Zealot atheists hi-jacking Christian threads with their criticisms. Damn Darwin thumpers !!!

cuts both ways - hmm?

[edit on 5/28/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well if you are sick of it then that is too bad. Here at ATS they encourage everyone to speak their minds. Whether you are a Jew, Christian, Atheist, Agnostic or Alien. Censorship is something that should not be tolerated. It is great yo have people challenging our minds everyday. If it were not for people who doubted the presence of God then we would probably be stuck in the 1600's.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

If it were not for people who doubted the ignorance of paganism we'd still be stuck in the pre-Christian era. (Cue human sacrifice, fear of spirits, slavery to superstition and every imaginable brutality and cruelty under the sun...)

My main issue with the OP is that it suggests people who take their faith seriously need to be derided, using terms like 'zealots'.

SR

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Is it just me or has there been an increase of the past year even when i was lurking and not actually a posting member on ATS the feverent behavior of people was never as bad as i've seen it recently and that was prime time post 9/11 outlash.

It's as if communication has just broken down.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by SR]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I am trying to take Universal Humanitarianism to an insane degree. That way, all the Gods and peoples have no excuse why they cannot be accepted.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

yeahhh

right bunch of Gits we are!!!!!

How dare we not have the such closed minds as those accusing us of the same thing. don't you just hate it when non believers wade in with the predictable authoritative "God doesn't exist" quotes without offering a sing shred of evidence.

You know if you justn keep on shouting loud and often you might actually believe your own words.

cant you see you are all in cocoons mewing to yourselves how great an intellect that you are going to ascend to?

BLAH BLAH BLAH bunch of crying blouses or what?????????

mummy he wont let me play!!!!!!!!!

david

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

do you not see the paradox of your post oh great thinker??
blimey an arrogant mind is so blind.

Mirror mirror on the wall, i am a bit dim but because i recognise this, it makes such an intellect doesnt it..right????

NO!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

Bad day at work im on a rant now!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Taking your beliefs to an insane degree...

Dictionary.com defines insane as:

1. not sane; not of sound mind; mentally deranged.
2. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a person who is mentally deranged: insane actions; an insane asylum.
3. utterly senseless: an insane plan.

And Webster defines insanity as:

1: a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as schizophrenia)
2: such unsoundness of mind or lack of understanding as prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or as removes one from criminal or civil responsibility
3 a: extreme folly or unreasonableness b: something utterly foolish or unreasonable

Now, in the case of Christianity, the Bible seems to state that Christians are supposed to share the Good News of the Gospel. So in the case of Christians interjecting into Faith forum threads with their beliefs, they are maintaining and practicing what they believe. It seems to me that you're saying that it is they who are the ones taking their beliefs to an insane degree.

This, then, would mean that Scriptural Christianity is deranged, or that those who believe in Christianity as described in the Bible without outside culture influencing that belief are unsound of mind and lack the mental capacity required to do much. Otherwise, the claim would have to be that Christianity is foolishness, and to believe in it is foolishness.

If the final statement would be most reflective, could that not be turned around in the head of the Christian to include those secular Christians who adopt a cultural filter into their reading of scripture and try to make it fit the culture they live in, as well as those who are not Christian?

So, really, the request seems to be to close this forum... I don't really see that happening, though

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join