It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the US make peace in Isreal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
WTF is goin on over there?, it seems like itll never end. I would love to see some resolution to it and peace treaties that work.
Why do the Palestineans hate the jews so much and why does Isreal seem to provoke them.
I know the history of the country but cant we just get along over there.
That area is tainted, no one can go there without fearing of an attack. Suicide bombing in that manner is retarded.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I just wish the US would pull out of that whole scene completely....

The Palestinians and the Israelis can have each other.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The Palestinians and the Israelis can have each other.

My feelings exactly, nothing will stop two groups once they have sunk to the point of targeting each others children. I am afraid the only answer may be to let them wipe each other out or at least go at it until they choke on the blood.

In any event its not worth my sons going through what I did

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You miss the point. Even if the U.S. pulled out, otther interested parties (the rest of the Arab world) would not.

Will there be peace? There's only one way, and most of you don't want to hear it.

Pray for peace in Jerusalem.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
WTF is goin on over there?, it seems like itll never end. I would love to see some resolution to it and peace treaties that work.
Why do the Palestineans hate the jews so much and why does Isreal seem to provoke them.
If you had your house torn down by bulldozers, then maybe you would understand.

It is the movement of Zionism that these suicide bombers are desperately trying to back off. Why doesn't anybody give any help to the palestinians? It's because the U.S. supports the Zionism movement.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What is Zionism and what is its relation to being a movement?

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
What is Zionism and what is its relation to being a movement?

regards
seekerof
"The apparent connection between Judaism and Zionism is false. The connection has been nurtured by the Zionists in order to ensnare as many Jews as possible within their net."-Taken from Tales from the Time Loop, by David Icke.

A lot of people who call themselves Jews don't support this kind of activity against the country of Palestine.

But, the "anti-semitism" smokescreen is what the Zionists hide behind to further their agenda of expansionism and destruction of people's lives.

The ADL is just one arm of the movement and they have power to control US foreign policy, further supporting the Zionist movement.

The purpose of Zionism is to help colonize the Middle East, subvert Islam, and control the oilfields.-source link

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Despite your definition from conspiracyarchives, I simply did a simple search:
www.google.com...

Seems to me that their are a number of definitions, be they straight-forward or controversial, of 'zionism', but what is interesting is that the most prominent definition, used by a number of crediable sources is:

"A movement to establish a Jewish nation."

As to this mention:
"A lot of people who call themselves Jews don't support this kind of activity against the country of Palestine."

Link to give a numerical value to "a lot"? You are aware that those who feel that way and are called Jews, are considered orthodox Jews?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The U.S. has some responcibility in the situation to say the least.

We should do all we can to promote peace no matter where it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Many Jews are against aggressive colonization of the West Bank and Gaza.

However, almost all Jews support the idea of Israel and its citizens living in their own country in peace within some reasonable borders.

The situation is not symmetrical. The Arabs, with 99% of population and land, want to exterminate the remaining 1%. The one percent objects strenuously.

Part of the problem is the bad political situation in Israel giving marginal (and the often right wing religious) parties too much power.

Should be a presidency and not a parliament.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   

As to this mention:
"A lot of people who call themselves Jews don't support this kind of activity against the country of Palestine."

Link to give a numerical value to "a lot"? You are aware that those who feel that way and are called Jews, are considered orthodox Jews?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Seekerof]
Well, I can't give a link to a specific amount, but there was a protest in Washington, D.C. that put the amount at 75,000, which may give a general idea.---link

Some information about the tactics used:"Israel has shamelessly exploited the fate of European Jewry (the Nazi Holocaust) as a cloak for gross human rights abuses."---link

The very first martyr against Zionism:--link

Here is some info. about Anti-Zionism not being Anti-Semitism.---link

And, of course, the ADL doing it's job of preventing anyone from questioning or challenging the Zionism movement.---link

