It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is changing inside of me...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is a classical example of what happens when we "want" to be special. The new age gurus have preached to us for so long that we're going to evolve, that really, were going to go to the next level...and people want to believe it so badly. They want to be a part of something bigger than themselves.

So we take it to heart, and we start believing in it. When you really want to be special, your mind can do interesting things. It can make you have lucid dreams, it will string together coincidences and let you think there is more to it than there really is. And this is exactly what is happening here. I know the new age gurus will slam me for it, but there is nothing going on here.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Is this dream in another time like in the past or is it in present time or even maybe future?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i have also started to wonder if i'm developing some sort of psychic skill. mine isn't nearly as profound as what you describe:

i frequently jolt awake in the morning - eyes wide open, immediately look at the clock and my alarm goes off at that instant. sometimes it's not as accurate - might wait up to 15 seconds before the alarm kicks on. - this happened twice this morning, actually (i hit snooze once.)

if i'm cooking something and set a timer, i always get a feeling that i should check to see if it's done. a very significant percentage of the time, i'm there within a minute of it going off. just enough time to get a plate out of the cabinet, get my hot sauce ready, and pick up the oven mitts. - it should be noted that we don't really have clocks in any obvious places. i normally sit at my computer when i'm at home with a game running full screen. i would actually need to get up and look int he living room to see what time it is. i just get a feeling that i need to check my food...

[edit] one thing that just occurred to me - yesterday, i tried cooking teriyaki-style chicken fingers for the first time. i cooked them for the normal temp and time as when i do them normally. i got that feeling about 3 minutes early. i thought i was off my game, but when i checked them they were actually starting to burn because of the sauce. [/edit]

a few months ago we bought a new stand to go next to the couch. our toddler was just learning to walk...i got really anxious and nervous about him tipping it over onto himself. i brushed it off because it didn't really seem all that likely. sure enough a few minutes later he did. he didn't get hurt, but he got wet from the glass of water that spilled. =)

i used to play a game when i was younger where i would sit by the front window of our house and "guess" what color car would come down the road next. i would say the colors to myself in my head and if one color had a different feeling than the others i went with it. i had a pretty good success rate.

anyway, interested in seeing what people have to say about the subject.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I too have been feeling quite strange lately. That is most of the reasons, I searched this site down thinking I could find some info here to help me out. I have been feeling a lot of the changes as the other people on this thread maybe not as extreme but certainly have been. I also feel like there is something I need to find or search out and it feels like the more i search the closer I get, even though I don't know what it is. So I believe what you are saying. I'm with you.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Well part of me hopes you are right. Then another part of me thinks "This person has no idea." I am not into the "New Age" thing or whatever you referred to it as, I dont want to believe anything "so badly". I actually have ignored it for while and then its thrown back into my face by those around me. For instance, today I thought "I havnt seen my Grandmother in a while, I should call her." and I mean its been about 2 months... well guess who pulls into my parking lot as I am standing outside getting ready to call her. This is small in comparison to everything else thats going on with me this is minute compared to what has been happening day after day, its not one thing. My days are riddled with scenarios exactly like the one above. I am not looking for them. These things are looking for me I am starting to feel. My day is busy, I run a computer store, I dont have time to sit around and dream up coincidences and string together normal occurrences to convince anybody. I really dont care if you believe what is happening is authentic or not but make no mistake this past month has been extraordinary for me and for those around me.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197
reply to post by Boruma

Want to have some fun?

Watch this, and all ten videos:

Ekhart Tolle's New Earth

This is how I started, but I did it live, and it was amazing.

I've watched 4 today, and ordered the book, thanks for pointing this out, makes alot of sense to me, loving the ego stuff, deffinatly taught me a thing or two so far.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by DigitalKid]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalKid

DigitalKid, you are going to have many a Ah Ha moments.

Wait until you figure out the timeless part. It took me until chapter 9. If you get quiet enough it will come to you. Then bang. Ah ha! Then, whoa! Then maybe OMG!

I really enjoyed this journey, and I don't care what anyone says, because I know you only get this when you want to.

Good luck, and U2U me if you think I might be able to help you.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My awakening has been happening for a while now, I think I am really starting to understand it watching this guy, looking forward to the book arriving, I recommend everyone else check these videos....

Well the ones of you who are ready.......

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing Boruma!

