It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Evidence Emerges About Impending Police State?

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As I anixously travel to school and back... (Why am I anxious? I still don't know. Anyone feel like that?)... and to school again. My impending travel between the two places always takes me to the same place for the past 5-6 years. So I have almost telepathicly anticipated when the rush hours will be, and at what time of year, and how to hit all of the stop lights.

It is so routine to me, a months ago, something struct me out of the blue.

As I was traveling on the highway, off to my left was an abondoned millitary ammuniton dump and base from WWII and Korea, but these days, a neighboring complex is now home to the national guard.

One afternoon, as I am traveling home, I hear the roaring of a helicopter, which I later identify to be something like CH-46D/E Sea Knight Helicopter, commonly used on aircraft carriers, but it weas something that I indentified to be like that. It was quite unsual, since I never seen helicopter missions flown at this time of day. EVER. I have lived within a few miles of this base for 15 years. It struck me as odd.

Another thing that was intresting about this national guard base. I had noticed much more millitary personal and vehicles (it was the repair shop for vehicles and such for my state) than usaul, I saw them being hauled in all day, but none coming out for the past few months.

And the most startling...
I was having a local meeting at my old high school, near the base and near where I work one night. I drive in and find the place crawling with police cars and SWAT vehicles. I later called the city about it and discovered that the national guard in conguntion with local law enforcement was learning urban combant technices.

This has never happened before... I don't know if the millitary just started new rules on this sort of stuff, but maybe there is something bigger going on....?

Anyone else on ideas?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
not sure if this is any help, but i googled it and this is one of the links that came up. thought i'd share.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
PRE 9/11 study done by Dept of Justice concluded that local law enforcement can benefit from federal programs to help combat terrorism and WMD attacks.

• Counter-terrorism needs at the local and state level are essentially the same at the federal level

• a key issue of the affordability of new technologies at the local level

• many of the capabilities used to combat terrorism are also needed to combat regular criminal activities in general

Pay close attention the the KEY FINDINGS along the left border of the paper. It's like an executive summary.

pdf paper

It makes perfect sense to me. Good use of our tax dollars. The alternative would be a high priced consultant hired by the local agencies to do the same thing soldiers can provide free of charge.

edit spelling

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I've posted pictures of this elsewhere here on ATS, but my local fire-training center has now become home to a number of humvees, troop transports, trailered military generators, a communications truck.

If one were to ask me, I would say they are there waiting for a delcaration of martial law. Since there are no troops with the vehicles, I am assuming they will be used by local law-enforcment when the time comes, to reinforce the percpetion of outright martial-law.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm just rather concerned that the federal and state goverment is stockpiling troops and vehicles near my house. It just seems rather unusal that they would only start these training exercies now, not after 9-11, or sooner.

That is really intresting that your local fire department training center has been transformed to a storage site for the millitary. I wonder if any new policy has been taken into effect or something like that.

I wish there was more disclosure from the Federal goverment though...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Despite the fact that Communist China has more than a billion more people than the United States...

source

...the US has a more than a half-million more people in prison today...

source

So tell me, which nation is the police-state?

KTK

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Have you looked into why that is?

What are most of the jailings for and what is the average time spent?

Thats just a rather shocking graph and Im not an American so I wouldnt know.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KTK

Have you looked into why that is?

Money. Prisons and law-enforcement are big bisiness in the US. The only thing they really worry about in China is political dissent. But then again, ask any non-violent drug offender doing a life sentence because he got caught with some coc aine a few times, and he'll tell you he's a political prisoner too.

KTK

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Oh funny you should mention that.......

The same American prison/security companies now have(own) the government tenders for most of our various detention facilities in Australia. Infact they are buiding new ones "super ones" they call them.

Our drug laws arnt as rediculous as yours but both our prison rates would be reduced by about 3/4 if we both had Dutch drug laws.

Its heartbreaking when people with minor offences get incarcerated as more often than not a normal citizen comes out a harded criminal.

I dare say it wont be long before our government is pressured into toughening thier laws just to fill American prisons on Australian soil.

I wont even mention your nuclear power lobby and thier plans for power plants which we dont have nor want, all it takes is the right politician on side.

Globalisations fun hey, one day I may be forced to use a Z in that word Microsoft already makes me.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KTK

Many of our prisons are owned and operated by the government, but we too now have many privately owned and operated prisons as well. I think all of our "supermax" prisons are private. The supermax prisons are where they send the "most dangerous" criminals they want to be kept quiet. People like former leader of Panama, Manuel Noriega, and the late Mafia don John Gotti.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Have you guys seen this yet! The marines are coming!

2,300 MARINES SET TO INVADE INDIANAPOLIS & OTHER CITIES ACROSS INDIANA

www.liveleak.com...

new topics

top topics

join