It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing new doom theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
by applying quantum theory to human consciousness I have developed an ad hoc theory that any event that is predicted on the internet will be shifted out of our world and happen in another universe. for example if you predict that the stock market will crash tomorrow on a forum you will cause that event to never happen in your world. So to take this even farther. with all of the doom and gloom of any possible scenario imaginable will cause any scenario to never happen. So no end times no asteroids, jesus coming back.
the proof of this is that since 9/11 there have no major terrorist attacks. since katrina there have been no real hurricanes, and by the looks of it no major earthquakes. Doom will never happen becuase we are always predicting it. the day we stop predicting doom is the day it finally happens.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So, whatever event that I predict won't happen in this universe but will happen in another universe? I don't know. There has been a major earthquake in China, and hurricane season is just coming up so I guess we'll see if there are some.

Well, let's try this theory out. I predict I will not win the lottery this Saturday.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by TheComte]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I also will check this theory:

I predict that there will be a further earthquake in Aisa at 8.7 on the ricter scale, next wednesday at 3:47am.

I also predict that will not will Big Wednesday tonight.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If memory serves, there was another major hurricane in 2005.

Yep, right there. Hurricane Rita caused $11.3 billion in damage on the U.S. Gulf Coast in September 2005. Rita was the seventeenth named storm, tenth hurricane, fifth major hurricane, and third Category 5 hurricane of the historic 2005 Atlantic hurricane season.

Rita made landfall on September 24 between Sabine Pass, Texas and Johnsons Bayou, Louisiana, as a Category 3 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale. It continued on through parts of southeast Texas. The storm surge caused extensive damage along the Louisiana and extreme southeastern Texas coasts and completely destroyed some coastal communities.

Source

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
How is this a doom theory again?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You cause doom not to happen.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
nice theory
america will be a fascist state, undervaluing the constitution and the rights of the people
now, its been predicted, lets hope it doesn't happen

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Thats understandable. Look how many times people predicted that another terrorist attack would happen. And if someone comes to this site and reads that, they might decide to postpone the plan and decide to strike another day when we least expect it. Thats what I always think about when I read warnings of speculated upcoming terrorist attacks. Makes sense for the world to do the same, I guess.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I also have to take issue with the "no major hurricanes" thing, but it's an interesting theory...... sort of like the enigmas of quantum mechanics, you look at it, you can't measure it... you measure it, you can't pinpoint it's location. Pretty good ;o)

So, just in case, in keeping with your theorum, I predict the Yellowstone caldera will blow ummmmmmm...... September 17th, at 8:05 a.m. EST. So we ought to be safe until then.

Now, if we consider that there might be not only alternate universes, but INFINITE universes, then the variables of the shockwaves rolling might be wreaking havoc in many of these alternates as we speak. OR! Perhaps we are an alternate clone of someone else's reality.

Yah. I need to cut down on espresso.

Cool thread, thanks

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
So what if a being in another universe says The Universe Will Never Be Completely Destroyed. What happens then? The Universe destroys itself in our Universe? Or in one of the infinite universes?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Oh, bother... infinite universes? Uni - singular... If we are going to go along with this, let's call it, oh... how about "multiverse"? Sorry, I just think we should make this right with the language.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by heliumboy

I'm sure you can explain how quantum mechanics applies to this or how is it that you are applying quantum physics?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm gonna have to disagree with this theory, jus' based on the Katrina hurricane itself....We knew it was gonna be a hurricane the real damage on Louisiana wasn't katrina itself but the levys that broke.
....You kinda cancel your theory. IF this theory exists in all the unisverses then even if we don't predict another terroist attack if someone else in another does then the catastrophe will be shifted on to us anyway.....or at least in theory.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I can see how, explained like this (in very simple terms), it may look silly or even preposterous to many people.
But (consciously) deflecting events by "predicting" them is what I have been doing my entire life, albeit mostly in a personal sphere.

Which is why I understand what you're saying and I know it is perfectly viable possibility.

P.S. The bad news is... it's not a new "theory", of course.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

If your theory would apply to this universe why would it not be equally applicable to another parallel universe?

The same things they might be creating or avoiding in another universe according to your theory could be manifesting in our universe either good or bad.

Another point to ponder is the Myanmar cyclone that caused the death of at least 22,000 people, more than 10 times the amount of people killed in Katrina.

Is this the result of another parallel universe applying your theory to our universe?

myanmar

katrina

As for your comment of no major earthquakes happening, please describe to me what just recently happened in China?

[edit on 6-6-2008 by etshrtslr]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Then by your logic you have just caused every doom theory to happen. because now you just predicted that all the predictions will not happen to us thus... Causing all those predictions to come true here and now. However thanks to me predicting this we are safe once again. You're welcome.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The doom theory I am talking about is stuff like stock market crashes, wars, and earthquakes. I think that making predictions is a quantum mechanical occurance in your brain. The event you see in your head will happen or may happen in this universe, making the prediction known causes it to not happen in your timeline. If you want doom to happen keep your prediction to yourself. I think that this is a control mechanism by the universe so ordinary people don't become prophets.

there are plenty of predictions that people made but never publicized that actually happen.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliumboy

there are plenty of predictions that people made but never publicized that actually happen.

Your theory holds merit, this is true.

Ever hear of a dream come true?

That said, i don't think you've taken into account the true multi-dimensional (parallel universe, if you prefer) implications of what you speak.

You say that anything which is predicted here occurs because of a quantum mechanical process - why not in other universes?

What happens when all the universes make the same prediction at the same time?

You may think that would be impossible, but we all start somewhere, don't we?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It is my belief that when this all began, within this 'reality' as we've come to perceive it the laws of physics and causality meant nothing.

That metaphorical time before God decided to create Earth and the laws that supported our existence, if you like it like that.

Why would a universe which supported no matter require any physical laws?

The universe has been around for far longer than most people think, i reckon, and because it has existed so long it defies physical laws simply by existing.

All the big-bang amounts to is nothing more than an orchestral crescendo of violent pent-up energy, in my eyes.

I say it was nothing more than the opening of the chorus.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
When we make an effort to do something we are changing to another universe. when we post a prediction we are essentially making an observation which may push the predicted event into another universe. This is why psychic phenomena can never be proved becuase it is being measured. yes I know that quantum events do not occur on the macro scale.

new topics

top topics

join