I too have been having slightly similar experiences. I am starting to remember a lot more of my dreams and symbolically they have been implying things in the future. One I had of two friends in an accident, the next day while I was driving, they came into my mind and immediately I almost got into an accident. Just last night I had one where I was late to school, and of course today I was late to school. Those are just minor ones, I have had a few more that are more personal and too long to share right now.

I have been having the same thing with numbers too. The whole 11:11 time on the clock, but to a much greater scale where almost every time I look at the clock, it is mentioning something or implying something. Or certain songs will come on, or maybe an ad on the radio, whatever, but it seems like now everything is just syncing up and everyone is growing and evolving.

I am very eager for the future as more and more people go through this. I think our world is ready for a change, and we are just starting to see it breaking through now.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Boruma

Boruma, read up on "kundalini". It might ring a bell.

Enjoy the ride, dude.
F

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Boruma

Hey there Boruma,

Seawolf197, has it pretty much nailed ... what you're experiencing is normal ... so normal in fact that hundreds if not thousands of people are having experience very similar to you.

I believe it's being induced by our 10 strands of 'shadow DNA' beginning to reactivate. Yes, it can be a little disconcerting sometimes ... particularly if you were not looking for or expecting it !

I went through something very similar 15yrs ago and it changed my life for the better and forever. To the point where I spend much of my time nowadays explaining to and advising people about exactly this kind of thing ... in fact a few months ago I set-up a website designed especially for people who were starting to experience their own personal 'awakenings' ... just to help them sort the wheat from the chaff (there are a lot of charlatans out there who will convince you to part with your money in your quest for understanding).

If you want to check-out some of the articles on my website just click the link in my signature. And if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask ... I'm happy to help.

(ANONYMOUS); your suggestion that people like the OP 'want to be special' ... you couldn't be more wrong (yes there will always be attention seekers and those who are only too happy to provide that attention ... at a price, under that god-awful banner called 'New-Age'
... but the truth is, every single one of us are 'evolving' ... every single second (one way or another), nothing and no-one stays the same. The important thing is to change for the better ... to grow and learn ... not be happy to stagnate.

And whatever you might think ...I am so far removed from the 'New-Age' brigade it's not even funny. Your augument is a tad flawed ... and very sweeping, but I do understand why some people think this way ... that too is normal.

Woody

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It is not evolution, it is a spiritual change that is awakening people.

It is everyone choice to believe the side they want to but when a false information is being told then it is lying and not helping.

So you have Evolution or a Spirtual Change.....
One will lead you to the Truth the other will not.

You have 2 roads, decide what road you want to take. If the road you take puts you asleep and this stops happening it is the wrong path.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by uknow_me72

I think you misunderstood my point. When I was saying evolution ... I was not referring to 'Darwinism' ... I was talking about 'Spiritual Evolution' (exactly the same as 'spiritual change' just different terminology).

And there are far more than 2 roads ... there are as many roads as there are people ... and each one just as individual, although it's true to say these different roads can be condensed into groups of similarity.

I hope this explains what I was saying previously in a more simplified way and also shows you that we were actually making the same point.

I'm hoping that I also misunderstood part of your post ... because for a moment there it sounded like you were calling me a liar !

Well, if that is what you were implying all I can say is that is your perogative, but could you at least offer a reason for making such an accusation please (just to be clear).

Might it be because of a reply I made on your thread about aliens ?

If so, and you didn't approve then your disaproval should be contained to that thread and not be allowed to spill over into someone elses (that's just bad manners).

If I have misunderstood then I fully appologize to you here and now, and will read replies to my posts more carefully in the future.

Either way it might be better if you wanted to make your reply (on this point) via u2u so as not to derail this thread and show some respect to the OP.

Woody

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boruma
What the hell is going on with me, now the past few days I have had this feeling of impending doom like a knot in my stomach and now that I am actually starting to take notice of "everything" I am really scared.

The term God has been tainted so badly due to man's ingorance on the issues, but I'll use it as a higher state of the consciousness of all things. So there's this "Most high God" and that's the father to all of creation. Our father is all knowing.

In many forms all this "life" that is around us all, that goes on day to day, it's a story. Some people have the ability to look ahead of the story from the point they are at in the story.

In the story there's a looming date. Welcome to 2012. It's a date that the story changes majorly. To many it's trouble. This would be the pit in your stomach. This would be the fear.

However what you need realize is you're feeling the doom of the collective body of the population. You need learn to seperate the levels of conscious thinking so that you don't go batty.