Jews who are lured into the Zionism movement don't know what it's all about, and I think they can hardly be called Jews when they are a part of the Zionist movement.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I really like the fact that someone just starts a thread like this. A very good question, jrod, and these answers you see before you (except maybe one for now) are all quite worthy of your attention. More simply, what I mean is look into what they are saying about Zionism. That's a big key to this one, as Zionism was the motivation behind the separation and carving up of the middle east after the ottoman empire (you know your history, don't you? well now you know a bit more
)

someone was right about one thing earlier on. The answer isnt something everyone would like. If peace, everlasting and uncorrupted is what is wanted, Israel has to stop buying weapons from the US and EU, while having Palestine agree to an oil pipeline contract that would restart the old Haifa program. Yuck, i dont like that one, myself. well there are better options, anyway. ones that don't involve a weapon of mass destruction (zio*cough*nists ). like maybe an overthrowing of the government that runs Israel would be a more fitting soultion.

Most of the hatred is government inspired on both sides of the border. the likud spins out its anti arab propaganda, and the aristocracies and councils of the middle east spits out its own anti-semitic crap just to instill hatred, sadly. the people themselves would rather want unhindered peace, that much I am sure of.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

it seems like itll never end. I would love to see some resolution to it and peace treaties that work.

Scripture indicates (check out Daniel, Ezekiel, Revelation etc) that Jerusalem would become, in the end times, a burdensome weight around the world's neck.

Before Israel became a nation again in a day in 1948--as predicted by Scripture--the land was wholesale desolate. There were not even many bedowins wandering through--it was so barren and desolate--no one wanted it.

Then Israel was returned to their God-granted homeland and made it bloom.

Suddenly Arab pride and greed rose up vigorously. Palestinians are Jordanians. The massive amounts of Arab land far out number in hectres the miniscule Israeli lands. Jordan could have taken all it's former subjects. So could Saudia Arabia--any Arab country had plenty of land to take them in. They refused. They stubbornly refused as a point of pride and greed.

There will be peace. There will first be a temporary false peace of evidently about 3.5 years. Then a huge slaughter of Israeli's.

Israel will be humbled until they return to worship the God of their fathers.

In due course, The Price of Peace whom they rejected will return and establish not just global but peace throughout Creation.

Until then, the drama builds.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
Why doesn't anybody give any help to the palestinians? .

People do give help to the Palestinians Iran is a example they have supported HAMAS for along time. There also not the only ones.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I know the history of the country but cant we just get along over there.
That area is tainted, no one can go there without fearing of an attack. Suicide bombing in that manner is retarded.

From what you say I don't think you know the history.

PBS.org

Before Israel invaded in a sneak attack back in 1967 the Palestinians living in the West Bank, Gaza, Cheeba Farms, and the Golon were not under Israeli rule.

The border was around the light areas in the map above.

They were not subject to draconian measures by the Israeli army.

The invasion did not drive out all of the people, and there are more than four million living there today.

They cannot become Israeli citizens, and Israel refuses to withdraw.

They are not free, nor are they sovereign.

Their status is Non-Entity.

They do not control their borders, and they do not collect their own taxes.

Israel controls the borders, and collects the taxs sometimes refusing peopel transit, and sometimes Israel steals their tax monies.

Israel bulldozes peoples homes, steals their land, and gives it to immigrant Jews.

Would you fight against that if you were a Palestinian?

There are many things they do not want you to know, and you can find a lot of them with niffty graphs here:

www.IfAmericansKnew.org...

If you are a dyed in the wool Zionist it may be best if you avoid this page.

Truth Hurts.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by ArchAngel]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Despite your definition from conspiracyarchives, I simply did a simple search:
www.google.com...

Seems to me that their are a number of definitions, be they straight-forward or controversial, of 'zionism', but what is interesting is that the most prominent definition, used by a number of crediable sources is:

"A movement to establish a Jewish nation."

If that were an accurate definition Zionism would have disappered almost 60 years ago when Israel was established.

It has different meanings today, and there are different extremes.

