It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Testing Emergency Broadcast System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have been living in Los Angeles since Sept. 2000 and have never heard any tests being done that pertained to the Emergency Broadcast System, until about two months ago. I am sure you all know what Emergency Broadcast System tests are, but if not, they are basically a broadcast that is ran on the radio and television advising the public about possible emergencies in the area, usually high pitched attention getting noises are used before and after the test.

Within the last two months I have heard these tests on the radio and on the TV several times a week. LA County Sheriff, Lee Baca, is the person who speaks during these tests and they last for about a minute or so. My schedule hasn't changed and I am not listening to the radio or watching TV any more than I have since moving here.

Does anyone have any idea as to why LA County might be doing these tests several times a week? I find this rather strange and even a bit alarming.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has been hearing these or if anyone might know why they are testing the system so frequently.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
On February 1, 2005 someone inadvertently activated an EAS message over radio and television stations in Connecticut telling residents to evacuate the state immediately. Officials at the Office of Emergency Management announced that the activation and broadcast of the Emergency Alert System was in error due to possibly the wrong button being pressed.

new topics

join