Good luck!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I am trying to make the powers behind ATS that have puppet accounts be more noticable....

This spiritual change is happening on Earth because God is getting the people ready for the things to come.

If we are saying the samethings and you had read my intital 2 post on this thread and understand what I mean there then we are on the same page.

I do not hold quams or issues against people nor carry them on, I understand people and know why they have their views.

There are 2 raods for everyone... I was not only limiting it just to 2 raods that everyone must take.... But there is a time when the 2 raods will come for that person and they decide what one to take...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well, I thought it was time for an update, I adhered to most of the advice given and it has really helped me. I have been able to shut out most of anomalies that have been freaking me out to the point of where it was starting to upset me. Today was a nice break, I'll tell you. I have been practicing the "Here and now" attitude and it has really helped. You see, I am the kind of person that dwells. With the advice that was given to me by all of you I can actually sit back and chill. Something that has always been very difficult to me. So thank you all for helping me obtain and enjoy a very "normal" day. I am sure that today was really anything but normal, however I exercised "one with the moment" and I have found it actually works for treating the onset of an obsessive mentality, which I have found myself nearing with every new "call".
Thank you again, I think I am going to talk about my past paranormal experiences in a new thread. Take care and if there are any new developments with me in regards to "you know what" Ill be sure to update you guys.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Spot on woodwytch. I started thinking after I read your post, and you know what, you are right. It's different for everybody. I've noticed a lot of changes in people around me where I work, even her on ATS, and how they wake up isn't really important, but they are waking up their own way. Some quickly, and others a little at a time. The OP might be on a fast track.

I believe that waking up to who we really are, and what is going on around us is actually a shift in our reality. I felt it one day as I rode to work with a younger co-worker. As I sat quite, and watched her go on and on about stuff, I realized I don't identify with that reality anymore. She was just so lost in thoughts of worry, family, identifying with her past, and trying to create an image that I felt for her. And, she told me she constantly walks around with a song playing in her head. Wow! I'm so glad I woke up to another way of living on this planet. ATS was a big help too.

I am very interested in whats coming, but I'm not worried, or afraid anymore, and it's great. How anybody gets to that point doesn't matter, but I hope more, and more people do.

I commute to work in one of the most beautiful areas in the country. Now I try and stay quite in my mind as I drive, and just take in the country side. Friday about two thirds of the way to work, I could swear I could feel my body reaching out in a higher vibrational way. It was incredible. That could have never happened if my mind was running in crazy circles.

Personally, I believe that to many people have last thoughts in life that wake them up: "I wish I lived more in the moment than I did." "I spent my whole life waiting for something better." They actually had to die to get woken up.

Glad to hear you are feeling better OP!

[edit on 31-5-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Congrats Boruma, you're awakening. It happened to me too recently. Some parts are really exciting, other things very strange.

But the main thing is... Now that you've uncovered your true potential, lets create a positive future.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Thank you, I have given myself a break from over analyzing everyday. I am trying to regulate the influx of new feelings, thoughts, emotions and subconscious activity. I think its great that people aren't attacking me on on this site due to my crazy sounding proclamations here on ATS. Its a great community that has helped me to open up about other things.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
That feeling of impending doom I was having... Well it totally manifested itself and now I am left with the aftermath.

I have been to the emergency room 4 times, one time I waited 13 hours before anybody even saw me. I started having intense stomach pain and then bleeding. They have diagnosed me with 5 or 6 stomach problems.

Has anyone ever gotten butterflies in their stomach? Well I started getting them, then they turned into rabid rats trying to chew a way out of my stomach. I attribute these problems to my awakening which at this point has totally ruined my life. Well, I should say changed it for now. I have lost my computer store due to not being open enough during the days when the pain was to intense. I also picked an opiate habit to deal with the pain. I have pushed away most of my friends and relatives. I have become totally consumed by my fears. I had turned into a complete recluse. Now I am being treated by professionals for my stomach. I have full health insurance, I have moved back into my old room at my parents and I am trying to get better. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Apparently I was not meant to run a computer store because since getting rid of it (which was very emotionally painful) I feel new and my mind feels clear. I am starting to socialize again but for the most part I am just taking it easy.

What had happened to me? Where did this come from. Why me? Why do I have to be burdened with the things I feel will happen in the future? Why can't I just have a normal life? Uggh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join