All support a Jewish nation, but where the borders would be, and how ethnically 'pure' that nation would be depends of the level of extremism.

The mild Zionists would be happy with the land within the pre 1967 war borders, and a diverse populace.

Others would take all of the currently occupied territories, and incorperate them into Israel.

More extreme factions would drive all the non-jews into the Dead Sea!

Then there are the Ultra-Zionists who would drive out every non-Jew from the Nile to the Euphrates.

They say it in whispers never daring to speak out loud, but they believe with all their being that God gave them this land, and that the greatest act of ethnic cleansing in the history of the world would be a good thing because its what God wants....

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

Israel invaded in a sneak attack back in 1967

THAT again?

ArchAngel, this has been explained to you several times, for example yesterday here

Here's a quick summary of some of the major events leading up to the Six-Day War

Once again, there are those in the Arab world who seek to rewrite history and impute expansionist motives to Israel, but the facts are clear.

• On May 16, 1967, Cairo Radio announced: "The existence of Israel has continued too long. The battle has come in which we shall destroy Israel." On the same day, Egypt demanded the withdrawal of UN forces that had been stationed in Gaza and Sharm el-Sheikh since 1957. Three days later, the UN announced it would comply with the Egyptian demand.

• On May 19, 1967 Cairo Radio said: "This is our chance, Arabs, to deal Israel a mortal blow of annihilation..."

• On May 23, 1967 Egypt's President Gamal Abdel Nasser declared his intention to block the Strait of Tiran to Israeli shipping, thus effectively severing Israel's vital trade links with East Africa and Asia. Israel replied that under international law this was a casus belli, an act of war.

• On May 27,1967 Nasser said that "our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel."

• On May 30,1967 Jordan's King Hussein placed Jordanian forces under Egyptian control. Egyptian, Iraqi, and Saudi troops were sent to Jordan.

• On June 1, 1967 Iraq's leader added his thoughts: "We are resolved, determined, and united to achieve our clear aim of wiping Israel off the map."

• On June 3, 1967 Cairo Radio hailed the impending Muslim holy war.

• On June 5, Israel, surrounded by Arab forces likely to attack at any moment, launched a preemptive strike.

Events leading to the Six Day War- 1967 (**)

Milhemet Sheshet Hayamim - The Six Day War begun. Yes - within six days, Israel had defeated its adversaries and, in the process, captured land on the Egyptian, Jordanian, and Syrian fronts.

Shortly after the Six-Day War, Israel indicated its desire to negotiate peace with its Arab neighbors. While Israel was unprepared to relinquish the eastern half of Jerusalem it was willing to exchange the seized territories for a comprehensive settlement. But Israel's overtures were rebuffed. An unmistakable response came from Khartoum, Sudan's capital, where Arab leaders issued a resolution on September 1, 1967 announcing the three noes:

• no peace
  • no recognition
  • no negotiation"

and Here is Seekerofs posting dt 12-12-2005 on page 4 of thas thread

1967 Arab-Israeli war + pre-emptive strike + 1967
    define:pre-emptive strike
    States have the right to make pre-emptive strikes on others
    The Legality of Preemptive or Preventive Counterproliferation Strikes

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka

ArchAngel, this has been explained to you several times, for example yesterday here

As has been explained to you over, and over again Pre-Emptive and Sneak Attack are not mutually exclusive rather they go hand in hand.

There are always reasons for a sneak attack, but who attacked first is not the only consideration.

What happens after the conflict is what matters, and the fact is that Israel took land that was not theirs, and has to this day refused to either withdraw, or allow the people of the land to become Israeli citizens with supposedly equal rights.

The settlements, and destruction of Palestinian homes and villages amounts to slow motion ethnic cleansing.

It is not justified by saying that Israel 'knew' they were going to be attacked.

Offer a solution for liberating the more than four million Palestinians rather than trying to justify their oppression with supposition from two generations ago.

It is weak, and falls on deaf ears.

The Palestinians are the victims.

top topics

join