It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of privacy...Big Brother trys to strike again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I am one for everyones right to privacy. Now it looks like the Canadian government is trying to give law enforcement the right to search your laptops for illegal content. Ok, sure piracy is a big problem but this is going way to far.

I buy my CD's because I like the inserts but I do put my music onto my laptop for something to listen to while I am at work that way I don't have to carry around 100 or so CD's. I don't share my music, but how will they be able to tell it hasn't been downloaded?

OTTAWA -- The federal government is secretly negotiating an agreement to revamp international copyright laws that could make the information on iPods, laptops and other devices illegal, according to a leaked government document.The deal could also force Internet service providers to hand over customer information without a court order.

"If you're carrying a laptop in a cafe, a cop could look at it."

News Source

How many more rights to privacy are they going to take away? this is probably only the beginning.

Mod Note: Breaking General News Posting Guidelines- Please Review This Link

And most importantly, the submission must be made via the 'submit' News Button
located on the toolbar at the top of the page.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Jbird]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Your right, that one sounds like its going way to far.
I can't help but think that copy rights is not the driving force behind that one. Just does not seem worth it when it down to the level of checking everyones MP3.

join