It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Cross warns of food riots over soaring prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Red Cross warns of food riots over soaring prices

news.yahoo.com

GENEVA - The Red Cross warned Tuesday of a possible surge in "food-related violence" because of soaring prices that are increasing hunger around the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Scary times ahead!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well at least we have a ready supply of ethanol that reduces CO2 output by 0.00034%.

At what point will the U.S. government change course on the whole ethanol subsidies and realize the unintended consequences they've created?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by jamie83]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Am I the only one who is expecting to happen in supposedly civilized nations, too? We're facing problems that might not seem as difficult as those faced by third world countries, but that is all a matter of perspective. When people can't get to work because gas is too expensive and they can't feed their families because food is too expensive, I think that riots could be just as likely here in the States. It's not based on how bad it is compared with others (that's why the lecture your mom used to give you about the starving kids in Africa never got you to eat the brussels sprouts) but about how we see the situation affecting us and our families.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

I agree with you and thats why i posted it.

Things happen on a global scale now.

Food and fuel run hand in hand. I see this as the shape of things to come. I spend about $20 a week buying bulk food, medicine, and other assorted items for the days ahead. I hope these preparations go unused.

new topics

top topics

join